PDA

View Full Version : s14 fuel pump relay issue(no start)

rigopadilla707
10-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone. Im new to the forums here and im really hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get my issue fixed because im just stumped...First i wanna let everyone know what im working on. Im on working on my brothers 95 s14 that has an s13 sr20det that we dropped in. This is a long story so im just gonna cut to the chase. When we were first dropping in the engine, adjusting, and testing stuff on the car, the fuel pump primed and worked everytime the ign switch was turned, ok cool. So then we noticed the engine was running a little rough after we finally got it to run, and since it has some aftermarket stuff already on it and we are basically still in the experimental stage of things, i suggest that we remove the 520cc injectors it had and install the stock 370cc's and see how it ran. So we do that and try to start it...nothing... Cranks over but we arent getting fuel pressure. So we put the original 520cc's back on and give it a try....only crank but no start. So now im like...WTF??.. So i begin to investigate and find out that the fuel relay isnt clicking. So i ground the blk/pnk wire and boom...the pump works. So now i know that the relay isnt being grounded by the ecu. So jump over to examine the ecu and conclude that the ecu grounds the circuit when the ign key switch is in the ACC position. But when i turn it to the ON position...it stops grounding....weird. So i try it again with the relay removed from the socket, and now when i test the wires, the ecu grounds the blk/pnk wire in the ON position like it should. So now im confused and not sure why the ecu is not grounding the circuit when there is a relay plugged into the socket. Also, i have already checked the ecu grounds and they are all good. All fuses are good too. Any help would be highly appreciated.

OnTheChip
10-08-2014, 03:01 PM
The ECU grounds the fuel pump relay when the ignition is turned ON, but will turn it back off after 5 seconds if the engine isn't cranked. Turn the IGN switch OFF, then back ON to run the fuel pump relay again.