PDA

View Full Version : Tips on turbo

240sx_Dylan
02-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,
so i just bought an isis rs3871 turbo, fiveO 750cc injectors, z32 MAF, and a enthalapy tune for my sr20det.
current mods
.FMIC
.CAI
.Greddy BOV
.Walbro 255 fuel pump
.Megan exhaust manifold
.Isis intake manifold
.3" turbo back exhaust
.Tomei metal headgasket

but anyways this is my first time installing injectors and a turbo, so im wondering if any of you maybe had any helpful tips on installing thse.
oh and how do i prime a turbo?

angel mkiv
02-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Just lube the injector o-rings when installing them on the rail..other then that pop out the old and pop in the new.as for the turbo there wasn't a instruction manual? On my Garrett turbo I put oil in it before installing and spun the compressor wheel to work it in.then once everything is installed disconnect fuel/ignition and build oil pressure cranking for a couple seconds.

240sx_Dylan
02-04-2015, 08:19 PM
alright the injectors seem simple enough, as for the turbo its supposed to be here next week sometime so im not sure on the instructions. Also (newb here) but how do i disconnect the fuel/ignition?

seagrasser
02-04-2015, 11:01 PM
pull fuel pump fuse and disconnect sparkplug harness

Croustibat
02-05-2015, 07:08 AM
instructions:

bin the turbo, buy a proper one, bin the random tune, get a custom tune.

Reliability comes at a price, and it is not what you paid for.

angel mkiv
02-05-2015, 11:02 PM
I beleive disconnecting the cas plug will do the trick but simply disconnecting the coilpack harness and the 4 fuel injectors will do the same as well

240sx_Dylan
02-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys, and croustibat it was either buy a Garrett t28 or buy a Isis 3871, 750cc injectors, z32 MAF, and a tune. Eventually I will get a Garrett but for the time being ill run the Isis and iv heard nothing but good about them. So my injectors came in the other day, now I'm just waiting on my turbo, MAF, and my Ecu back from enjuku. I also plan on painting my dirty a** engine bay as well while iv got a lot of things out of there. I also plan on putting in my coilovers, and welding the diff possibly. I took my vacation at work so I have time to not f anything up and do it all right.

ultimateirving
02-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Priming turbo is easy plenty of how tos online. Injectors can be a pain to remove but are easier to install with a little lube. Make sure all your couples and intake pipes fit, the new turbo will have a larger inlet and it will be plumbed differently

Javi802
02-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Just pull your fuel pump fuse and turn the engine over a couple of times. That'll get oil going through the turbo