PDA

View Full Version : Carbonetic 1.5 Way in Z32 Pumpkin: Output Yokes?

IslandBoy
10-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, this is my first "technical" post and I've been doing my fare share of research on how to resolve my problem, but I'm hoping maybe some of you guys can help me out as I am slowly in a time crunch. My situation is as follows.

I have a Carbonetic 1.5 Way LSD unit that I recently swapped to replace the VLSD carrier in my Z32 pumpkin. I have the typical Z32 N/A R200 setup in my S14: a J30 output shaft on the driver's side and what I believe to be a Z32 output shaft on the passenger side. (Both are the 5 bolt flange style)

The output yokes that I was using in my VLSD were the stock z32 ones, 5 bolt/5flange yokes, with a smaller diameter on the spline side. The Carbonetic LSD I purchased came with the traditional 6 bolt/3 flange yokes, which has splines that are slight larger in diameter than the Z32 yokes. (mmm girthy)

Does anybody know of compatible output yokes that are the same diameter (on the spline side) as the traditional S14, as well as 5 flange/ 5 bolt style?

Sorry I don't have pics, or a spline count for that fact, it's about 50 degrees outside and I couldn't take being outside after becoming frustrated with the splines being non-compatible.

Thanks a lot for the help in advanced fellas. aaaand just for the record, I am using the living hell out of the "Search feature" as we speak lol

IslandBoy
10-05-2014, 09:50 AM
I just took a measurement. The output flanges in my diff using the VLSD were 30mm x 29 splined 5 bolt yokes. The flanges that I NEED are 31mm x 30 spline 5 bolt yokes.

Does anybody know what type of vehicle uses those off the top of their head, or know of ones that I can use that will work?