PDA

View Full Version : Anybody autox with an automatic?

AKA Ryan
08-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Of course it's on my to-do list, but it was going to be later. But with some of the money for my suspension I'm planning on going ahead and getting stuff like a helmet, upgraded or new tc rods (for the hell of it), new ignition stuff, ect. that will still keep me in GS.

I've read that most people stay in second most of the time so should I wait till after my swap or just say "what the hell" and race with an auto? Any opinions?

balmo
08-03-2004, 09:29 AM
i saw an s14 at the autocross last sun. and it was an auto. i saw some cars out there that were auto. dont let it hinder you if you really want to try it out.

LanceS13
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Automatics suck...but seat time in a sucky car is better than no seat time at all. I say "what the hell".

thelinja
08-03-2004, 02:03 PM
There was a guy with a base model S14 with an auto at one of the Indy region events last spring, he did pretty well for his first time out and had a lot of fun. He asked me how I would approach it and I told him to leave it in the lower gear.

SirWarrior
08-03-2004, 02:52 PM
After seeing 2 mobile homes drag race eachother, AutoXing an automatic doesnt seem like all that crazy idea.
I say go for it, have fun, and dont let the auto stop you from enjoying yourself.

kandyflip445
08-03-2004, 04:04 PM
After seeing 2 mobile homes drag race eachother,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SirWarrior
08-03-2004, 04:18 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You have no idea!!!!!!!!

Ghettokracker71
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I do,I went to this outdoor event to watch tractor drag racing,and SEMI drag racing; Yes,tractor trailers. Guy had a ride-on lawn mower,one of those small ones with a Yamaha 750CC motorcycle engine/trans on it :eek:

AKA Ryan- Why not? Whats to stop you? Have fun,enjoy yourself and if you suck then you can use the excuse of "well its a damn auto",lol kiddin with yah

OptionZero
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I went in an auto S14, i do not see a problem. My friend in an s14 did not even shift throughout the course, so I don't see how its a big deal. i just left it in 2nd gear the whole time, i doubt you'll break 60mph anyways on an Auto X, at least mine isn't that fast.

TurDz
08-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I went in an auto S14, i do not see a problem. My friend in an s14 did not even shift throughout the course, so I don't see how its a big deal. i just left it in 2nd gear the whole time, i doubt you'll break 60mph anyways on an Auto X, at least mine isn't that fast.

Yeah, most auto-x tracks keep you in 2nd, whether in auto or manual.

Anyway, I'm that friend optionzero is talkin about, lol. For his first time, I was really surprised, especially with an auto. He was breaking the rear loose and everything...Jon I think if u did less of that, your times would improve even more hahah.

see u sunday ;)

i-love-my-s14
08-05-2004, 07:10 AM
my s14 was auto and i still finished towards the top, its not bad just leave it in second and go for it.