Clean title
Reliable for long trips with baby or events
Not gutted
Power steering

Looking for a s14 but show me what you have
Located in socal

KendallH
11-10-2014, 05:27 PM
If you put a baby in a 240... I hope DCF visits you.

simmode1
11-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Long trips... with a baby. In a 240. WTF is wrong with you? As a new dad with an 8 month old, I can tell you that is not going to go well. Stop thinking about yourself & think about your kid.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
If you put a baby in a 240... I hope DCF visits you.

Lol i have daily as well just want to take him out to events in a 240 a few times as a father son type of thing . Lol sure im not the only

5280VertDET
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Want a reliable 240, will also accept a unicorn.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Long trips... with a baby. In a 240. WTF is wrong with you? As a new dad with an 8 month old, I can tell you that is not going to go well. Stop thinking about yourself & think about your kid.

No i have another vehicle i sold my 91 coupe for a 2015 versa lol now that im financially stable i want another one? That bad ? Lol

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Want a reliable 240, will also accept a unicorn.

One i sold was reliable idk about yours lol

KendallH
11-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Wow, I also missed the fact that AIR CONDITIONING was not in the list of requirements of a baby-capable vehicle. Seriously? I hope you don't have full custody of this child...

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Wow, I also missed the fact that AIR CONDITIONING was not in the list of requirements of a baby-capable vehicle. Seriously? I hope you don't have full custody of this child...

I kept componets from previous 240 because i knew id get another one and 99% of the ones being sold dont have one

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:26 PM
ppl its not for daily use i have another vehicle lol omg man you guys are tripin out lol

simmode1
11-10-2014, 07:27 PM
No i have another vehicle i sold my 91 coupe for a 2015 versa lol now that im financially stable i want another one? That bad ? Lol

Yes. It is bad to WANT to put a baby in a 240 for long trips. Ever thought of trading your Versa for a reliable crew cab truck to drive your kid around AND tow your 240 to events? Wrong section anyways. Check the classifieds. IB4L.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes. It is bad to WANT to put a baby in a 240 for long trips. Ever thought of trading your Versa for a reliable crew cab truck to drive your kid around AND tow your 240 to events....

Events im meaning like formula d not ENTERING events

KendallH
11-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Yes. It is bad to WANT to put a baby in a 240 for long trips. Ever thought of trading your Versa for a reliable crew cab truck to drive your kid around AND tow your 240 to events? Wrong section anyways. Check the classifieds. IB4L.

He bought a versa... They MSRP for almost nothing. Probably couldn't afford a truck.

OP everyone is ripping on you because you seem to be a terrible parent, and also an idiot.

Also you posted in the wrong section.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:34 PM
just to clear things up long trips may seem like 4 hours or more for you events from where i am are only 30min- 1hr away ..NOT TRACKING IT lol damn ppl

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 07:41 PM
He bought a versa... They MSRP for almost nothing. Probably couldn't afford a truck.

OP everyone is ripping on you because you seem to be a terrible parent, and also an idiot.

Also you posted in the wrong section.

Not that i couldnt afford a truck i just dont loke the idea of putting 40 bucks in gas every 2 days cuz the milage i drive to worl exactly why i got a versa trust id love a truck i was accepted for a used titan but i liked the idea of a brand new car with 40 mpg im not tracking my next 240 ofcourse its going to be baby safe im not the only person that does this shoot theres ppl out there that kept there 240 im sure

simmode1
11-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Don't get me wrong: I still have a 240. But I put my infant in it as little as possible and certainly no more than 30 minutes at a time. It's just damned inconvenient. Child car seats require ghetto-rigging to fit in our rear seats & they fold like tin cans in an accident. Don't be mad at these responses. It was YOU who said you wanted to use an SR swapped 240 for "long trips with baby or events". Learn to express yourself better. And try the damn For Sale section while you're at it.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Don't get me wrong: I still have a 240. But I put my infant in it as little as possible and certainly no more than 30 minutes at a time. It's just damned inconvenient. Child car seats require ghetto-rigging to fit in our rear seats & they fold like tin cans in an accident. Don't be mad at these responses. It was YOU who said you wanted to use an SR swapped 240 for "long trips with baby or events". Learn to express yourself better. And try the damn For Sale section while you're at it.

