PDA

View Full Version : Super Dorifters....

TRUENOCOUPE
08-06-2004, 04:41 PM
OK, this is what happened.
We were doing the run as we usually do. It was a really good night. Peter was driving his hachi, and I was riding along. Other friend was chasing in a 95 accord coupe. Peter was in a good mode, and really started going fast.

20 valve 4ag, 3rd gear, at 5k rpms...

Then, we hit a S turn that switched quickly, and his rear end decided to come around. It was weird and so progressive, I just kind of relaxed and waited it out. We ended up sideways slamming against a cement barrier after sliding for about 50 ft. His hachi was completely totalled, and luckily, nobody got too hurt. Check out the pics. Time to get another chassis, and swap everything over. Then we'll be out there again.

Stay away from the touge kiddies. (Leave it for us idiots) ...unless you want a splitting headache! :o :)

This is the hachi before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0625.jpg
Here's the accord. Mmmmmm.... Mugen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0626.jpg
The crash
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0604.jpg
FUBAR!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0603.jpg
half of steering rack was on the ground. passenger side strut tower was pushed against ITBs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0601.jpg
BLOOD!! (I'm not fuckin riding anymore.) fuckin head still hurts! :owned:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/mechaniac/Picture_0605.jpg

Sorry for jacking the thread, but we didn't go to this thread's meet. We were out just driving like we always do.

did I mention I'm not riding with Peter anymore?
8O

Damn those Ears didnt save him.

Ritz S14
08-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Damn hope everyone was alright and didn't get seriously hurt..
Yeah..Fcuked Up Beyond All Recognition =/

CustomS14A
08-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Well sorry to see a car like that but it is fixable well i mean by buying another car, also thats a nice road ,nice and paved not like the rock covered roads i see.

nokeone
08-06-2004, 05:25 PM
yeah sucky...it was a nice car....oh wells..such is the nature of the Touge...

thx247
08-06-2004, 05:54 PM
wearing of the helmet is not something anyone considered? Its not like your going to fool a cop who sees your ass drifting at 1am.

MakotoS13
08-06-2004, 06:04 PM
wearing of the helmet is not something anyone considered? Its not like your going to fool a cop who sees your ass drifting at 1am.

nah man, that's only necessary on a race track. this is on a public road so it HAS to be more controlled than a race track so we don't need helmets cause apparently we don't have brains to protect :)

nokeone
08-06-2004, 06:05 PM

hahah..a helmet for street drift / touge??...you're kidding right??...the loss of visibility in a helmet is severe..you know this man from personal experience..using one when not on a controlled track, where you don't need to constantly look left and right and behind you, is not smart...

now if you're thinking of just for the passenger...maybe..

nokeone
08-06-2004, 06:07 PM
nah man, that's only necessary on a race track. this is on a public road so it HAS to be more controlled than a race track so we don't need helmets cause apparently we don't have brains to protect :)

you're a bright one too..lol..

exitspeed
08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Oh oh does he wanna sell his Watanabe's?????

that180guy
08-06-2004, 06:38 PM
yeah sucky...it was a nice car....oh wells..such is the nature of the Touge...

:werd:
its not too bad...the cars not "completely" destroyed
sad tho....that hachi is clean as fuck, ive never seen a cleaner "gt-s twincam16" sticker!

mrmephistopheles
08-06-2004, 06:59 PM
probably the nicest looking auto GT-S i've seen. too bad it got fucked up. I wonder if it was due ot inexperience on the part of the driver (who didn't apparently know what countersteering is)

d r i f t swift
08-06-2004, 07:14 PM
holy shit peters car looks good in PICTURES

TodaAE86
08-06-2004, 07:56 PM
::BoroDRFT:: Although this isnt my name, I decided to post under peters because Im too lazy to make a new one. AND it wasnt due to inexperience because Peter is experienced and that is his almost every day touge spot. The reason it happened because it was an S-Turn and in the middle of a turn he hit a bump in the road(pot hole?) causing him to lose response from the front tires and making him spin. Although the Corolla is totaled it isnt a big lost really. We already have another one lined up and were gonna swap the parts over to it as soon as we pick it up. Engine wasnt damaged, radiator just bent in a little from the side(no leaks) 2 Konig Rewinds broken, 2 still good. We'll be parting the car out as soon as we finish swapping things over.

TheTimanator
08-06-2004, 08:14 PM
2 Konig Rewinds broken, 2 still good. We'll be parting the car out as soon as we finish swapping things over.
what?!?!? those are Konigs? :rant:
haha....
but serioulsy, that sucks. I'm always afraid of messing up my car when I do stupid stuff like that. Good luck with the next car... Keep it safe!
Isn't Nightwalker on this board?

