PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some anime

95Blue240sx
07-16-2004, 12:57 AM
i just got finished watch Gundam Seed, which i think was the best anime i have ever seen! soooo fucking awsome! some of my other favorites are Robotech(#1 fav!!!! wo000tt!), Gundam 0080/0083, ranma1/2(funny ass anime), and Trigun(funny too). Escaflowne was a really good series too. so something along those lines. like a funny type like ranma or some good action with a good story like G Seed or Robotech.

w00t anime freak~!#[email protected]##%

Maeda
07-16-2004, 01:00 AM
How old are you?

If you get some taste, I can recommend a few things.

mk20116
07-16-2004, 01:23 AM
GTO!!!!!...good anime funny too....
Slam Dunk...basketball
anything from studio GHIBLI...(studio that created laputa and that one with the girl with wolves.)
there's more, just can't remember.

citizen
07-16-2004, 01:29 AM
if you can appreciate good clean humor then one piece. and where what road is that in your sig, it looks familiar?

ICKY
07-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Outlaw Star is pretty good anime, Ragnarok is funny with some action in it. One of my favs is Princess Mononoke, might sound childish, but its actually pretty cool. Macross has some good action in it. Ninja Scroll and Ninja Ressurection (sp?). I havnt seen ressurection yet but i want to. i would recomend the japanese version of dbz with english dubs.

Bbandit
07-16-2004, 07:26 AM
Hajime no Ippo (Old but awesome)
Midori no Hibi (Funny as hell)
GTO (Funny as well)

S14Speed997
07-16-2004, 07:26 AM
IMO The 2 best anime movies of all time are "Ninja Scrolls" and "Ghost in a Shell"....I have them on VHS, need to get the dvds....

deac0n
07-16-2004, 08:20 AM
initial d, Cowboy bebop, neon Genesis Evangelion, ghost in the shell stand alone complex, crest of the stars, most if not all of the gundam seires that should keep you busy for a while. :)

aznpoopy
07-16-2004, 08:29 AM
you've seen some anime classics.

since u liked ranma:
maison ikkoku
uresei yatsura (lum)
inu yasha (not a fan but eh... its rumiko)

if you liked robotech go watch :
macross, macross plus and macross zero. macross 7 if u can stomach it. robotech was ripped from macross.
for gundam i don't bother with any of the 'alternate universe' stories like seed, wing, G, etc etc. stick with the classics. gundam, z, zz, 0083, 0080, char's counterattack, etc.

trigun:
rurouni kenshin = trigun was a bit copied from rk - rk is 100x better.
naruto - one of the better anime to come out recently

finally my favs = cowboy bebop and neon genesis evangelion

95Blue240sx
07-16-2004, 09:21 AM
sweet list! i have seen rourouni kenshin, i havnt finished it yet, because my souce moved lol.

princess monoke was actually really good IMHO. i have that on dvd.

Ghost in the shell was really good too, i also got that on dvd.

Looks like a a nice list to start with. thanks guys!

the road in my pic is in redwood city, im not too familar with it. my friend took me there. it leads to skyline blvd.

MK20116 - awsome car!

mk20116
07-16-2004, 10:09 AM
sweet list! i have seen rourouni kenshin, i havnt finished it yet, because my souce moved lol.

princess monoke was actually really good IMHO. i have that on dvd.

Ghost in the shell was really good too, i also got that on dvd.

Looks like a a nice list to start with. thanks guys!

the road in my pic is in redwood city, im not too familar with it. my friend took me there. it leads to skyline blvd.

MK20116 - awsome car!
actually that's not my car. that guy is in hong kong and he has a really nice setup. ie..ggr200 bhp kit, kw variant2, diffusers, ce28n, along with some other stuff. i think at the end of last year he was one of four with the fastest minis on hk.

JtWo
07-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Please Teacher series

How can you guys forget Street Fighter?

Key the Metal Idol<~ Recommend buying

Hellsing <~First before Van Hellsing and kinda runs on the same lines

Macross Series

Ninja Scroll

Battle Royal High School

Battle Arena Toshiden(Sp?)

Blue Seed

Maps

Please Save My Earth <~ REALLY REALLY good

Gun Smith Cats <~ Girls with big guns, Plus they drive a NICE ASS Shelby GT500

Night Walker

Dark City

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Oh yeah.........almost ANY ninja anime has a great story line

There are alotta great anime's out there. As you can see... I'm an otaku =]

Eternal_240Sx
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Escaflowne is very good.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is also one of the best ive seen. (Very crazy ending)

MasterOFDrift
07-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Naruto (ninja anime)

Peacemaker Kuragane (however it is short, wish they gave it more episodes, this si a samurai type anime

Hunter X Hunter (action, special powers very good anime)

Ruroni Kenshin (samurai action very cool)

One Piece (very good, action adventure style pirates)

Shaman King (mystical powers type action pretty good series)

Prince of Tennis (lots of people like it lots of people hate it I persoanlly like it)

there are a lot more

personally i think DBZ is a terrible anime. terrible terrible. The characters kinda look cool i guess but the story moves to slow the action is too slow. Basically it is a childs anime compared to a lot of the other ones out there.

