PDA

View Full Version : UPS Lost my item

laurentj23
01-09-2015, 06:14 AM
I've ordered some car parts from speedwaymotorsports.com and paid using paypal. The UPS delivered the item and placed it on my porch, and the tracking # showed the package as being delivered on the 24th. When I got back on the 26th, I didn't see any package at all. I checked the whole area and couldn't locate any package. I contacted speedway about the missing item , and UPS told them that it's going to take 8 or more days to do the investigation:picardfp: .If they've lost my item, what can I do? I know paypal won't help since they have the tracking # and everything. Have any of you experienced this before?

angel mkiv
01-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Maybe it was stolen.that has been happening alot more lately.people follow the delivery trucks and pick up packages that they leave..next time make sure they require a signature before delivering..

thegr8one013
01-09-2015, 01:42 PM
i had the same thing happen to me. ups will "do an investigation" and then tell you they are not responsible for it because you didnt insure the package.

Sumslapper
01-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Hope it was insured. Not sure if UPS will do anything if the shop did not require a signature to be dropped off. This is why every time I ship I require a direct signature, no exceptions.

DHL managed to "lose" a front bumper I bought and I had to contact the seller to file the dispute.

laurentj23
01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
i had the same thing happen to me. ups will "do an investigation" and then tell you they are not responsible for it because you didnt insure the package.

So in the end its all up to the seller?

iRONDONkey
01-09-2015, 03:13 PM
So in the end its all up to the seller?

pretty much

if there is insurance, then the OP is good, and can film a claim.

if not, it's going to be a tough one.

drift freaq
01-09-2015, 07:29 PM
UPS kinda sucks. If the seller did not mark signature required then indeed they will just drop it at your door. Priority Mail also drops stuff but for some reason the way they handle it it's rare that a package gets stolen . I had one time years ago where a guy who knew people were stealing packages and mail from his door did not tell us. Indeed what I shipped to hi got stolen. Had he informed me I would have taken extra precautions. I did give him a discount on some items to make up for it.
I actually prefer Priority mail over UPS in a lot of cases. I also use Fedex who is really picky about not leaving stuff. Unless your mark no signature required it goes with needing a signature.
That said whenever I have someone ship me UPS it's always signature required .

nujabe
01-12-2015, 04:17 PM
few years ago frs sport shipped me 500 dollar split fire coil packs some douche bags stole them off the door step.. so i called ups put in my request they sided with me paid me the money back and got my coil packs.. took 2 and half weeks and few calls but i did get the money back.

angel mkiv
01-12-2015, 05:52 PM
few years ago frs sport shipped me 500 dollar split fire coil packs some douche bags stole them off the door step.. so i called ups put in my request they sided with me paid me the money back and got my coil packs.. took 2 and half weeks and few calls but i did get the money back.

Did you have it insured through ups?

!Zar!
01-12-2015, 10:33 PM
1. Contact the shipper and have them check to see if the package was delivered to the correct address.

2. Have the shipper contact UPS and open an investigation. UPS has GPS in their scanners, so they will be able to see where the package was scanned and left.

3a. If you are impatient with waiting, you can call your credit card company and file a chargeback.

3b. If you are impatient with waiting, you can open a paypal case. 9/10 paypal sides with the buyer, and not the seller.

Signature required means nothing. Anyone can sign, and anyone can claim it isn't their signature. Only time it helps somewhat is for PayPal's buyer protection and the item is valued over $700.

The recipient is not the one who opens the case for a missing package. That is left to the shipper to handle.

It doesn't matter how much the shipper insured the package for. If they undervalued the package in order to save a few bucks on shipping, that is their problem. Not yours.

As long as you file a dispute, then you will get back what you paid.

Overall, it sounds like you've been going about the process correctly.

Just be patient and wait to see what the outcome is. If the seller/shipper tries to make you the one who loses out because of the lost package, THEN you file a claim.

HyperTek
01-13-2015, 12:56 PM
i live in a gated house, typically they toss stuff over the fence, but rare occasion they leave shit outside the gate.. luckily nothing stolen so far.. but i got some parts coming in today and i gotta leave.. hopefully they can toss over fence (sway bars)

!Zar!
01-13-2015, 02:52 PM
It's best to have the special instructions written on the shipping label, or at least leave a note for the parcel carrier, so they know what to do in case dropping the package off at a location is up to their discretion.

seesquared
01-18-2015, 08:45 PM
I work for UPS as a driver.

Call UPS and let them do their thing. Let me give you (and the others) some advice. Coming from a car guy, as well as a UPS driver, and someone who regularly receives packages from both UPS and Fedex

When you call the 800 number, for the love of God, try your hardest to be polite and patient. They literally receive so many calls and Ive heard sometimes they(rep on the phone) arent very friendly. Keep in mind we move millions of packages a day and we arent perfect. We also get a lot of BS calls.

Whether or not the shipper requires a signature or not, you can call and change the status of the package. If you do not want it released without signature, let UPS know. But just know if UPS does an investigation, and they deem that area unsuitable for a package release, EVERYTHING from then on out would require a signature.