I ment to put "for" events not "or" and i prefer sr20 cuz a budy of mine convince me there more reliable than ka. My previous 240 had a ka and had nothing but problems after the other while his is running great still with no problems yet atleast. not going sr for speed/drifting going for reliability as title says

Im new to this didnt know ppl get butt hurt

simmode1
11-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Trust me. We're not butt hurt. We just don't like idiots around here.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Trust me. We're not butt hurt. We just don't like idiots around here.

If your saying im an idiot id like know why lol
because i want a 240sx so i can take my son in to watch events and take to car meets? I dont see anything idiotic about that

KendallH
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Do they have a prepaid college fund in California? Maybe you should consider investing some of your disposable income into your childs future instead of a "racecar"?

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Do they have a prepaid college fund in California? Maybe you should consider investing some of your disposable income into your childs future instead of a "racecar"?

Bro idk how broke you are but ofcourse i wouldnt get a 240 if i didnt think i can afford it .. Like i said not tracking it

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Dude you shouldn't be putting a baby in a 240 plus father son lmfao dude its a baby its not gonna remember any of that shit... We can clearly tell your 21 lol babies having babies nowadays

BlueKpS13
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. He has a versa for a daily, and he wants a 240 for a fun weekend car he can put his kid in. Big deal. Honestly it sounds like a normal idea. Haven't you people seen dads in muscle cars bringing their kids along? Same concept, different car

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh you're right I forgot that most sr20 240's aren't on coilovers so the ride will be great for a baby with a soft neck to be bouncing around. Not to mention the car seats dont fit in our cars. But you would know cause you're always bringing your baby places in your 240. Oh wait you dont have a baby you say ah I see the kindly shut the fuck up :).

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Dude you shouldn't be putting a baby in a 240 plus father son lmfao dude its a baby its not gonna remember any of that shit... We can clearly tell your 21 lol babies having babies nowadays

Lol Tell that to the hundreds of ppl that do it on top of ppl who own modified civics who take there babies along who most likley daily it... Lol so what i want MY son to grow up around the car scene. We can clearly see you have no idea what its like to have a kid at 38 years how sad :,(

krron
11-10-2014, 09:28 PM
lol go get a civic you sound like you belong in that "scene" btw this is now in the Your Doing it Wrong post on zilvia btw it brought me here

HeyGirlHeyyy
11-10-2014, 09:28 PM
One i sold was reliable idk about yours lol

I ment to put "for" events not "or" and i prefer sr20 cuz a budy of mine convince me there more reliable than ka. My previous 240 had a ka and had nothing but problems

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6a/22/ec/6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. He has a versa for a daily, and he wants a 240 for a fun weekend car he can put his kid in. Big deal. Honestly it sounds like a normal idea. Haven't you people seen dads in muscle cars bringing their kids along? Same concept, different car

EXACTLY Thank you

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:31 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6a/22/ec/6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

Lol to be more clear problmes when i first bout it

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:32 PM
EXACTLY Thank you

Your right dude. Go get one then its called Craigslist. All I was telling you is the car seat doesn't fit unless you rig it up. But obviously you know what your doing and don't want our advice so why even post here?

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:33 PM
lol go get a civic you sound like you belong in that "scene" btw this is now in the Your Doing it Wrong post on zilvia btw it brought me here

Dude i was using as an example

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Lol to be more clear problmes when i first bout it

I think we were more concerned with your language, spelling, and grammar. But it's ok we understand I mean your 21 and already having a kid and trying to still have a toy. Grow up and be a man and then you can be a kid again after you be a man since you decided to have a kid.

krron
11-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I know you just seem like you would fit right in.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Your right dude. Go get one then its called Craigslist. All I was telling you is the car seat doesn't fit unless you rig it up. But obviously you know what your doing and don't want our advice so why even post here?

