PDA

View Full Version : spark to ignition coil nothing past cap s13 ka24de

1Badhatch
02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Long story short car use to run awesome the other day on my way home a bypass hose exploded causing car to overheat I was so close that I got it home without doing damage.

My wiring harness is butchered to hell egi pump relay is isolated and taped up because I had intermittent power to the fuel pump fixed that issue

Started the car I hear it prime getting the proper voltage on the ignition coil and the fuel pump but the spark is not making past the cap so I bought new cap and rotor still not making it past the cap I'm stumped ideas anyone

Techguy
03-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Well you said your harness was butchered. So there's a thought. See even though you have voltage to the coil, the coil isn't going to fire until the ECU grounds it out and tells it to. I would check the wiring from the coil to the ecu, an easy way to do this is to find out what pin on the ecu fires the coil, and run a new length of wire to the coil. Consult the FSM to find which pin and wire on the coil it is. But if you have 12V to the coil, it doesn't sound like it's being discharged.