PDA

View Full Version : 280z help

BigE_Z
10-30-2014, 03:23 PM
I was given a complete 1978 280z but it's not running it's been sitting indoors for about 10years.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts and I was also thinking if anyone knows the cali legal swap standards for my car . Thanks if greatly appreciate it

arck001
11-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Clean out the fuel tank and fuel lines. Replace all basic maintenance parts like spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, change out the oil, replace coolant, get a new battery. Start there.

Legally, your swap options are limited since it is not smog exempt. Besides that, you can pretty much fit anything in there.

R3VO 3VOM
02-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Look at injectors and MAF as well as everything else previously stated. They probably will just need a clean but I can't tell you how many old Z's I've seen in the junkyard with replaced injectors and MAF's and still ended up there. People can't get them to run and just give up. These are simple cars. Very rudimentary engine management. I have a '76 and '77 but both are swapped; something you can't do in cali with the smog laws.

bmaddock
02-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Cool man, a friend of mine just picked one up as well. Post a picture up if you don't mind. arck001 nailed it on the head, basic tune-up first and then try giving it a start.

Yuri
05-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Replacing the cat is also a good start. You'd be amazed at how much better the L28E's run with a fresh cat.