PDA

View Full Version : S14 Rb25 Swap Parts?

Sills
04-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately I blew my Sr engine in my 1997 Silvia S14. It knocked then about 50km later completely died.

I took to the local facebook groups in search of a new engine (Not many around where I live in central Canada.) and a guy is offering to sell me a fully built Rb25Det Neo , its got gtr cams, forged pistons, head studs, upgraded headgasket ect, Its also a top mount T(67?) and a jun racing forward intake manifold with 880cc injectors and claims 600hp @13psi. Comes with a trans with a fresh twin plate too. The price is great and its obviously something a thrillseaker like me wants to get, the only problem is I really have no clue what im doing.

Ive searched a lot but due to this engine being somewhat customized and wanting all my info here ive decided my best option would be to make a tread.
The engine was supposed to go into the guys R32, and comes with an ecu, wiring harness and a driveshaft that he claims will fit my S14 (Its a small town and im a bit familiar with the guy so I trust this will fit). Getting the Sr out is something ill be able to do myself, however im mainly concerned of how the rb will fit in. Ive read that ill need a crossmember, some claim R32, some R33? As well as engine mounts? Or is it either or? Also the wiring harness will be fine in my S14 or will I need a new harness?

Id really like a list of things I will NEED as well as things that would be good to get. Ive already thought I will probably need to upgrade my fuel pump..

Will the Rb fit the same power steering, radiator, clutch slave, brakes??, ect that the Sr does?

Im not dumb, and I dont doubt that ill be capable of doing this swap. Its just something ive never done so it is a little intimidating and I am only a grade 12 student, id just really like to know exactly what im doing and have everything planned out before I take this on. Ill probably make a detailed thread on my swap progress in the future, and it would be crazy if it all works out.

Thanks in advance! Also my car was originally running an Sr20DE if that matters!

rawgarage
04-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Def need crossmember and wiring harness...

Plenty of RB builds on here...but text me 9792366891 for parts or info

Sills
04-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Def need crossmember and wiring harness...

Plenty of RB builds on here...but text me 9792366891 for parts or info

So why will I need a harness? Ive heard this once before. Wont the one I get with the engine work? And do you need mounts too with a crossmember or does it attach to the crossmember?

Sileighty_85
04-27-2015, 12:33 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=332057

Sills
04-27-2015, 03:13 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=332057

Thanks so much! Thats a great thread and I spent a couple hours looking over it all! I am only left with a few questions which are

1. Is there anything different to notice when dropping it in a RHD S14?

2. So Will I be able to use the provided wire harness with it even though its for an R32 or not? Wont everything still plug into the sensors then into the provided ECU fine?

3. If anyone knows- Ive heard McKinney Mounts wont require swapping the crossmember, Is this an okay choice?