View Full Version : Low clutch pressure and won't shift?

s13Yoon
09-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Recently did a 300zx front caliper swap bleed it etc. done.
Now my clutch pressure is low and it won't shift into gear while the motor is running? Any clues? Need to bleed the clutch too? Fork dying? flywheel dying? Help!

zchdrl
09-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Check to make sure the clutch fork is on properly

brndck
09-23-2014, 02:43 PM
wait a second, how would a brake swap affect clutch pressure? they're separate systems, ya know.

you should start by inspecting the hydraulics system for the clutch. many times the slave cylinder will leak, causing low pressure in the system, and eventual failure. you can replace just the slave, but it is highly recommended to replace slave and master at the same time. and then, yes. you must bleed the system.

s13Yoon
09-23-2014, 02:47 PM
wait a second, how would a brake swap affect clutch pressure? they're separate systems, ya know.

you should start by inspecting the hydraulics system for the clutch. many times the slave cylinder will leak, causing low pressure in the system, and eventual failure. you can replace just the slave, but it is highly recommended to replace slave and master at the same time. and then, yes. you must bleed the system.

I thought the brake and clutch shared a master cylinder for fluid.... Guess I'm just dumb. :ugh: Guess I'll lift it up and see what's going on with the slave later this weekend.

murda-c
09-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Before you do that....look and see if you have fluid in your clutch master cylinder resevoir. It's just below the brake booster towards the fender.

If not, you've got a leak.

First place to check is the the firewall behind the master cylinder, both on the interior near the clutch pedal, and in the engine bay.

My master cylinder failed and spewed brake fluid on my suede shoes...

s13Yoon
09-23-2014, 03:39 PM
clutch cylinder resevoir has a good amount of fluid in it but there is a wet spot under the car, assuming it's from the slave cylinder.