PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about import taxes on parts from Japan?

Matt300ZXT
11-13-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm wanting to buy some Nismo injectors for my 300ZX from RHDJapan, and the price is substantially cheaper than any of the domestic parts vendors. I am curious if anyone on here has bought parts from Japan and what they might know about any import taxes or fees? If it's a small amount I don't mind, but if it's a crazy figure it'd be nice to know before I purchased them and had unexpected fees when the parts got stateside.

S14DB
11-15-2014, 11:28 PM
In the US, Customs could give a fuck about some lowly injectors. Canada can be fun however.

I have bought stuff from RHDJPN with no problems.

ZenkiKid
11-16-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm wanting to buy some Nismo injectors for my 300ZX from RHDJapan, and the price is substantially cheaper than any of the domestic parts vendors. I am curious if anyone on here has bought parts from Japan and what they might know about any import taxes or fees? If it's a small amount I don't mind, but if it's a crazy figure it'd be nice to know before I purchased them and had unexpected fees when the parts got stateside.

Why not just go through a reputable parts broker and ask them directly?

Jesse Streeter is very transparent about how he breaks down pricing.

tricky_ab
11-16-2014, 08:27 PM
It's based on the amount of the item and the local (for you) state taxes you pay on goods.

I've bought plenty of items from overseas, and I always figure that I'm going to be paying taxes on things when I order them. If I end up paying less (because the item pricing was marked down) or nothing at all, then it's a bonus.