PDA

View Full Version : swapping full s14 into a bare shell s13. help needed

chaldean408
11-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey guys. Sooo I have a sr kouki s14 I recently crashed :( sooo im swapping into a shell my buddy gave me. Its coupe caged s13.
My s14 was only damaged in the rear. Left wheel and quarter panel took the damage. The other wheel still spun with throttle so im assuming everything from the engine to the diff is cool.
The s13 is a bare ass shell...when I say bare I mean
interior only has the steering wheel/column. Pedals. Dash bar but no dash (I have a s13 dash)
There are no wires at all!!

My goals are to swap my front suspension from the s14 including the kouki front end and all the sr20/tranny, etc... My issues are In the heater/chassis harness. How the hell am I going to bolt it up..any threads or links that have done a job like this b4?

Input please!

omgosh
11-06-2014, 12:38 AM
I did this once. I took the entire body harness out of the s14 and put it in the s13. I was using the s14 dash though (bad idea) so I used the whole dash bar and the hvac components from the s14. The dash bar basically fits, and the other stuff can be mounted around it as you go...But if you are using s13 interior (good idea) it would likely be best to use the entire s14 dash harness on the s13 dash bar with s13 hvac components. You'd have to swap the plugs or pins where necessary. The s14 hvac has a couple more features but otherwise they do the same thing.

As far as the rest of the body wiring goes , all you really have to do is cut/solder a few plugs for the tail lights in the coupe. Also the fuel pump plug.

chaldean408
11-06-2014, 01:26 AM
I actually decided to go with the s13 dash. I need a s13 heater core/housing kuz the s14 one doesn't fit.
I have the wires from the seat back all hooked up. And I also have the s13 chassis harness (out of car)...it looks like a frkn nightmare lol I need to follow a diagram. If I go s13 harness I can just splice for headlights and be coo. That and the dash. What else.?
Im currently dropping the engine/tranny in. It got dark so I'll be on it tomorrow hopefully