PDA

View Full Version : Tach Questions

Stalled
11-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Hello, I am having some issues with my tach. Just recently did a sr20det swap into my 92 240sx using a wiring specialties complete harness. Speed and water temp are reading out fine. Thought it was a bad gauge cluster so I picked one out of a junkyard from a 93. Same result as the other previous cluster. Searched on this forum for tach issues. Checked my yellow with red stripe wire looks good, acquired another 62 ecu like one that came with engine swap. Swapped ecu's out still no tach signal. Car runs and drives great I just have no tach signal!? Even purchased a Blitz tach in hopes of maybe wiring it up?

I know its a lengthy post, just trying to fill you in on the steps I have made prior to this post. Any help is much appreciated.

Stalled
11-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Anything? bump

omgwtf
11-06-2014, 04:20 PM
not sure where SRs get the tach signal from but on my CA it comes from the cam angle sensor. check the wiring from there to the plug above your ecu in the dash for continuity

Stalled
11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Checked on the CAS everything appears good. Some of my wires looked questionable but checked out fine. Got the Blitz tach and did what one of the other post said about hooking it up to the (cant remember the pin number) white cam signal wire. The tach is reading but i dont believe it is accurate. Still searching for other solutions thanks for the input omgwtf