I took your advice on the car seat haha but the way ppl are comming at me is ruthless like damn didnt know the title said "bring negative comments cuz your having a bad day"

simmode1
11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Well, bro... If you didn't know, Zilvia is well known for being ruthless as fuck. Just saying. Keep a thick skin & you'll be fine around here.

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Zilvia Doesn't have nice people. Nico is the place for manners.

crzsteveo
11-10-2014, 09:44 PM
lmao I knew this thread would get flamed once I saw it lol

simmode1
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Ugh... I guess somebody oughta help this bro out since he clarified that he's not actively trying to kill his kid by taking it on long trips in a 240... so here: http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=20

krron
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
lmao I knew this thread would get flamed once I saw it lol

Wish I could give you a point lol. Same thing I thought when I read it lmao.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I think we were more concerned with your language, spelling, and grammar. But it's ok we understand I mean your 21 and already having a kid and trying to still have a toy. Grow up and be a man and then you can be a kid again after you be a man since you decided to have a kid.

Not necessarily a toy cuz the versa will be transportation for my girl wherever she needs to go while i can go to work. I mean if already supporting my family financially and being there in general isnt man enough let me know what is just cuz i can afford another car and still support my family and you cant

Loufig
11-10-2014, 09:54 PM
so not a toy just another daily? Perfect Single cam 240 will run forever and all stock will be perfect for what your looking for then. Well judging by the way you type and spell, We can determine that you have to work in retail, fast food, or gas station. So good job getting a career and REALLY supporting them I'm not gonna see who can piss further here but I will say at the end of the day your only 21 and you will always think you're right.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:54 PM
I know you just seem like you would fit right in.

Seem ?
You "seem" to know a lot about the scene

krron
11-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Seem ?
You "seem" to know a lot about the scene

yeah.... well I know this much Honda kids are generally morons plus they're morons.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Well judging by the way you type and spell, We can determine that you have to work in retail, fast food, or gas station. So good job getting a career and REALLY supporting them I'm not gonna see who can piss further here but I will say at the end of the day your only 21 and you will always think you're right.

No i actually work as a dental implant restoration assistant lol awsome career actually :) yes 21 ? How does being 21 have to do with anything? Lol

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 10:01 PM
yeah.... well I know this much Honda kids are generally morons plus they're morons.

Agreed you sure are a moron lol

ixfxi
11-10-2014, 10:06 PM
must have :
Clean title
Reliable for long trips with baby or events
Not gutted
Power steering

Looking for a s14 but show me what you have
Located in socal

I have a car I can sell you.

Mikinike
11-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I have a car I can sell you.

You wanna Pm pics

ixfxi
11-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Not really.

krron
11-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Lmao this post keeps getting better

dluevanos01
11-10-2014, 10:49 PM

Lol Tell that to the hundreds of ppl that do it on top of ppl who own modified civics who take there babies along who most likley daily it... Lol so what i want MY son to grow up around the car scene. We can clearly see you have no idea what its like to have a kid at 38 years how sad :,(

Listen to simmode. I know raising your child around the "scene" sounds like the greatest idea right now but honestly think about it. Have you seen how bad our cars are when they crash? My friend got t boned on the passenger side and the rear seat are did not look safe at all for a baby/child to be in.

I had my niece ride in my car once and trust me, it's horrible. What simmode said is true, the seats were not designed for anything but to sit there and say it was a 4 seater. Also, the fact that people with modified civic take their kids makes it okay? Just because they do it does not mean its safe or okay to do it. Think about your son for a second.

Ultimately it's up to you but I would say to save the money for anything that can arise. when hes older, then think about buying one and taking him. You can take him in the versa. The fact that you take him and expose him to the "scene" means he can grow up around it. he doesn't have to be put in danger to get to the event

ixfxi
11-10-2014, 10:58 PM
I love how people are preaching to be a good safe parent by choosing another car with better rigidity.

