PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Comeback Ever!

G_Fish240
08-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't know how many of you guys play street fighter, I do only sometimes but this vid still gave me major goose bumps

Each time you see Ken "blocking", that's actually the person (Daigo) pressing forward at just the right time during each hit of Chun Li's Super Art (a technique called Parrying). He doesn't have ANY health left, so he has to time each of those parries (like, what, 13 or so?) perfectly or he dies...he can't just block it, or else he takes guard damage and dies. Then, for the LAST one, he has to JUMP, parry for that last hit at JUST the right time, then come down and go into that combo which leads into a Super Art combo for the win.

http://media.shoryuken.com/srk-daigo.zip

pinoi007
08-08-2004, 12:28 AM
wow. unbelievable

mrmephistopheles
08-08-2004, 12:57 AM
i'm not much into fighter games, but that was some impressive work.
:bigok:

was the guy who got beat the one i see running away?

cali240sxdrifter
08-08-2004, 01:04 AM
naw, the two kids in front of the TV were playing. They look hella young too. That was pretty cool vid.

psychedelicbeats
08-08-2004, 02:35 AM
go daigo! .. freakin SF god...

Sanchi
08-09-2004, 02:03 AM
OMG that was insane!! ownage man!!

JtWo
08-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Wtf how the hell does he do all them little tech hits?!!?

the240sxer95
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
tech hits are "parryies" you do them pressing a certian button or directional key at the right time..

i suck at explaining things.. but dam daigo is awsome! my friend was in that tourny

psychedelicbeats
08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
to parry on 3rd strike(or any sf3 for that matter), u press forward when they attempt to attack. he's pressin forward everytime chunli tries to hit, causing a parry move. it takes a lot of guts to get it right. if you parry at the wrong time, you're gonna get hit. daigo basically knew how chunli's super went, so he jumped and parried to chain super with a medium kick. viva la sf3.

any 3rd strike players? or mvc2 players here?

MakotoS13
08-09-2004, 07:13 PM
that would piss me off and amaze me all at once. it'd be like getting owned by an enzo... so cold its beautiful.

TachyonS14
08-09-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm a big time mvc2 player. I think it's the best fighting game to date.

anthony240
08-09-2004, 07:48 PM
it seems the chun li player wasn't good from the beginning...from looking at the life bars where the vid started, the ken player was probably really reserved, using defense. this impression i got when the announcer said it was a rare sight to see daigo angry and on the attack, meaning he was probably doing defense the whole fight. and chun li fighters are cheap anyway, you can't get the jump on them because their hard kick points upward, perfect for an aerial counter. ken users (like me somtimes) like to dive on their opponents with a hit, a couple more, then maybe a fireball or uppercut.

now, the only time ken got hit in the video was when he was trying to get close, and chun li and ken attacked at the same time. then after this, chun li should just gone for the kill, like a fireball, which is what looked like was gonna happen, but the player seemed like he was getting nervous and couldn't get it right (notice the wild punches in the air, chun li's fireball is not as simple as down-forward-punch, i forget what it is. so he settles for the super move, actually a safe atlernative, since even if ken blocks, he still takes damage.

so at this point i thought the game was over.. NOT! totally unexpected to see all those parries! especially the aerial parry! which ultimately gave the win to daigo, the aerial parry left chun li wide open for an attack/combo, then the super combo! very nice. I would've just jumped over chun li (a proven counter to that supermove) but would still have to think about how to kill her with my life down to almost zero. this guy daigo proves the best theory in all of sports: defense wins championships.

thanks for reading! I haven't played SF in a while, my whole life was surrounded by that game.

aznpoopy
08-10-2004, 12:08 PM
mvc2 is fun as hell but sucks for tourney play... that game is so unbalanced. i used to play tekken tag, tekken 4 and cvs2 in tourneys.