PDA

View Full Version : Tablets, which one is the best?

what12311
10-24-2014, 07:47 PM
I am saving up for a tablet, my budget max will be $300-$400, looking for the best all around tablet for the money.

ZenkiKid
10-25-2014, 10:18 AM
iPads only because of the interface. So easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simmode1
10-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Go look up some reviews & comparisons on cnet...

Matej
10-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Trendy and great for the casual user - iPad
Best for serious use - Surface 3
Best value - Samsung

e30gangsta
10-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Nexus 7 for a cheap well rounded tablet, and nexus 9 if you want the best tablet out there atm.

Gnnr
10-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Surface Pro 3 for me in a heartbeat, but it is pricey

Honestly, there is no "best".

Get something that feels good in your hands, feels fast to you and display looks good to you.

A handheld device needs to feel right to you and its all personal preference

silverarrow27
10-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Surface Pro 3 here also.

Felipe
10-26-2014, 01:12 AM
A handheld device needs to feel right to you and its all personal preference

Agree...

Test them first hand.

-Samsung and no complaints

HyperTek
10-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Id consider the Nvidia shield tablet

!Zar!
10-26-2014, 07:16 PM
The Surface Pro 3 is rad. Only thing not rad about it is the price.

fgiujiereno
10-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Get something that feels good in your hands, feels fast to you and display looks good to you.http://goo.gl/6OBlWi

what12311
10-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Id consider the Nvidia shield tablet
I am pondering it, only problem is it HD?

drift freaq
10-27-2014, 09:20 AM
What do you need it for? When my last laptop died a premature death due to water spilled.lol I went out and picked up an Ipad. For a lot of the stuff I was doing the Ipad was good. It was a casual use device. I could also do most of my business except process shipping labels on it. The only reason I could not do that had more to do with the U.S. Postal service having absolutely horrible code on their website which causes it not function properly with Mobile devices. Plus their mobile app is not fully functional either.

Now for ease of use and lots of Apps. The Ipad wins,in fact if you are into music?As in writing and making it, the Ipad rules. There are so many great soft synths, drum machines, samplers, composing software choices its crazy. One could just skip buying a hardware synth buy an Ipad pick up a bunch of the soft synth apps and have an amazingly powerful synthesis tool. It would probably cost you less than buying the hardware to cover the different types of synthesis available in all these apps.

Of course if you are just looking for a cheap tablet than an Android may suffice.

As far as the Surface 3 goes its a true jack of all trades but master of none. It can do all the things a PC, Tablet(IPad or Andorid ) can do but really does not excel at them and is large( defies the whole reason for buying a tablet) .

Fact is people looking to replace a laptop could do decently with a Surface Pro 3 but it might not be quite as powerful as a laptop.

People looking strictly for a tablet and not trying to replace a PC should just skip it.
Again from my own experience I do want a tablet that is large and heavy which the Surface 3 is both.
I would take a laptop over it any day of the week becuase it would be simular in size and I would gain even more functionality than the Surface 3 has.

Take it for what it is worth , this is just my opinion.

ManoNegra
10-27-2014, 10:29 AM
I went through this about a year ago.
Did the research, compared features and most importantly price.
I ended up getting the outgoing generation of the Samsung Note 10.1.
It was in the price point you're looking at and I liked the idea of the stylus to use with Sketchpad Pro.
Realistically I use it to read comics, youtube and netflix before going to bed or for social media while on the couch.

dsastr_clan
10-27-2014, 11:45 AM
my laptop died a month ago, i had purchased an ASUS transformer with a keyboard about 8 months ago that i only used at night to watch youtube videos, I have been able to do pretty much everything on it since i have been forced to use it, im very happy,... i got a full time job and go to school full time, i dont even take any books or notebooks to class anymore.... just my tablet,, i also have a Galaxy tablet 2 but not having a keyboard makes me only use it as a remote control for my tv LOL. GL

what12311
10-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Thanks for all the Replies guys

FaLKoN240
10-28-2014, 03:18 PM
If you're keen on it, I would suggest buying used on craigslist. Just make sure you thoroughly try all the features on it.

What kind of smart phone do you use?

I recently picked up an iPad Air2 mostly for playing games and watching videos.

:keke:

Now that I think about it, I should've bought an xbox one :picardfp:

what12311
10-28-2014, 03:32 PM
I was looking on Craig's list, problem is I don't know much of anything about tablets, my current phone is a BlackBerry Curve, I'm saving up for an SIII

fyneyoungstunna
11-04-2014, 06:58 PM
What do you guys think about the tab s 10.5 for gaming, light tech stuff (editing and such). And probably a media device?