PDA

View Full Version : brake pedal switch

jdm styles
09-23-2014, 11:16 PM
so i wired my car with a painless kit . my brake light always stays on when lights are on ! they turn off when i press the brake pedal down . tired reversing the wires but didnt work . so i need a switch that is opposite to that . turns brake lights on when pedal is pushed ...

pvtdynamite
09-24-2014, 10:18 PM
I had a factory harness (wanna make that clear).
One day I woke up to a dead battery... I found the culprit to be my brake light switch was always on. I replaced it (and my now fucked battery) and the brake lights stayed on. I did all kinds of crazy shit tryin to figure out what was wrong with this thing.
After several hours of searching, I found a rubber grommet in the floorboard of my car. It was meant to be in a hole in the brake pedal where the switch button would press against when you pressed the brakes. (Because it had fell out the button went through the hole and never turned the brake lights off) omg this is so hard to explain... I hope you are following.
Anyway. I threw the grommet away and put a rivet in its place and have never had a problem with it since.
Good luck! I HATE electrical probs!!!