To say the signature doesn't mean anything is naive. If a driver does his job properly, they would use discretion in that situation. For example, if a customer approaches me about a package for their house and we arent at their house (say they saw me at a business up the street), I would require that person to provide me picture ID with proof of residency. Which brings me to my next point....

My man said UPS sucks but Fedex is picky about where they release. That couldnt be any farther from the truth. Is every UPS driver a Saint? No. Same goes for Fedex. There are bad apples in both companies. Am I sticking up for the bad UPS drivers. Heck no if they are not doing their jobs, they should be reprimanded accordingly. Fedex is just as trust worthy. I have had numerous parts delivered by both without incident.

If possible, try to get to know your UPS guy at work and home. A lot of customers have my number in case they need something. Calling him/her for a simple request works light years better than going through the channels that go right back to them

Also, every time I hear on here about someone's package getting damaged or lost I cringe. I really do. Because I know a lot of times there were things I would have or could have done to prevent it. It makes me wish I could be everyone's driver. One time I had 4 boxes on my truck that I could have released at the door. I decided not to. They were a custom set of Work wheels. I left a notice with my cell number on it. The guy called me 3 hours later, met me, signed for them and thanked me for not leaving a $3000 package unattended. It was really no sweat. Unfortunately, we cant always tell whats in a package and what its worth is

Like I said, we arent perfect. But at least in my area, we are good. Damn good. It's no secret we get paid decent, and at least for me, I take my job pretty serious and have no problem going out of my way for a customer.

Let me know if I can help out anymore or give any tips.

drift freaq
01-18-2015, 09:13 PM
I work for UPS as a driver.

Call UPS and let them do their thing. Let me give you (and the others) some advice. Coming from a car guy, as well as a UPS driver, and someone who regularly receives packages from both UPS and Fedex

When you call the 800 number, for the love of God, try your hardest to be polite and patient. They literally receive so many calls and Ive heard sometimes they(rep on the phone) arent very friendly. Keep in mind we move millions of packages a day and we arent perfect. We also get a lot of BS calls.

Whether or not the shipper requires a signature or not, you can call and change the status of the package. If you do not want it released without signature, let UPS know. But just know if UPS does an investigation, and they deem that area unsuitable for a package release, EVERYTHING from then on out would require a signature.

To say the signature doesn't mean anything is naive. If a driver does his job properly, they would use discretion in that situation. For example, if a customer approaches me about a package for their house and we arent at their house (say they saw me at a business up the street), I would require that person to provide me picture ID with proof of residency. Which brings me to my next point....

My man said UPS sucks but Fedex is picky about where they release. That couldnt be any farther from the truth. Is every UPS driver a Saint? No. Same goes for Fedex. There are bad apples in both companies. Am I sticking up for the bad UPS drivers. Heck no if they are not doing their jobs, they should be reprimanded accordingly. Fedex is just as trust worthy. I have had numerous parts delivered by both without incident.
Blah blah blah shit deleted.......

First off I am not your man. lol second off UPS does suck. If you have to try and stick up for problems you know about then you are admitting they suck.

Oh and you informing the OP and people here they change the status of a package is cool but fails as well.
The average Joe relcieving a package will not know this and it's not something that UPS makes people aware of on the receiving end.

The OP's package got left because no one put signature required. Telling him after the fact does him no good now. It's kinda like wow thanks . NOT! It's been taken by someone. Does that suck ya. Will UPS most likely refuse a claim? Yes because they have it recorded as package delivered. They will put the burden on the shipper or the reciever.
I have dealt with UPS claims and had both good and bad experiences with them. I honestly have never had to file a FedEx claim.

I should also say Fedex sucks as well and yes it's on the delivery side, mostly FedEx home but they are getting better.
Now mister defensive UPS driver I have been shipping packages since the 80's . Yup I am an old fart. lol Though you would not be able to tell if you saw me. lol
I have known people who worked for UPS . I know about the whack conveyor system in the distribution hubs that drop heavy packages on light packages. I know about the football tosses of mid to light weight packages. First hand accounts from UPS employees.

Anything you say is not going to take those facts away. It is a fact at least here in California that now if a person does not mark for delivery signature the package will get left.

It used to be automatic that all packages needed a signature to be released.

I was not even trying to call out the drivers, mr defensive. I was calling out their system and its abuses . Those are facts and UPS does kinda suck for them.

Now just get over it and move along as you are taking this pretty personally and its not an attack on you. Face it the company you work for is not perfect in fact most shipping companies aren't some are better some are worse .

seesquared
01-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Talk about Mr. Defensive.

I was just trying to help. It's called being proactive.

And judging by the prejudice and intellect of your last post, you have a much bigger chip on your shoulder about life than me or UPS.

laurentj23
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Talk about Mr. Defensive.

I was just trying to help. It's called being proactive.

And judging by the prejudice and intellect of your last post, you have a much bigger chip on your shoulder about life than me or UPS.

Ok here are some question or maybe you can give some input.

1. You said i can change my status to change the destination, sit required,pick at ups office ect ect but those require you to be a premium member. So let me get this straight I paid for shipping, now I have to make an additional payment so I can get the package at my conviniience ?

