PDA

View Full Version : Accident

DennisS
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Hey giys wondering if you could give me some feedback on a recent accident I had which has gotten me a bit paranoid.
The story goes, im sitting at an intersection waiting to take a left. I check my surroundings and in the moment it was clear to go, as i go the light is green but transitions to yellow. Im nearly out of the intersection five feet from plaza entrance when a biker out of the blue hits my rear quarter panel. I immediatly jump out to check on him and he was alright. He got up and walked it off. Sad to say his bike and my car were completly totaled. Now, im almost positive he was speeding as it was clear for me to go. He was running against the light according to a witness. He demolished my rear quarter panel, it was a very hard hit. According to another witness he tried to hit his brakes but didnt have enough time. So this guy was young and a rookie driving a ninja. I understand that left turners are usually almost always at fault. But would it really be my fault in this instance? Note im excluded off the insurance policy i was on so im very worried ��

silviasandbeer
04-15-2015, 09:49 PM
my girl was in a similar accident where she drove through a yellow and the person on the opposite side of traffic took the chance and turned left in front of her causing the accident . other party should be held at fault right? left turns are always at fault?

false. my girl was found 100% at fault. why? cause other party had farmers. and farmers are notorious for shit like that

what I'm saying is. get that witness number thats on your side, get his/her number and see if her can back up your claims. the best chance you got
remember the term "lawfully"
"i was lawfully crossing the intersection"

but if you weren't insured at the time of the accident then you are fucked.

EnemyS15
04-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Edit.... through his insurance, if he is at fault, with proof (like a police report and he received a citation), you may be able to get your stuff fixed. if they decline to cover, due to you not having insurance, you might have to take it to civil court.

chato de shamrock
04-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Bring back intersection cameras.

brndck
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM
so you were driving with no insurance? i dunno about PA, but in CA they would fuck you in the ass for this, even if the other person was 100% at fault.

Sleepiedaze
04-21-2015, 03:25 PM
lesson learned here. dont drive dirty and you wont be worried.

EveryQuarterMile
04-23-2015, 11:54 AM
To be honest with you, the accident will probably be declared your fault. Unless they can find some proof that the biker was really speeding pretty badly. Technically, you were supposed to yield, and regardless of how plausible that way it probably won't matter.

Also, a lot of times things don't work with the police handing out traffic tickets anymore. If there is room for debate then the insurance companies usually dish it out... but, without insurance, I don't know what t tell you.

Hope all goes well and I'm sorry about your car :( At least no one was hurt.

J3123MY
04-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Did you have a green arrow? If not, completely your fault. You failed to see and yield for the motorcycle which had the right of way going straight. Dumb ass biker to just crash into you though... that shit hurts. And if he was running the light, you would have been running the light too, as you were both in the intersection at the same time.

Future240
04-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Insurance adjuster here.

You are at fault, you are excluded so effectively you are uninsured. If dude has insurance his insurance will fix his bike then come after you for the money. They may or may not sue you to collect depending on state law.

brndck
04-23-2015, 02:47 PM
To be honest with you, the accident will probably be declared your fault. Unless they can find some proof that the biker was really speeding pretty badly. Technically, you were supposed to yield, and regardless of how plausible that way it probably won't matter.

Also, a lot of times things don't work with the police handing out traffic tickets anymore. If there is room for debate then the insurance companies usually dish it out... but, without insurance, I don't know what t tell you.

Hope all goes well and I'm sorry about your car :( At least no one was hurt.
wrong. if you were driving without insurance, you are 100% at fault, regardless of what caused the accident.
Did you have a green arrow? If not, completely your fault. You failed to see and yield for the motorcycle which had the right of way going straight. Dumb ass biker to just crash into you though... that shit hurts. And if he was running the light, you would have been running the light too, as you were both in the intersection at the same time.
wrong. if you were driving without insurance, you are 100% at fault, regardless of what caused the accident.
Insurance adjuster here.

You are at fault, you are excluded so effectively you are uninsured. If dude has insurance his insurance will fix his bike then come after you for the money. They may or may not sue you to collect depending on state law.
RIGHT.

EDacIouSX
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm assuming you had a circular green light not a left green arrow right? Green arrow would give you right of way, circular green no.

wth are you driving w/o insurance anyway?

jorge1190
04-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Insurance adjuster here also,

As Future said regardless of him or you not getting a ticket the insurance companies will decide Liability. Because it sounds like you had a left turn yield you will be at fault. Your insurance company will not provide coverage for his vehicle and he will have to go through his own. You need to find out what the law is in PA because his insurance company will come after you if they can and they will get their money back. Pament recovery units for insurance companies don't mess around.

EveryQuarterMile
04-23-2015, 04:17 PM

RIGHT.
This is entirely incorrect.

If you are driving without insurance it does not make you at fault just because you didn't have insurance. You may not be able to get compensation for anything other than medical bills, and you will face consequences for not having insurance, but that doesn't mean you are at fault for the accident. Laws differ from state to state, but no state automatically declares an uninsured driver at fault for any accident.

Please do your research next time before you post something like this. It simply isn't true.

brndck
04-24-2015, 09:23 AM
This is entirely incorrect.

If you are driving without insurance it does not make you at fault just because you didn't have insurance. You may not be able to get compensation for anything other than medical bills, and you will face consequences for not having insurance, but that doesn't mean you are at fault for the accident. Laws differ from state to state, but no state automatically declares an uninsured driver at fault for any accident.

Please do your research next time before you post something like this. It simply isn't true.

I've been told otherwise by police, dmv, and insurance adjusters.

Future240
04-24-2015, 09:05 PM
I've been told otherwise by police, dmv, and insurance adjusters.

It depends on state law.