Who fucking cares. Survival of the fittest. If you want to strap your kid into a Formula 1 car, go for it.

Lemme tell you, if you want your kid to get to school on time - get a car with an SR20DET. Make sure it has the biggest fucking turbo that will fit, and the most sensitive unsprung clutch you can buy. Its a good idea to introduce BOOST and high Gs to a child at an early age, get them to understand and respect POWER.

Even better, hang that little fucker with a strap off the tow hook... thats how you start off as a B.G. (thats baby gangsta, for all you punk bitches)

5280VertDET
11-11-2014, 12:02 AM
IBL:

240SX saftey rating.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/1990-2010+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=2850

bmxer882x
11-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I kept componets from previous 240 because i knew id get another one and 99% of the ones being sold dont have one

Also for this point. You do realize your still going to need to source a compressor and bracket and belt. Keeping your ka ac stuff did very little.

I'm New
11-11-2014, 02:56 AM
This is pure gold holy shit. rofl

KendallH
11-11-2014, 05:36 AM
I took your advice on the car seat haha but the way ppl are comming at me is ruthless like damn didnt know the title said "bring negative comments cuz your having a bad day"

You would have been fine if you posted in the correct section :picardfp:

simmode1
11-11-2014, 07:41 AM
IBL:

240SX saftey rating.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/1990-2010+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=2850
Yeah, I'm sure our safety ratings were perfectly acceptable 20 years ago. Now? Crumple zones? Yeah, right. You gotta be joking. Some only have 1 damn airbag. 1. And when was the last time any of us even had that airbag serviced? Lol... Most just rip the whole steering wheel out & replace it with some Grip Royal wheels.

But s14's certainly do seem to stand up better in an accident than s13's.

Next time I have my kid's car seat in my s14, I'll try to take pics for reference. Getting it in or out is a hassle because you can't lift the seat by it's handle since it won't fit thru the door then.
To install the base level per the instructions, I had to roll up like 6 pairs of jeans to remedy the seat's mounting position. And the passenger front seat can't lock into position while the car seat is in place. Passenger seat just slides on rails & flops back/forth under anything but the smoothest of driving.

It can be done, I just don't recommend it.

5280VertDET
11-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I'm sure our safety ratings were perfectly acceptable 20 years ago. Now? Crumple zones? Yeah, right. You gotta be joking. Some only have 1 damn airbag. 1. And when was the last time any of us even had that airbag serviced? Lol... Most just rip the whole steering wheel out & replace it with some Grip Royal wheels.

But s14's certainly do seem to stand up better in an accident than s13's.

Next time I have my kid's car seat in my s14, I'll try to take pics for reference. Getting it in or out is a hassle because you can't lift the seat by it's handle since it won't fit thru the door then.
To install the base level per the instructions, I had to roll up like 6 pairs of jeans to remedy the seat's mounting position. And the passenger front seat can't lock into position while the car seat is in place. Passenger seat just slides on rails & flops back/forth under anything but the smoothest of driving.

It can be done, I just don't recommend it.

haha, yea, 20 year stats. Just there for reference.

I took my 2 month old in my vert, can't say I felt super comfortable with it; might just be new dad jitters. It's not easy, like you said to get a kid in and out, but from what OP seems to want to do it's not happening all that often. Besides, car seats are stupid safe when installed properly. My wife is a peds ICU nurse and has seen pictures of some fucked up older model cars with a baby seat and the child was in better condition than the parents in the car.

http://buckleupforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BUFL_2002-Car-Installation_2013.pdf

S14DB
11-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Doesn't look like the WTB section to me... :lockd:

I never take my 240 to events its not entered in. This includes shows. DD looks just fine in the parking lot with all the hard parkers that aren't participating. Child seats mount well in them too... When they kid starts caring about what car they are riding in they won't be in a child seat.