PDA

View Full Version : coilover wont come!!! w pic

mhubeny180sx
10-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Ok, so I was in school last year and didnt have any tools with me in the city I was in school at and home was 600 miles away, so I decided id let the shop install my coilovers while they were doing other things to my car to get it a safety. Problem now is the collars are stuck and im trying to take them off to adjust ride height but the geniuses installed my strut bar on my coilover like this and the allen keys wont budge, and im scared to strip them, what should i do? They are pbm pros.

http://i.imgur.com/kKHz1sj.jpg

mhubeny180sx
10-07-2014, 02:47 PM
yea just took a grinder to them n cut them off half way an hammered on the remaining half with a flathead screwdriver.

Chaluska
10-08-2014, 10:50 PM
wtf, why the hell did they swap it over to use allen bolts?! thats fucking lame

i hope they didnt ruin the camber plates.

Go grab a 3/8 ratchet > hex set, and use your ratchet.. no reason they shouldnt come loose... those bolts should only be torqued to like 30 inch pounds.

eek
10-08-2014, 11:44 PM
So they took off the studs from the camber plate, used allen bolts to install your coilovers? WOW WTF I would seriously make sure I never go back there again. I would also make it a mission to inform others on yelp, forums where ever I can that this shop does hack jobs.

angel mkiv
10-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Yeah if possible I'd convert back to studs once your done.i seriously can't comprehend what was goin threw there heads when they installed Allen bolts there.