MakotoS13
08-06-2004, 09:20 PM
::BoroDRFT:: Although this isnt my name, I decided to post under peters because Im too lazy to make a new one. AND it wasnt due to inexperience because Peter is experienced and that is his almost every day touge spot.

that's all well and good but if you were on a track that wouldn't have happened because there wouldn't have been a pothole to hit. thus, he is subject to be called inexperienced for either rotten luck or the inability to control himself or his car.

a tough break is still a break.

nokeone
08-06-2004, 09:33 PM
that's all well and good but if you were on a track that wouldn't have happened because there wouldn't have been a pothole to hit. thus, he is subject to be called inexperienced for either rotten luck or the inability to control himself or his car.

a tough break is still a break.

ok, at first i thought you were just jumping on someone elses clowning...figured you'd get in a few snide remarks of your own...

but now..wow, look at this..original thoughts...

too bad they're still shit for brained...shut up already...

what, there are no dips, ditches, holes, berms, dirt, rocks, mishaps on a track???..no walls to hit either i assume...:jerkit:

don't turn this into a "keep it on the track vs. street drifting is ok" thread...

citizen
08-06-2004, 10:39 PM
one time my friends and i were rolling in my car looking HELLSA mean, cuz we were all raced out with helmets, bumping SUPER HOT EURO techno. anyways we rolled up next to this car cuz there was some hot babes in it. being the super BADASS that i am i revved the engine to REDLINE, HARD. of course what happened next is a natural occurance when chicks hear my WHIP'S BEASTIAL stock FURY, but before i digress further into descriptions of my car's awesomeimity... THEY RELEASED THE CHESS HOUNDS for our viewing pleasure! or so i was told. the fucking lame ass helmet limited my vision and i couldn't see the naked flesh glistening from the light of my LED washer nozzles. HELMETS ARE LAME FOR THE [email protected]! SAFETY OR BOOBS YOU CHOOSE ONE!

(true story except for the led washer nozzle part, roofles~)

thx247
08-06-2004, 11:28 PM
hahah..a helmet for street drift / touge??...you're kidding right??...the loss of visibility in a helmet is severe..you know this man from personal experience..using one when not on a controlled track, where you don't need to constantly look left and right and behind you, is not smart...

now if you're thinking of just for the passenger...maybe..

Yeh a helmet does restrict your vision a little, but I guess I don't agree with you that it isn't worthwhile. Besides the whole keep it on the track thing vs street shenanigans argument, plenty of wheel to wheel racers get by with helmets in much more fluid environments than any one of us driving on the street ever had to deal with.

I just think its foolish considering the amount of things that can go wrong while driving on the street that we don't have control over.

On a slightly related note, I just worked out what it cost me to drive on the track vs my getting busted for street racing....I've been driving since last September each month at the track and I've only spent half of what it cost me for my street racing ticket.

I heard you moved to LA or something. When are you going to come out again? Buttonwillow is closer to LA than it is SC isnt it?:bigok:

TodaAE86
08-06-2004, 11:42 PM
hey guys, this is peter and yeah that is my totaled gts, it doesnt matter if im inexperienced or experienced, people make mistakes all the time, and this car wasnt built to just be looked at. i think only inexperienced people will make smart remarks. yeah i admit im not good, but we all need to grow somewhere. i just take this as a well lesson learned. but it doesnt mean i will stop touge, ok now let me tell you guys how it happened. i took that S turn at about 75, i hit a big dip when i was hugging a left turn. My back tires hopped off the ground, as soon as my rear end landed, i was already sliding. Soo the first thing that popped in my head was, ok off throttle to let my rear grip, then on throttle and counter steer to catch that right turn(hachi open dif drivers should know what im talking about). so i let off the throttle and the rear end caught, and got on the throttle again, but the road was to narrow, and i didnt have enough room, my driver side rear tire hit the curb and swung me the other way causing me to spin almost 180 before i hit the wall, i didnt see that curb at all, the way the car was sliding it was impossible to recover, the passenger side door was going strait for the wall and i did my best to let the front end hit the wall rather than the passenger side door. you guys are right it was a drivers mistake.and for the guys flaming it just goes to show that you are probrably inexperienced, or scared to hurt your car, or you are a narrow minded person who think that you are better than everyone else, ill just end up building another gts/sr-5, whatever i can get my hands on and be out driving again.

and for my closing comment, you can call my actions inexperienced, but what i did, was not to save my car. BUT to save mine and my friends life.

Sil Beer S13
08-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh man Truenocoupe haha you putting it everywhere.

MakotoS13
08-07-2004, 12:19 AM
too bad they're still shit for brained...shut up already...

sure is too bad ya can't seem to comprehend what i wrote, genius.

nightwalker
08-07-2004, 01:14 AM
I think Al (aka TruenoCoupe) likes the cock

sr20pwrdSiLvIa
08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Nice Corolla, well it was..........
:tweak: :tweak: :tweak:

thx247
08-07-2004, 06:58 PM
AL = pwnd.

