PDA

View Full Version : Good shop in NC area?

WV240sx
04-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Hey all I tried searching on google and couldn't find a recent thread on this. What's the best shop in the area now (northern SC, NC and southern Va) to have my RB25 swapped in by? I honestly just dont have the time to do it and would like it done professionally and in a decent time frame.

A lot of shops seem to have closed and others seem to have horrible reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Otto347
04-19-2015, 07:41 AM
Only shop I know of is in Raleigh. They have been around for a while but I have never had any experience with their work. Just a few parts here and there.

Phantasm in Raleigh

silviaks2nr
04-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Phantasm. Lmao. No. Learn how and Diy is the best.way

TomBec
04-19-2015, 11:42 AM
swap it yourself. harbor freight cherry picker and some metric hand tools.

or MRD in portsmouth, VA.

Chris28
04-19-2015, 07:15 PM
LOL Phantasm sucks, I'd never let them tough my car. National Speed in Wilmington NC does quality work, I recommend them.

staticstance
04-20-2015, 01:58 PM
I know the owners of National Speed and Phantasm...every shop will have good AND bad reviews. For this swap, I would personally recommend National Speed in Wilmington. NSI is NOT the cheapest shop in town, but you get what you pay for..

WV240sx
04-29-2015, 10:46 PM
I know the owners of National Speed and Phantasm...every shop will have good AND bad reviews. For this swap, I would personally recommend National Speed in Wilmington. NSI is NOT the cheapest shop in town, but you get what you pay for..

Thanks for the response. I got an email reply back from national speed but no response since then. I am going to call there tomorrow and see about a price. I am not looking for the cheapest price. I am looking for a shop that is going to do a quality job.

jaysgottaredtop
04-30-2015, 05:14 AM
I'd choose National Speed a thousand times over Phantasm.

Much better area, much nicer/cleaner shop, much more professional people, the list goes on.

onehundredoctane
04-30-2015, 07:02 AM
^What Jay said. National Speed>

If you're not interested in going that far south then you might also try B.R.E. in Concord, NC. They build and support Conrad Grunewald's Formula D Camaro.