PDA

View Full Version : My 91 S13 coupe

Salty_X
07-26-2004, 03:01 AM
I'm in a transitional period right now, and am considering selling my car.

It's a 1991 Coupe, SE model with a working HUD. It has a good mod list going, mostly suspension with some other things mixed in.

Interior:

- Stereo, Sony HU with Pioneer speakers
- ATC Sprint steering wheel. Perfect condition, not yet installed. Same model as the one sold on Jspec for $180, but black with blue lettering instead of yellow.
- Dakei hub for steering wheel (en route from Japanland)
- Pink robot cupholder (en route...)
- Recaro seats on modded rails. Sits a bit higher than stock. Drivers side had a hole worn in it, patched up with vinyl repair tape..

Footworks:

- Avance STBs F & R (beefy ones, similar to cusco, rare jdm brand)
- Tein HE coilovers
- SPL Parts T/C rods
- Tein tie rods
- Reman'd 26mm Z32 front calipers
- Heavy Throttle rotors drilled for 4-lug app
- SPL Parts SS brakelines F & R
- Brembo rotors for stock rears
- Axxis (sp?) Metal Masters pads for rears
- M2 DT05-R wheels in 17x8.5 +25 front, 17x9.5 +30 rear in hyperblack. 4-lug! You might see them a lot on the internet but with 10-15 sets in the entire US you'll probably be the only person in your area with them. Definitely gets the looks...
- Sumitomo HTR+ tires in 215/45/17 and 235/40/17
- Nismo front lower control arms (en route from Japan)
- Whiteline rear swaybar, non-adjustable, 22mm with whiteline bushings.

Drivetrain:

Stock KA with ~145k miles, automatic transmission, and open diff.

Exterior:

Besides the wheels, Sylvania Silverstar 6054s (the whole sealed-shabang) and new bulbs everywhere else.

There's over 8k invested in it at the moment including the car. It runs good and is maintained well.
With the exception of the stereo, all the parts listed are less than a year old.
The car is never driven hard, which is why I'm selling it, as seen below.

There's very little wrong with the car, but I'm not going to mess anyone around with it's problems.

- Automatic transmission. I'm sure most people see this as a problem. If you don't, this may be the car for you.
- There is an exhaust leak somewhere around the downpipe/front pipe/whatchamacallit. It's probably just a gasket, but I haven't gotten under the car to check it out. This may be fixed soon though.

Some kind of JDM motor/tranny swap would fix both of these.

- Has a 89-90 front bumper which has been cut up and painted white. The paint matches well for a spray job, and the cuts are pretty symetrical, just a little rough around the edges. According to Sil40sx it's the first time he's seen a 89-90 bumper cut up the way I did mine, he doesn't get out much though. I think it looks pretty damn cool...
- The passenger-side front fender and headlight cover have some clearcoat issues. There's also some dents in the same fender from a rushed fender-rolling job. It's only noticeable at certain angles though, fairly minor IMO.

If you mind dents or you don't like my bumper styling a new front end could easily fix these, or even go with a Silvia front end if you're into those.

- The moonroof glass has a crack in it. It doesn't leak or anything, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure when it happened, it might have been like that when I bought the car 3 years ago, I have no idea.
- The A/C needs to be recharged

Personally I think the problems are pretty minor for a 14 year old car. It'd be a great building block for a good drift car - Spend another 1000 for an exhaust, manual transmission, some subframe spacers, and a welded diff and you'd probably have one of the nicest drift cars in Northern California.

The only reason I'm thinking about selling it is because I only use the car for daily driving, and I'd rather have someone put it to good use and just get myself some kind of cruiser.

I'm thinking 7000 obo, or trade for an early-mid 90s Q45 and some cash.
You can PM me or E-mail me at [email protected]

You can see pics of the car by clicking the link in my sig. I'll try to get some new pics of the bumper tomorrow.

Thanks for looking, tell your friends. :)

Salty_X
07-26-2004, 10:15 PM
$6,000?..... Anybody?

dvdevo
07-27-2004, 03:42 AM
pretty nice car, really clean..well from the last time i sawit.

Salty_X
08-03-2004, 01:13 AM
I guess I'll bump it one more time... I've gotten my parts, and have already installed the pimp cupholder and Nismo FLCAs. The hub & steering wheel will go on next time I get a day off.

PICS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!1!!111134 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=525285#post525285)

sil40sx
08-04-2004, 08:05 AM
this car is dope, someone needs to jump on it.

mistersir
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Doubt you'd want to do it, but if you're interested in making a quick buck, I'm looking for HE's.