PDA

View Full Version : Help !! ka24de rpm limit then bogs and stall

iLagX
01-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Having issue with my 240sx
Car runs great for about 15 mins then it starts bogging out and limit rpm.
Then slowly 4k,3k,2k and 1k rpm after that shuts off.
Brand new wiring harness
Brand new water pump
New engine coolant temp
New dizzy
New maf
New injectors and frp
New z32 fuel filter
New fuel pump
Swapped ecu still the same issue.
New ignition coil
New o2 sensor
New dizzy cap and rotors
Thermostats removed
Runs good after I let it sit and cool off.

Temperature is normal.
If it's overheating I would have a blown head gasket. Milky oil
like I said it runs good if I keep it around low rpm I can drive around 8 miles.
If I high rev 15 to 20 mins.
It goes in limp mode

Ilya
01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
ECU Codes should be the #1 thing to check. All your new parts are kind of useless without telling us what the ECU is saying. Plus with all those parts being new, its like solving a 15th order polynomial equation.

Sounds like you replaced the engine coolant but not the temp sensor to the ECU. That would be the first thing to try....AFTER THE ECU CODES!

iLagX
02-01-2015, 07:15 PM
I've replaced the engine coolant temp sensor connected to the intake manifold. still having the same ossue. I dont have any check engine lights

hilonggua
02-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Plus with all those parts being new, its like solving a 15th order polynomial equation.http://goo.gl/lNMXr8

iLagX
02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
anyone? ????????

robinsone
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Have you checked the air idle control valve. I always suspect those as they can appear to throw people off. If you haven't cleaned it in awhile or ever usually they can get clogged and cause a problem similar to yours. You can check the IACV sensor easy, but best thing to do is pop it off and clean it, might as well clean the throttle body while you're at it. I've also known people to have a dirty IACV and bad MAF which have caused wacky problems, clean everything with the proper agents and see if that works.

iLagX
02-02-2015, 11:25 PM
will it cause the intake manifold to get really hot?
i clean the throttle body before never the IACV.
I heard its alot of work. Should i just take it to a shop?
i have no idle issue whatsoever.

jedi03
02-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Sounds like my single cam that had a bad head gasket...you said milky oil? That sounds bad to me...how's your coolant too?