Burmonster
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
AL = pwnd.

yup

nokeone
08-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeh a helmet does restrict your vision a little, but I guess I don't agree with you that it isn't worthwhile. Besides the whole keep it on the track thing vs street shenanigans argument, plenty of wheel to wheel racers get by with helmets in much more fluid environments than any one of us driving on the street ever had to deal with.

I just think its foolish considering the amount of things that can go wrong while driving on the street that we don't have control over.

On a slightly related note, I just worked out what it cost me to drive on the track vs my getting busted for street racing....I've been driving since last September each month at the track and I've only spent half of what it cost me for my street racing ticket.

I heard you moved to LA or something. When are you going to come out again? Buttonwillow is closer to LA than it is SC isnt it?:bigok:

yes yes...good points...i still say, even in wheel to wheel racing with constantly changing invironments like you refered to there is still a difference between what you need to pay attention to...just as far as fluke things like animals running out...a car coming out of a blind driveway...oncoming traffic...i think it's just different..and i know i would, and did when i drove on the street with a helmet, feel uncomfortable doing it...i know you might say these are the very reasons you SHOULD wear a helmet though..lol

but yes i am happy to agree to disagree on this one..:)..lol..

yeah i got a drifting ticket once too..."unsafe turn" he called it...cost me more then an event and 2 spare tires to drift on..lol..

yeah i am in LA now...just under 2 hours from B-Willow..so about an hour closer then SC was...i was actually there yesterday for Just Drift (fuckin choked int he competition rounds though)...you'll be seeing much more of me soon...Al's and your events are still the best i've been to as far as drive time vs. cost...:D

thx247
08-09-2004, 01:42 AM
unsafe turn! Thats what I've been calling it for as long as I can remember!

;)

nightwalker
08-10-2004, 04:42 PM
whoa!!!!!!

TRUENOCOUPE
08-10-2004, 04:47 PM
[email protected]#[email protected] ahhahahhahaahah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/truencoupe/Funny%20Pictures/Idiot.jpg

balmo
08-10-2004, 07:29 PM
ouch! too bad the corolla is gone

nightwalker
08-11-2004, 02:49 AM
you REALLY owned me. I give up :faint: :ghey:

old_s13
08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
drifting is such a manly sport, especially when people do it on the streets late at night in the mountains and call it by its JDM_codename, touge. its so manly because you can risk death, you can get in an accident and die.. but if you're good, you'll know how to bust a takumi counter attack last minute to prevent death and just get out with a scratch and some blood.

yawn

sykikchimp
08-13-2004, 10:16 AM
you know they make helmets with wide eyeports.. and open face helmets offer almost no reduction in visibility.

nokeone
08-13-2004, 12:37 PM
you know they make helmets with wide eyeports.. and open face helmets offer almost no reduction in visibility.

yeah i tried, i think it was, the Bell M3 which has wider eye ports..negligable difference imo...

and open face..i know fashion should not come into play on something like helmets when talking safety buuuuut i just hate the way those look...lol...guess i'm :ghey:..haha

Var
08-13-2004, 12:42 PM
I used my Arai RX7RR3 motorcycle helmet for the touge. Doesnt hurt visibility any more than my roll cage. DEFINITELY worthwhile. I actually felt more comfortable cause there was less noise. Next time i'm gonna try ear plugs. I like to ignore tire noise.

sykikchimp
08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
and open face..i know fashion should not come into play on something like helmets when talking safety buuuuut i just hate the way those look...lol...guess i'm :ghey:..haha

haha.. then I'm :ghey: too, cause they are hideous..

Motorcycle helmets are all built with extra wide eyeports for exactly this reason...

HyperTek
08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
reason i can see using teh term Touge, is becuase usually we tend to think "winding mountain road driving" when you hear touge... instead of just saying "winding mountain road driving".

G_Fish240
08-13-2004, 03:41 PM
nightwalker do you and Truenocoupe get along in real life and just play around online because on everyboard I go to that you guys are at you are always arguing? Its funny though

nokeone
08-13-2004, 03:45 PM
haha.. then I'm :ghey: too, cause they are hideous..

Motorcycle helmets are all built with extra wide eyeports for exactly this reason...

ok...now that's a good point..and one i had overlooked...

MakotoS13
08-14-2004, 02:58 PM
they're cheaper too. this one is pretty darn pimp and like 200 bones!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=8243&department=101&division=1

nokeone
08-14-2004, 08:56 PM
yeah...but a some events wont let you run with M certified helmets...they require SA...weaksauce....

KA24DESOneThree
08-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Soo the first thing that popped in my head was, ok off throttle to let my rear grip

Dude... weight transfer 101 says the first thing that popped into your head was wrong. When in an already oversteering situation, why transfer weight to the FRONT of the car?