PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for Sr20de rebuilding ?

zodpowercy
11-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Hi there ,i had my trusty s14a with sr20de engine head gasket blown along the radiator too...

Since i am going to sent the cylinder head to a cnc shop for machining for a perfect fit what else can i do to improve the engine ?

And please don't mention why bother with a sr20de engine as i have another silvia were i swapped a s13 redtop....

I just want to fix the car for reliable daily use but if possible without spending a fortune improve the power a little bit.

I heard about cylinder head boring but does it worth the extra cnc shop labour cost ?

new higher compression pistons are too expensive

Do pulleys improve the engine at all ? And if they worth the money which to choose ? Most i found on ebay say they are for 240sx and some say they need some work to fit on a s14 with a sr20 de/det . Please explain to me ....

And last about an cold air intake .Does it do anything and if it does what to choose ? Most i found on ebay say they fit 240sx ....Intakes specifically for a sr20de i did not find anywhere...

KoukiKid
12-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Run SR16VE pistons... you'll get 11:1 comp and they're factory so you won't pay out the ass for them. Pulleys seem like a waste of money because they won't make noticable power, they just reduce rotational mass. You could run a mild cam on factory top-end internals and do SR16 pistons and have a pretty stout setup!

I've also thrown around the idea of how to rebuild mine... that's most likely the route I'll take, but with ITB's. :3

Choppz
12-27-2014, 09:29 PM
My recommendation on the Cold air intake question is i wouldn't go by ebay descriptions. Find you a shop and fab you up a custom where it can get more cooler air available. I had a custom 3.5" pipe custom made by CIN which was placed right in front of factory air duct I also picked up about 12 peak hp. With only that change.

zodpowercy
02-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info ,in the end i just closed it as it was.Runs good through it seems there is way more vibration now then it had before.

What could possible be the problem? Does the cnc shop machining affect the way the engine runs ? Or could the knock sensor need replacing ?