PDA

View Full Version : 95 power window switch in a 96? how?

NotlocTHK
11-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Ok, Long story short I recently bought a running/driving 96 s14 for $600. I've been really happy with that except everything that was noticeably wrong with the car, it NEEDS to pass inspection lol (tire, broken passenger mirror, horn destroyed, headlights cracked, AND driver door window switch is missing....

I recently bought a 95 switch from a member on here, I know the plugs are different and now know that the 95 switch doesn't have the amp in the switch but elsewhere in the door im guessing? :ugh:

My question is has anyone successfully put a 95 switch in a 96 and how? hoping it will work if i just sort of cut my "plug" off and either solder wires directly to the switch or repin my connector. Will this work or have a messed up?

Thanks in advance! :2f2f:

RubyS14
11-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Ok, Long story short I recently bought a running/driving 96 s14 for $600. I've been really happy with that except everything that was noticeably wrong with the car, it NEEDS to pass inspection lol (tire, broken passenger mirror, horn destroyed, headlights cracked, AND driver door window switch is missing....

I recently bought a 95 switch from a member on here, I know the plugs are different and now know that the 95 switch doesn't have the amp in the switch but elsewhere in the door im guessing? :ugh:

My question is has anyone successfully put a 95 switch in a 96 and how? hoping it will work if i just sort of cut my "plug" off and either solder wires directly to the switch or repin my connector. Will this work or have a messed up?

Thanks in advance! :2f2f:

How bent out of shape is the frame? Jokes aside, I am in a similar process so I'm not sure how much help this'll be but I purchased 1995 power door lock harnesses for both sides and a 1996 of the same on only the passenger for my 1996 Base. I have a friend that has built harnesses before and if I am remembering correctly, he'd have to repin the switches and flip flop the wiring to a different location in the switch. The power door locks are little trickier from my understanding so he's getting relays and such for that. He is out of the state for a little while so I can't get a hold of him for now unfortunately.

Hopefully I helped a little bit.

NotlocTHK
11-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Where did you find the 95 harnesses? Hoping a friend of mine can help with all the relays and other trickery

RubyS14
12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Where did you find the 95 harnesses? Hoping a friend of mine can help with all the relays and other trickery

I bought them off of a Zilvian that is/was parting out his vehicle. Other than that, I can't be much help. Sorry.