PDA

View Full Version : where to start first

Gorkz
10-26-2014, 07:42 PM
so i had a 240sx got that by my dad from working on weekends i blew that bitch up sold it and now i got a job and i bought a 240sx coupe. When i got it it was good but its been started to act up like a small rod knock on startups so i bought a ka24de disassembled for 150$ idk if this was the right choice but id like to stay with the ka24 since im from los angeles
i was thinking about buying a rebuild kit from here
http://www.vapengines.com
maybe give them my engine for the machine shop also

id like to save my coupe from dying

coupesallday!
10-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Ok so yeah, idk

angel mkiv
10-27-2014, 01:15 AM
So what exactly is your question? Couldn't fully understand what you wrote there..

Kuma
10-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Go back to school.

jscherf92
10-27-2014, 10:28 AM
so i had a 240sx got that by my dad from working on weekends i blew that bitch up sold it and now i got a job and i bought a 240sx coupe.

...Not really relevant

When i got it it was good but its been started to act up like a small rod knock on startups

...Yeah, that one needs a rebuild...

so i bought a ka24de disassembled for 150$ idk if this was the right choice but id like to stay with the ka24 since im from los anegeles

Not a terrible price but doesn't sound like your best option. KA24 refers to two possible engines, i know you said you bought a dohc but this nomenclature matters. Location has zero effect on engine choice, if anything California is the best place to find SR/RB/LS parts.

i was thinking about buying a rebuild kit from here
http://www.vapengines.com

They don't even list the 240sx KA24DE as an option, just the D21 KA24E, the altima KA24DE and the xterra KA24DE. Yes, the xterra kit MIGHT work but you're much better off piecing together your own "kit" from quality, name brand and oem parts. You'll need main and rod bearings, hardware, piston rings, gaskets, water pump, oil pump, probably a handful of other things. You have no idea what condition the engine is in before you tear it down.

maybe give them my engine for the machine shop also

Probably the only good decision you've considered.

Good luck and may Zilvia have mercy on your soul.

Cash
10-27-2014, 11:58 AM
I think he mentioned California because emissions/CARB are strict there.

turbo2nr
10-27-2014, 03:09 PM
I like potatoes.

rawgarage
10-27-2014, 03:25 PM
so i had a 240sx got that by my dad from working on weekends i blew that bitch up

instantly stopped reading...

Martino
10-27-2014, 03:26 PM

There would be a lot of things I would like to save from dying too.
The brain cells I lost reading that "paragraph", would be one of them.

Gorkz
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
well im looking for a build for my car that would be a better thing to say now as far as budget im saving up about 500 every 2 weeks and i got 200 rn
I didnt really want to go SR because everyone has it but i guess i dont and ive never done it so i guess this is a start of a sr build for myself

angel mkiv
10-28-2014, 12:58 AM
well im looking for a build for my car that would be a better thing to say now as far as budget im saving up about 500 every 2 weeks and i got 200 rn
I didnt really want to go SR because everyone has it but i guess i dont and ive never done it so i guess this is a start of a sr build for myself

I'm still lost on what exactly is your question?

Cash
10-28-2014, 07:04 AM

So by my math, you've been saving for 5.6 days.

AFSil80
10-28-2014, 07:10 AM
#aintcare

#yoloswag

bruh.

HORShi
10-28-2014, 07:27 AM
so i had a 240sx got that by my dad from working on weekends i blew that bitch up sold it...

May I ask why did you "blew that bitch up"? What was the underlying logic behind you...engaging in such a violent, potentially inane action?

I'm listening...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1669539/yeah-i-m-listening-o.gif

10psitx
10-28-2014, 07:38 AM

Translation,

I'd like to build my car slowly as my budget is quite small ($250/week) and i have $200 at the moment. The SR20det is quite common but i've not done one but may consider it.

I have a friend that studied ancient languages who help me dechipher the OP's comment...thought i'd share.

adams 02rs
10-28-2014, 08:09 AM
May I ask why did you "blew that bitch up"? What was the underlying logic behind you...engaging in such a violent, potentially inane action?

I'm listening...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1669539/yeah-i-m-listening-o.gif

Ooohh shit that's funny. ALQAIDA on HIS KA.....:rimshot:

Martino
10-28-2014, 08:38 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/listen-jill-i-just-cant-do-it-anymore.jpg

angel mkiv
10-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Translation,

I'd like to build my car slowly as my budget is quite small ($250/week) and i have $200 at the moment. The SR20det is quite common but i've not done one but may consider it.

I have a friend that studied ancient languages who help me dechipher the OP's comment...thought i'd share.

Oooohhhh ok now I get it!! Well yeah I'd recommend shopping around at local performance shops and get quotes on how much they would do a sr20 swap for you and save up until you have enough. Then drop it off one day and pick it up another and boom it's finished.

ixfxi
10-28-2014, 09:51 PM

aye aye, 500 every 2 weeks y0

Sleepiedaze
10-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Translation,

Thank you for the decoded message.