2. What if I'm buying stuff from a private seller or the other way round and it so happen I didn't get it? What next? Who file the claim? Idk the status of the claim. Speedway motor has great customer service and they send me another one with signature required this time.

3. Why is my package being transferred to local post office just because the day it was supposed to be delivered was mlk day? And of course po was closed and I didn't get my package on time. I know fedex does that..but ups...

Like I said, in the end , it comes down to like the cable company. They know we require our service and that's not a damn thing we can change about it.

laurentj23
01-20-2015, 08:11 PM
1. Contact the shipper and have them check to see if the package was delivered to the correct address.

2. Have the shipper contact UPS and open an investigation. UPS has GPS in their scanners, so they will be able to see where the package was scanned and left.

3a. If you are impatient with waiting, you can call your credit card company and file a chargeback.

3b. If you are impatient with waiting, you can open a paypal case. 9/10 paypal sides with the buyer, and not the sellerm.

If you do a paypal dispute, PayPal will side the seller if they have tracking # and said that package is delivered. Why do you think there's ponzie scheme on eBay where they order some item and received like a stone or some bs and couldnt get the money back... That's another issue with PayPal.

And, it's not like I live in the suburbs or city. I live in the rural area.. The cows or goat probably come to my porch and eat the package? Lol. My very best guess is they misplaced it somewhere during the crazy holiday season and now it's misplaced.

!Zar!
01-20-2015, 08:48 PM
If you do a paypal dispute, PayPal will side the seller if they have tracking # and said that package is delivered. Why do you think there's ponzie scheme on eBay where they order some item and received like a stone or some bs and couldnt get the money back... That's another issue with PayPal.
You are wrong. There is no ebay ponzi scheme. I deal with hundreds of shipments weekly all around the world as a seller. With that, packages are bound to be lost. Never once has the recipient been 'ass out'.
To paypal / ebay, the buyer is more important than the seller. Just because they have a tracking number means nothing. Let the UPS investigation continue as well. Like I said, their scanners have GPS and can tell them where it was dropped off.

And, it's not like I live in the suburbs or city. I live in the rural area.. The cows or goat probably come to my porch and eat the package? Lol. My very best guess is they misplaced it somewhere during the crazy holiday season and now it's misplaced.
Again, the UPS hand held scanners have GPS in them.

Does the tracking number say it was dropped off at your address/zipcode?

laurentj23
01-20-2015, 09:30 PM
You are wrong. There is no ebay ponzi scheme. I deal with hundreds of shipments weekly all around the world as a seller. With that, packages are bound to be lost. Never once has the recipient been 'ass out'.
To paypal / ebay, the buyer is more important than the seller. Just because they have a tracking number means nothing. Let the UPS investigation continue as well. Like I said, their scanners have GPS and can tell them where it was dropped off.

Again, the UPS hand held scanners have GPS in them.

Does the tracking number say it was dropped off at your address/zipcode?

Tracking # stated that the packaged was delivered on the 24th and I got home on the 26th with no package. If you think PayPal will not do it than true naive. Do a search and there's a bunch of people who got scam. I have nothing to gain out of this.

!Zar!
01-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Tracking # stated that the packaged was delivered on the 24th and I got home on the 26th with no package. If you think PayPal will not do it than true naive. Do a search and there's a bunch of people who got scam. I have nothing to gain out of this.

I make a living dealing with PayPal and UPS. I know what I'm talking about. You aren't the first person to have a package go missing even though it says delivered, and you won't be the last.

Stop believing everything you hear from 'a friend/someone you know' and actually deal with it.

I told you how to go about it.

240KA
01-21-2015, 04:02 PM
I make a living dealing with PayPal and UPS. I know what I'm talking about. You aren't the first person to have a package go missing even though it says delivered, and you won't be the last.

Stop believing everything you hear from 'a friend/someone you know' and actually deal with it.

I told you how to go about it.

^^ doesn't know what he's talking about

bought some shoes on ebay, got them shipped to my house but they never arrived. i suspect someone jacked them from in front of the house. filed a dispute through paypal and they sided with the seller, which i kind of figured they would since the seller just has to show proof with the tracking number that he shipped it.

!Zar!
01-22-2015, 12:26 AM
I've had people on eBay claim the very same thing many times, and every time they sided with the buyer.

laurentj23
02-03-2015, 04:36 PM

bought some shoes on ebay, got them shipped to my house but they never arrived. i suspect someone jacked them from in front of the house. filed a dispute through paypal and they sided with the seller, which i kind of figured they would since the seller just has to show proof with the tracking number that he shipped it.

This situation confirms it as well
http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

!Zar!
02-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned from the marketplace. Lol.

Also, nobody is joining that stupid forum just to see whatever your link contains.

laurentj23
02-26-2015, 08:10 PM

Exactly.
Here's another example how paypal side with seller
http://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/1769948-paid-stall-received-box-full-life-jackets.html

laurentj23
02-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Banned from the marketplace. Lol.

Also, nobody is joining that stupid forum just to see whatever your link contains.

Yup. So? Just because I told the truth and freaking mod doesn't like it. so I got banned. and what's the big deal. it's not like I'm scamming people. and paypal side with me?! LOL