PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harness Relocation in So-Cal

StuckeyOG
10-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Hey so long story short, I can go lower in the rears at my current camber specs and tuck tire but I want to be relatively low in the front as well if I do so. I can't do this with my wiring harness in the wheel well even though I tucked it up a bit higher.
If I go as low as I want to when the shock bottoms out on hard turns, dips, etc. I risk rubbing through wires more towards the grommet section of the wiring harness, which I am definitely not trying to deal with.

Are there any shops or people near the San Fernando Valley area familiar with this procedure who would be able to relocate my wiring harness completely out of the way for a reasonable price? Thanks guys

kruked
10-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Cut loose what you already tucked up, hogtie the grommet area as much as possible, then tuck the rest.

nolandavid
10-31-2014, 05:02 PM
I can do it but i'am in San Bernardino, hit me up 909 583 5577.
by the way is it s13 or s14?

StuckeyOG
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
I can do it but i'am in San Bernardino, hit me up 909 583 5577.
by the way is it s13 or s14?

it's a S14, ill shoot you a text in the morning

jr_ss
11-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Why not look at what some people have done. Typically it involves cutting some sheet metal to make a notch so that the harness can sit up higher and then putting some sheet metal over that area to protect it from the tire.

StuckeyOG
11-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Why not look at what some people have done. Typically it involves cutting some sheet metal to make a notch so that the harness can sit up higher and then putting some sheet metal over that area to protect it from the tire.

I think I'm just going to end up leaving it to 9k Racing when I have some cash saved up. This is what they told me:

"We have done the harness relocation multiple times. It's $175 for the job. Will take about 2-3 hours.

We have to remove your fender and bumper without damaging the paint, then we will cut the upper area so the harness can rest on top of the metal panel. We then hammer the metal upward to make a flap then create brackets for the wiring to be held with. We do not use zip ties.

Then we put back the fenders and bumpers accordingly."

I'm going to assume it's worth the drive and price for the quality of work from what I've heard as I've never gotten work done there yet. Thanks for the help everyone