PDA

View Full Version : Hero. (Nothing to do with the song)

Ghettokracker71
08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
What does that word mean to you guys ? My hero just died last night. My great-grandfather died. He was married 61 years to his high-school sweet heart,who is still alive and is now widowed.He broke his neck/wist in WWII. Ever seen the show "The Waltons" ? Well,the actor in the show,playing the role of the Sheriff is portraying(sp) him...Needless to say I'm a little broken up right now.

Harold Saunders 1912 -- 2004

S14Speed997
08-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Sorry man, sounds like he was a great guy, and you seem to really appreciate the time you got to spend with him.

To answer your question, I personally feel a hero is someone you can count on to be there for you regardless of the situation. Someone you know won't back down from anything to help you. I was fortunate to have a grandpa who was my hero. Seems like the good ones are fewer and more far between these days.

Ghettokracker71
08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Thats a very interesting way to veiw hero,thanks for the imput. I geuss I was lucky enough to even meet my great grandpa,muchless still have my grandparents.

cali240sxdrifter
08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Hero - A person that was there to help others. Being there for his family and friends.

Sorry to here about your grandpa. I hope you will think of the good times you have spent with him instead of the fact that he isn't here anymore.

Ghettokracker71
08-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm glad hes not suffering in the hospital anymore,thats for sure.

A person who helps others...I like that.

brianglawson
08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
my father is my hero, he is the best dad ever, and will do anything for me and my sis, and my grandma...he is great, my non family hero, or my second, would have to be Layne Stanley (RIP)

mutkung
08-12-2004, 02:19 PM
hero = someone who help other people without thinking about him/her self first, who don't want anything in return for what he/she did for others. Sorry about your great grand father. You are still lucky that you know your great grand pa, I never had the chance to know my.

Ghettokracker71
08-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Mutkung- LOL your sig definitely picked my day up,lol