PDA

View Full Version : SR20DE in an S14 - How to wire your A/C

omgosh
10-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Im posting this incase anyone searches for how to do this. I couldnt find a complete how-to for the wiring, and the only available FSM is in Japanese, so I will leave this here...

Done on a 1995 240sx with a 1996 SR20DE swap with "WA" ECU. Using the KA24 compressor.

This wiring is done at the dash plug, connecting the wires to the ECU. I got a cut harness with my swap so I just soldered on the KA dash plug. So I do not know what pins to swap around on the plugs but these are the wires that need to be connected.

A/C relay wire - KA black/pink to SR ECU pin 11

KA thermo-control signal - orange/black to SR ECU pin 41

KA "hand switch" - yellow/black to SR ECU pin 46 blue wire

Now the A/C should activate while the engine is running only, and turn off according the the thermo control amp and triple pressure switch protection.
Now to make the FICD work.

Since there is already a wire on the harness that goes the the FICD, I just used it to keep things simple. The wire that sends 12v to the compressor clutch is connected directly to the FICD. So what I did was route the SR engine harness A/C plug into the fusebox, and connect it to the A/C relay pin 3. Now it will get 12v when the relay is energized and kick the idle up. I also used this pin to energize my fan relay.

Hope this helps someone.