Azamunga Diaoh (cute girly type anime, however it was humorous)

mk20116
07-16-2004, 01:21 PM
serial experiment lain. - crazy storyline.
golden boy- bit ecchi though
bakaretsu hunter- eh comedy.. good though
hikaru no go- game of japanese go

and my all time favorite - lupin III, story about thieves and action.(old though)

mdzowner
07-16-2004, 01:46 PM
i think you all forgot AKIRA
mdzowner

Shin_Kudo
07-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Another great series to watch is Full Metal Panic. An odd combination of tactical action and high school humor comes together into one of my favorite all-time series.

This might get me some flak, but any car fan should watch Initial D. As unrealistic it is, it still has a great story, great voice acting and writing, and awesome music. Just make sure to watch the HK versions, not the horriffic tokyopop dub / edit.

If you liked Robotech, in addition to Macross (which I'm such a big fan of that I named myself after a character from Zero!), watch Mospeada and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. (The sources of the animation that became teh later thirds of Robotech)

Azumanaga Daioh seems at first glance like it should be uninteresting. After all, it's about a bunch of normal high school girls, right? But, for some reason, the series is incredible. I've watched the first DVD several times, it's so great. There's no way to explain why it's so good, though, you just have to watch it and see.

Everyone is watching Naruto and One Piece these days, neither of which I've seen, (My money goes to my car these days) but both are supposedly quite good.

citizen
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
nobody mentioned full metal alchemist which i happen to think is the overall most consitanly good series coming out right now. and something not a lot of people watch but i find the symbolism to be intriguing is melody of oblivion. it has an eva-esque feel. anyways one piece > naruto, the first season of naruto was great but its not as good as it once was. one piece has some of the most memorable characters, case in point: Bon clay, Jango, chopper, etc... "one two JANGOOOOO!"

theronin
07-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Berserk

u dont need anything else

drift into a curb
07-16-2004, 07:11 PM
PING PONG club, those guys are hilarious.

For Kenshin, only the first two seasons box sets are good, all the way up to the fight with Shishio. The rest is crap.

mk20116
07-16-2004, 09:46 PM
crayon shinchan- little kid oogling his "elephant"....classic.
samurai deep kyo
vision of escaflowne
flame of recca

there's more....can't think of them now...

No Motiv
07-16-2004, 11:12 PM
some of my favorites

dont flame you anime losers!!!

they are actually relatively known in the states

-Cowboy Bebop the movie!!....or series (movie is cheaper and better IMO)
-Orguss 02 (my #1)
-Venus wars
-Appleseed
-Ninja Scroll
- INTIAL D (duH!) :P

my 2 cents

S13Grl
07-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Sponge Bob Squarepants

:-D

cali240sxdrifter
07-17-2004, 12:19 AM
ex-Driver is a good one... as far as I know, I only got to download 5mins of the first one lol.
Get ready for Ghost In The Shell 2 this Sept, go see the trailer if you haven't yet. Looks awesome btw.

Jhay
07-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Naruto...do you also mean Hentai?

DrifTkInG180sX
07-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Naruto is the best...
Also Case Closed on Adult Swim on cartoon network...

Jhay
07-17-2004, 07:31 AM
Golden Boy is some good stuff as well..

nissantuner22
07-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Naruto= the best

Jhay
07-17-2004, 07:45 AM
You mean Naruto = teh best

95Blue240sx
07-17-2004, 10:22 AM
ill check out naruto and one piece.

Akira is pretty fucking cool =P

guyver is pretty damn dope, but like 4 eps meh!??

Shin_Kudo - i have all the original series on tape, as well as robotech. i cant understand the orig series becuase its all in japanese, no subtitle so that sucks.

how come no one is offering some BFG robot/mobile suit type shiet? more Mobile suit type please.

Jhay
07-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Its best if your doing it by bittorrent
http://animesuki.com/
is your friend :)

X-Iceman
07-17-2004, 12:00 PM
here is another good torrent site. http://www.downloadanime.org/ and most def. check out naruto. :-p

bik
07-17-2004, 12:20 PM
http://www.mirkx.com/1.php

this is a cool site, they have lisensed anime there, (initial D 4th stage) =P

all the anime u guys say are cool but u forget the new ones thn are still on air on japan are cool

-full metal alchemist
-samurai 7 (is awsome is made by akira kurosagua) O_O
-samuray champro (this is very cool, is the new anime from the same guys from cowboy beebop
-monster (is a very slow thriller, is like waching a mini series, is prety diferent)

cali240sxdrifter
07-17-2004, 03:58 PM
i wish i can get BT to work, but I can't find the right ports to download fast enough.

mk20116
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
i wish i can get BT to work, but I can't find the right ports to download fast enough.

aren't BT based on tit for tat.

i don't like the idea of opening up ports on my firewall to share.

newsgroups are much better, my friend has a 6mb connection and he downloads so much anime for about 15 bucks newsgroup registration fee.

