PDA

View Full Version : pic request: JDM S14 Kouki w/ Zenki side skirts & rear valences

TurDz
07-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I know it's an odd pairing, with a JDM kouki rear bumper and the rear Zenki valences (the square pieces) but I thought I'd give it a try. Anyone have a pic?

thanks

Johny5
07-30-2004, 06:18 AM
i'm sorry i have no pic to back up my case, but here it goes...

i've seen a pic of what youre talking about. however, it has the kouki front aero addition on the front bumper giving the sides of the bumper just in front of the front wheels a very flat look (not the typical lip out like the jdm kouki bumper) then the flat look on the zenki skirts flows with it and blah blah blah,

LIGERS!

EDIT* ok sorry i just re-read your post and posted the wrong thing but i'm not changing my original post so :ughd: that combo you just spoke of however, should not see the light of day, ever. go kouki aero or go zenki in the rear, don't mix and match.

TurDz
07-30-2004, 06:28 AM
go kouki aero or go zenki in the rear, don't mix and match.

that's a vague statement. We all know that the Zenki sides fit with the Zenki AND Kouki rear. they both flow well since they have that step. I'm just curious how the rear would look with a JDM Kouki bumper and Zenki rears. Since we all known the Zenki rears don't go past the rear fender/quarter panel, well, yeah I hope you get my point.

Johny5
07-30-2004, 09:17 AM
it would look wierd still because the lip on the kouki bumper. i hated that lip from the side, it looks gawdy. i don't see it being complete without something flowing right into that lip and making the lip kinda "form" into the body (i.e. kouki valences) just get the kouki valences, your car looks so nice with all jdm kouki aero, finish it off right.

*edit (another) in response to your response, i meant go kouki aero all in the rear or zenki aero all in the rear. both rear valences work with se skirts or zenki skirts, you were right about that.

SimpleS14
07-30-2004, 09:34 PM
hmm....I only have pics of zenki rears and sides on....well...a zenki :)

Every Kouki I see has the Kouki rear valence along with the Zenki sides. IMO...the STOCK JDM kouki bumper WITHOUT the front lip looks odd with the zenki sides and kouki rear valence.

If your going to get Zenki sides....it would be wise to get a bumper that hangs low and "flows" with the Zenki sides....basically an aftermarket bumper.

Here is a pic of the zenki sides with JDM bumper (no lip)...
http://user1.matsumoto.ne.jp/~tomotan/silvia14021.jpg

Here is a pic of the zenki sides, kouki rear valence and Yashio Factory front bumper..
http://user1.matsumoto.ne.jp/~tomotan/silvia14012.jpg

OptionZero
07-30-2004, 11:00 PM
the JDM kouki bumper w/ aero lip flows tons better
The zenki rears are round, but the kouki bumper has a sharp rear lip....wouldn't flow in my humble opinion

kouki sides, zenki rear, kouki front

or

200sx z-edition rear, kouki side, kouki front w/ aero lip like me! buahaha

the240sxer95
07-30-2004, 11:27 PM
watn a pix? IM me at sonnynhoung

Johny5
07-31-2004, 06:27 AM
95koukis14, you might have just convinced me to swap from se skirts to zenki skirts, hmmmmmmm.

TurDz
07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
95koukis14, you might have just convinced me to swap from se skirts to zenki skirts, hmmmmmmm.

I think it's happening to a lot of people. Kouki sides aren't going for too much anymore.

the240sxer95
07-31-2004, 01:47 PM
haah imto lazy to post the pix i got, owell..

i am selling my OEM stuff btw, imma go aftermarket

SimpleS14
07-31-2004, 03:00 PM
I think it's happening to a lot of people. Kouki sides aren't going for too much anymore.

true, but I've decided to keep my Kouki sides since I'm just a rear bumper and turn signals away from having that JDM stock look. :ughd: I would have gotten the Zenki sides...but right now...I can't see myself spending more money on sides and spending more money on the front bumper (lip or aftermarket). The stock look should be good enough for me. :)

TurDz
07-31-2004, 11:49 PM
kouki sides flow soooo nicely with the jdm front bumper it's insane. too bad you dont have a white car. i have a jdm kouki rear for sale... ;P

Johny5
08-01-2004, 07:38 AM
kouki sides flow soooo nicely with the jdm front bumper it's insane. too bad you dont have a white car. i have a jdm kouki rear for sale... ;P

wait until you put on the aero nissan lip addition, it won't flow right. it makes the bumper real up/down and straight, no lip sticking out at the bottom. therefore, zenki sides are teh hotness. but fucka alla deees bodyverk, i'm getting wheels first ...