PDA

View Full Version : S14 Noise in rear end

Scratchoz
10-10-2014, 09:57 PM
A couple weeks ago I would hear a clicking noise in my passenger rear. at low speeds..Almost like a CV axle noise, or maybe a sticky caliper. I greased the slider pins and made sure everything was in working order and fastened correctly and no rubbing but it still persisted.

As of a couple days ago it seems another noise has appeared it sounds a lot more noticeable...it's like a really loud grinding/whirring and hard to describe. Before it would happen for a little while I would get on the highway and when I got off it would usually stop and only do the clicking noise at very low speeds that I could hear. Now it's anytime I'm driving. I've jacked the car up pulled on the wheel and other things to attempt to replicate the sound to no success. I did notice while driving on dirt or rocks before that wasn't a concrete or hard surface the noise disappeared so I don't think it's a wheel bearing as that's a completely different noise.

So that's the point I'm at, any help or suggestions would be cool! I'm also thinking as the time of writing this that the car sat for a while before I got it and my differential might be a source of some of the issues since the loud sound seems like it's in the more rear central area but still on the passenger side. I apologize for the wall of text I just want to get this sorted out.