HyperTek
07-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I jus got into Naruto.. luvin it.

I got all Initial D... umm im startin to see that its not all that great of an anime anymore.. it lacks finer details. But again, im not a anime nut, but I do like anime and want to watch more and get into em.

Its just that its soo expensive.. buyin dvds. I dont have broadband yet, so no bittorrant for me...

theronin
07-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Berserk

do it

kazuo
07-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Wow Gundam SEED is crap.

- Escaflowne
- Cowboy Bebop
- Bubble Gum Crisis
- My Youth in Arcadia (OWNS j0!*)(@)(*&#(*&($#739)
- Legend of Galactic Heroes
- ARJUNA (altho the ending eats balls, its still great...)
- NieA_7
- UC Gundam (Original/0080/0083/Z/Char; the rest of it sucks)
- Macross Summer '84 (aka the Macross Movie :D)
-Anything Miyazaki (esp. NAUSICAA and Porco Rosso)

and of course...

GIANT ROBO, THE BEST ANIME EVER MADE. PERIOD. FOREVER.

If you haven't seen ROBO you suck at life. :)

pallamas
07-19-2004, 06:26 PM
not sure if anyone has mentioned:

Fist of the North Star

There was a TV series, which I haven't seen, but the movie was pretty insane.

Golgo13: The professional

About a hitman, pretty cool plot IMO.

Any Miyazaki:
princess mononoke
My neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky (laputa)

And for the morbid:

Legend of the Overfiend

not something you want to watch more than once because it's so disturbing, but worth watching once just for pure shock value

Vampire hunter D

Not sure if this has been mentioned, it loks a bit dated, but the storyline is very good IMO.

And of course... Akira

hmooblis
07-21-2004, 06:34 AM
samuri kyo was good, i saw all 6 disk already... how do you get the torrents or what ever it is to work? ( from the sites posted)

95Blue240sx
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
you need a torrent program like ABC torrent. but all the site recommend you a torrent to use and link you to it. then just run the prgram and click on the link you want an wait...and wait...and wait for a couple of weeks for that damn anime to finish.

do you know the site to the pay newsgroups? i might be interested in that.

oojpeeoo
07-21-2004, 07:40 PM
whoah... naruto and haji mano ippo are both good but u guys all forgot about full metal alchemest .... if u think naruto is gud cheq out that one ^^

oojpeeoo
07-21-2004, 07:40 PM
whoah... naruto and haji mano ippo are both good but u guys all forgot about full metal alchemest .... if u think naruto is gud cheq out that one ^^

Eternal_240Sx
07-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Any Miyazaki:
princess mononoke
My neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky (laputa)

:rawk: yea those bring me back man... thanks

kandyflip445
07-22-2004, 05:59 PM
I liked Gasaraki. It's about robot like things that are kind of like Gundams but the first couple of episodes are very hard to get through, after those it picks up though. If you watch Ruruoni Kensin get the Samurai X OVA's. They are by FAR better than the series and they can be had a Wal-Mart. I also like Ninja Scroll cause it's a ninja anime and they are mostly very good as someone pointed out. The movie Perfect Blue is a good psych. thriller just like it says on the box.

ThatGuy
07-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Ghost in the Shell series is coming to Adult Swim soon.:rawk:

aznpoopy
07-23-2004, 08:54 AM
I liked Gasaraki. It's about robot like things that are kind of like Gundams but the first couple of episodes are very hard to get through, after those it picks up though. If you watch Ruruoni Kensin get the Samurai X OVA's. They are by FAR better than the series and they can be had a Wal-Mart. I also like Ninja Scroll cause it's a ninja anime and they are mostly very good as someone pointed out. The movie Perfect Blue is a good psych. thriller just like it says on the box.

samurai X rememberence OVA are RK and can't be appreciated fully unless you've watched the full anime up 2 shishio and read jinchuu arc of the manga (the OVAs are actually PART of the jinchuu arc of the manga). the second kenshin OVA is total BS (like the post shishio anime). that is not how the manga continuned after shishio and it is also not how the manga ended.

the original ninja scroll is simply classic.

if you get any anime please don't be a dolt and buy it from a store... that's the 240 equivilant of needing new suspension and buying OEM instead of aftermarket.

christopher
07-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai X - Trust, Betrayal
FLCL - funny as hell
Akira - everyone should own this. The new DVD version is crap.
Lain - if you want to be confused...
Ghost in the Shell