PDA

View Full Version : CaTalyst.X

anti tyler
09-12-2014, 02:03 PM
NOT RECOMMENDED

I want to give a small background before I dive into this review, I don't want to open up ranting and raving like a child.

I joined this forum in later 2008 while gearing up to leave training for the navy and head to my first ship command. Over these 6 years I've done literally tons of business on this forum, I thank the management dearly for allowing us to use the marketplace as a resource for all things automotive. That being said, I've been around for 6 years. Six. And in those six years I've had ZERO incidents with buyers/sellers. Not a single problem. Until now

Over the past 2 months I've been watching the marketplace for a complete AC setup. (under hood components only)
I came across this seller with everything I needed. We talked briefly about a price shipped and agreed on $160 (granted I believe he undershot the shipping on it)
I paid happily, expecting to be provided a tracking number within at least 48 hours as it was a good size amount of stuff to ship, yet that's a pretty big dollar amount purchase so I expected a little urgency in it being shipped.

Price was agreed on the 18th of August.

Money was sent on the 22nd of August.

I finally get a reply on the 27th of August saying the tracking numbers will be provided tomorrow the 28th.

I got irritated and requested a refund on the 1st of September but felt like shit and decided to just have him ship it (which he hadn't done yet)

To which he replies
I can drop them in the mail or refund you. I am sorry for the delay but it was a lot harder to ship this shit than I had originally anticipated. I don't often ship this sort of thing. It cost me about $80 in labels and boxes so $165 is a great deal.

I immediately think to myself, I ship things constantly through both here and eBay, I undershoot shipping on a regular basis, but I don't make complaints to my customers that they're getting a great deal just because I made a mistake and undershot the cost. That's not my fault so why treat it as such?

After nagging I finally got tracking numbers on the 8th, showing the items ended up being shipped on the 5th finally.

Only to find that it was missing pieces.

Long story short, I don't recommend buying from this seller personally. I pray that this be the only scenario like this that I have. I guess 1 issue in 6 years is a good record but you never know.

/endrant
-Ty

CBAL
09-12-2014, 05:08 PM
live and learn.
i dont buy used parts on forums unless 1.meet in person 2.parts under 100$.
Not that entire forum is shit but so much shaddy ppl and ppl with dumb excuses.
sad but what u expect from 240 forum really

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
09-12-2014, 10:06 PM
What year car you looking for ac stuff for and I'll assume kade I'll hook it up for you if you need the year I got