PDA

View Full Version : GT2 vs GT3

doriftokouki
08-11-2004, 10:54 PM
silvia s14

nocomedown
08-12-2004, 01:13 AM
i agree. GT3 is a hell of a game, but i did put in GT2 not long ago and was happy to see all of the used cars and stuff. that was a really nice feature, and i couldn't believe that i actually thought those graphics were good at one point. i was driving a 180sx and could hardly tell what it was.

po1z5che__
08-12-2004, 01:56 AM
ive been hooked on gt3 for awhile now too. and i just recently popped in gt2.
all i can say is damn.
these graphics suck major ass.
one thing i noticed was the difference in handling, it seemed like it wasnt realistic enough, then again, its still a video game. it took forever to break and the cars seem to just "slide" and you cant control it.
The cars are also narrower, im not sure about you people, but when i play, i look just ahead of the cars front bumper, or at the car itself, so it changed ALOT.
IMO
graphics gt3>gt2
realness gt3>gt2
fun factor gt3>gt2

kandyflip445
08-12-2004, 05:43 AM
I think the used car was the best thing about GT2. GT3 pissed me off cause you have shit for starting cars.

brianglawson
08-12-2004, 09:18 AM
gt2 simply, because of all the old skylines, like the 1st gen 1, and the old N/A silvias, and sil80's, and 180sx's, and 240zg, and 2000gt, and all the old cars, screw new i want old..... muscle cars were cool too

HyperTek
08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
yah I loved all the used cars in gt2... i loved buying the old farts and beating my friends up with r34s etc.

But I love the soundtracks to gt1 and gt2 compared to gt3. anyone know where I can get those?

Mr. Badlose
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about the car sound effects deal the other day when I popped in GT2, they're WAY better. I remember doing a licence test in GT2 with an R34 and I thought "Whoa! It sounds cool!" In GT3, all the car sound the same.

The handling in GT3 seems more realistic to me than compared to GT2. Playing with manual shifting and no traction shit is way better if some of guys don't do that. In GT2, you could get your FWD, dump the clutch, and be going fast. If you dumped the clutch @ high rpms in a RWD, you'd just spin out endlessly. Huh? That's not right.

The opponent AI in GT2 is far more annoying than in GT3, although they both could be improved A LOT. They MUST integrate damage into the game again. One of GT2's major annoyances is when you're taking a good line at good speed, and the computer just goes straight into the turn and RAMS YOU into the wall. That's bullshit. While there's a lot of bullshit ramming by computer cars in GT3, Polyphony needs to make it better!

And used cars rules. They should make it so you don't have to race on the Test Track in GT4. Its lame, it makes you have to buy a racing gearbox in most cars. Bring back car-specific manufacturer races too! It wouldn't be too hard to program in. Despite all of that critism, the series rules all other racing games, period, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

bik
08-12-2004, 10:55 AM
GT4 will own they will have all those old cars back, they say will have more cars than GT2, it have a old VW bettle O_O hehehe that will be fun to "tune up" with the increible 42hp that car had =)

i think GT3 is more fun than GT2, u cant bet the i-link feature =), the other day me and my friend hook up 6 PS2, 6 TVs, only 4 stering wheels, 2 guys play with the controller =P anyway was sooooo fun ^_^

one funny fact is my friend dont know much about cars they know about video games, they was making fun of me why i keep picking up that "horrible sentra-like car", hehehe man i keep beating up them with the old S13 silvia =)

one bad thing about GT3 is the no damage, u can hit a wall at 200km/h and nothing happens in fact u maybe get out of the corner faster than a good race line, they cange that in GT4 when u crash you get limited to 50km/h for 10 seconds and u see everithing blurry, i think is a cool feature, buuut for GT5 in the PS3 they have no scuse to make a increible collision damage on the cars ^_^

whateverjames
08-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I found my PS1 after not having a PS2 for a very long time now (it broke). I was surprised by all of the cars I missed in GT2 like the Autech four door GTR. Even though it's not a huge deal, drag racing is much more fun in GT2 because the cars can actually get traction. It's funny how in GT3, a turbo Integra Type R runs 13.1 but an N/A Prelude runs low 12's. The traction control was so much better.

theronin
08-12-2004, 07:59 PM
the one thing they did wrong with gt3 is they took out the hp limited races. that made that game so much fun. cause u actually had to know how to drive to win. couldnt just grab ur fastest rwd car and go rape the rwd races. had to have same hp as everyone else. only diff was the driver. on another note, screw collision damage... all i want is some ai. i want cars who dont follow each other. who dont let me punk them on turns and who are all trying to win, not just following a set course. thank u have a great day

sleep
08-12-2004, 10:03 PM
The limitations of PS/2 are NOT what is stopping them from putting damage in the game. It's the car manufacturers that do NOT want to see their cars officially licensed in any video game getting smashed up Polyphony has said that many times...

