PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Suspension - No Drifting

Chrisk0
11-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Hello everyone, I have a 91' s13 hatch. I actually have 3 of them, but one is my project car. I ran into a little issue shortly after pulling out the KA and Tranny of another 240sx. I took the tires and rims off an 89' SE model.

My project hatch is a base model, that was on steelies and 195x60 tires. Now they're running alloy 215x60's. I noticed (before the engine is even in there, which means the suspension is actually higher than usual in the front.) that with these wider tires, the springs were actually touching the tire.

So, I am selling my daily 240sx, to find a cheap daily, and the rest to fund this project car. But until then, I'm on limited funds. I won't be doing any drifting or autox without quality parts, because I don't want to have to go right back and redo the work I've done. So I was wondering, since coilovers fit in the wheel wells a lot easier... If I have to drive this thing daily for a few weeks, is there a coilover that's safe to run? I'm serious when I mean not doing anything stupid in the car. But I have also seen cheap coil disasters... I know you get what you pay for, so I guess I'm asking.. should I be worried? Even if I'm not putting a beating on the car, if I get a cheaper set of coils to hold me over?:eek:

I have also added a picture to show you the issue, it hangs over about an inch 1/2.

http://i58.tinypic.com/350nz2d.jpg

Thanks for reading wall of text.

Akito86
11-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Or perhaps you can just buy tires with a shorter wall that wont rub the shock hat and there you go.

Chrisk0
11-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Or perhaps you can just buy tires with a shorter wall that wont rub the shock hat and there you go.

Sorry I took so long to respond lol. I have been working a lot and had stuff going on. But yeah that sounds much simpler. Idk what else to do with these new wheels then :/ my other 240 is on stock suspension as well lol. Anyways, I'm retarded :facepalm: and thank you for stopping me from impulse buying some crappy coils for no reason. I guess I will have some nice spares too when I get a decent set of coils.