PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta 11-22-14 HPDE

icantdrift
11-23-2014, 05:34 PM
IjvtHqziVYI

Helmet cam GoPro from one of my sessions at Road Atlanta yesterday. Had a lot of fun as always running with MVP Track Time. Aside from tearing up some rocket bunny parts (rear diffuser is definitely not a track worthy piece) everything held up well. Back straight speeds are in excess of 150mph and exiting T12 is between 105-110.

Another video, full session from the rollbar mount.
3Z9Vs7gvyWY

AFSil80
11-24-2014, 04:47 PM
After seeing the pic of the diffuser on Instagram, I meant to ask what exactly caused the diffuser to break...tire drop off a kerb?

icantdrift
11-24-2014, 07:25 PM
After seeing the pic of the diffuser on Instagram, I meant to ask what exactly caused the diffuser to break...tire drop off a kerb?

It's just a piece of crap and I should've known it was a piece of crap. It broke merely due to the force of air flowing over it on my first blast down the back straight. I tried to mend it with some aluminum bar stock and rivets, then the nuts and angle brackets that hold it all together started coming loose, not to mention the middle two elements bowed in the center again merely from the force of the air moving through it from under the car.

scottie
11-25-2014, 03:33 AM
Great video! The torque is definitely a benefit on a road course. Smooth race lines. Thanks for sharing!

AFSil80
11-25-2014, 05:28 AM
It's just a piece of crap and I should've known it was a piece of crap. It broke merely due to the force of air flowing over it on my first blast down the back straight. I tried to mend it with some aluminum bar stock and rivets, then the nuts and angle brackets that hold it all together started coming loose, not to mention the middle two elements bowed in the center again merely from the force of the air moving through it from under the car.

That's nuts...I'll make ya one out of aircraft grade carbon fiber. I promise it won't shit itself at speed! ;)

icantdrift
11-25-2014, 08:11 AM
That's nuts...I'll make ya one out of aircraft grade carbon fiber. I promise it won't shit itself at speed! ;)

If you can get that stuff on the cheap then I'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

AFSil80
11-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Hahaha, considering someone just got fired 2 weeks ago for taking home expired paint, I'll have to get back with you on that. :P

I had discussed with Eugene about doing some pieces for the S13 in general...cooling trays, etc. Now that I've got a house and a garage, I finally have a place to work and do stuff like that. If it becomes a reality (and I'm hoping it does, just gotta get a few other things handled around here first), I will definitely be in touch with you because I will want someone who tracks their car regularly to be able to provide feedback.

s14unimog
01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
nice :)

msglth