PDA

View Full Version : S14 HKS Silent Hi-Power/HKS Sport Exhaust

StuckeyOG
09-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Hey Zilvians I'm currently looking to purchase an exhaust system for my Zenki. I was wondering if anyone had personal experience as to differences in volume and tone between these two exhausts?

I'm not asking about the normal HKS Hi-Power Exhaust I'm talking about the JDM version with the large muffler near the cat. I live in California and don't want to get pulled over but want a more noticeable deeper tone and a little performance gain never hurts. Also, in the distant future I may be going KA-T so I don't believe the 3" piping should be too bad as both have pretty sizeable mufflers.

The reason I ask is my friend used to have a coupe with a HKS Hi-Power with a High Flow cat, pacesetter headers, and a no name intake and he was getting pulled over frequently. Once we cruised by a cop that had someone else pulled over and they pulled away crossed 4 lanes to follow us in the left turn lane and when he barely feathered the gas to get it going around the corner they lit us up, trying to avoid this as it's my daily and I don't need that kind of attention :down:

solo_ryder
09-07-2014, 10:32 PM
I have no experience with either but there are other options out there that are quiet as well... Apexi noir, blitz realize TT.. etc

I know the diameter on the hipwr silent is 2.5, going to 3" usually will make the car louder, 2.5 will help tone it down some. 2.5" will still work fine on a low boost ka-t

stigo
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
I have the hks super dragger exhaust in my S13. I had a ka24de and it was really quiet from what i remember. I had the muffler near the cat replaced with a pipe and it became deep and throaty. When you stepped on it, you could say it was loud. Now, I have an sr20 and its sounds really nice. Not loud at all.

e1_griego
09-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I have the HKS sport on my daily driver s13 hatch. It's not OEM 1.75" exhaust quiet, but it's pretty darn quiet and doesn't look obvious as a 3" exhaust at all. For the price, can't be beat. I have an Apexi Hybrid Megaphone on my coupe and it's definitely louder than the HKS sport.

StuckeyOG
10-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Okay so I'm pretty set on the HKS Sport exhaust for my lowkey exhaust. Does anyone have input on how loud it is in comparison to a HKS Super Drager exhaust on a NA KA?