I doubt you all read this article but i will just link you cause i dont want to have to copy and paste all the damn seperate posts i made adding some of the amazing fucking pictures from GT4. Best looking video game EVER. Read the article thats in the first post, it made my jaw drop. Also look on ign at the older articles to learn more about the features and what not, if your not up to date.

http://www.hypeodermicstudios.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5731

Mr. Badlose
08-12-2004, 10:17 PM
The damage doesn't need to be SEEN, it just needs to make your car drive like shit. I don't know. People smashing into others and riding walls and being faster is bullshit.

doriftokouki
08-12-2004, 11:07 PM
silvia s14

that180guy
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
dudes, dont forget courses...like that uber small one, "autoland"...stupid sweet to drift in. and in gt2, its a whole lot more fun to drift in. i could chukodori lik no 2morrrow in specific courses.

and autumn ring pwned! :coold:

Chernobyl
08-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Yea "motorsports land" is the best thing about any GT game. Ever. I've done drift laps on that course for hours at times..

brokenben
08-13-2004, 03:57 AM
they have damage in sega gt (i only have x-box now) ..it doesnt show, but you havta pay for the damage caused during the race.. i like it. makes is much more realistic.. where you dont really want to slam into the wall cuz its gonna cost you money.. so you havta look for a good spot to pass.. ..but ya. i say gt2.. i like the options. gt3 had no bodykits... haha.

Mr. Badlose
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm curious on how good the online mode will be...I hope they have good classes and limiting rules. Auto Modellista has a terrible online mode. I'm getting stoked. It's going to take away my social life (what social life?) and soul!

HyperTek
08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
yah the audio effects in GT2 rocked! i remember putting my ps1 up to my stereo, and configuring the analog sticks for gas and brake, and just reving up the engine sounded sooo sweet.. the oldskool celica supra sounded soo badass

HyperTek
08-13-2004, 04:23 PM
another thing, i liked about 1 and 2, the games just felt soo "Japanese", i mean as it has more japanese cars. In gt1, i thought it was cool that the dealerships had thier own songs.. I used to have the Honda theme on my cell phone.

drewtoes
02-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Gt2 Is The Best Of The Series (all I Have To Say Is Used Cars!) Gt3 Had Good Graphics But Not Enough Cars For Me. I Cant Wait Until Gt4 It Looks Like Itll Be Awesome!

driftyour40
02-22-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm a gt2 person, yeah I rock gt3 way more, and don't even own gt2 anymore. But I loved gt2 because for the price of weight reductions and 80,000 you could turn any car into a GT spec car. That’s what I want back in gt4. So I hope gt4 its gt2 with better graphics.

Phlip
02-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Speaking of the differences noticed between GT2 and GT3 after not playing GT2 for an exhorbitantly long time, I got in one of my moods and paid 9.99 for a new copy of Gran Turismo week before last, pop it in to play and DAMN, it was crazy as the comparison to playing the original need for speed after playing NFSU2 for a solid month

Heartwork
02-22-2005, 10:49 AM
for the hardcore gamer, i honestly think GT2 was better overall.....maybe it was the huge leap from GT1 to GT2, but it did have better physics than GT3.....and it was actually tougher achieving goals in the game whereas GT3 you can blow away the competition...the only redeeming factor that GT3 had over GT2 were the amount of trophy races

I did get to play a Japanese version of GT4 and it puts GT1, 2 and 3 to shame COMBINED :D

Twinkie
02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
gt2 = WAY more cars + used car.

gt3 = better graphics...less cars

gt4 = the ultimate game. gt2 + gt3 + even btter graphics + more than 150 more cars.

Phlip
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
gt2 = WAY more cars + used car.

gt3 = better graphics...less cars

gt4 = the ultimate game. gt2 + gt3 + even btter graphics + more than 150 more cars.
... According to the box I now hold in my hand, make that 650 cars

drewtoes
02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
i read on a website that there are 700+ in gt4 cars so im thinking there will be a good load of unlockable cars in this game? hopefully hahahhah more cars mean more hours spent playing this game! btw gt2 is way better than gt3...gt3 only has good graphics thats it

Var
02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I dont care what cars are in the game..that's the least important part of it to me. The most important thing is the physics engine/quick feedback to controller inputs , then track rendering has to be very accurate including elevation changes, then the selection of tracks, then loading times, then selection of cars

pfftt..fuckin ricers.

so GT3 wins with no contest. That's why D1GP sucks and it's for ricers. YAY pro drifters endorsed it.
but it sucks.
YAY it's Taniguchi and Nomuken
but it sucks
YAY drift king is the judge

Phlip
02-23-2005, 04:04 AM
pfftt..fuckin ricers.

so GT3 wins with no contest. That's why D1GP sucks and it's for ricers. YAY pro drifters endorsed it.
but it sucks.
YAY it's Taniguchi and Nomuken
but it sucks
YAY drift king is the judge
... says the guy with the Initial D picture in his signature
(jokes)

Var
02-23-2005, 10:14 AM
dude...i can take a joke no prob, and you can laugh at me for what i'm about to say. Watching Initial D made me a better driver overall. The guys who make that show now wtf they are talking about and you can take something you watch and apply and see if it works. Although it's not 100% real it still has some good points. Just as long as you dont think a 240 is a corolla and fly off the road.