PDA

View Full Version : going through injectors

Srjustin
09-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey I have a s13 with a sr20det stock except bolt ons 7psi and no tune. I have driven the car for 3 years no problems till now. So bout a month ago it started missing and it was my Injector. Changed it woth one from my friend and week later went out again, so I figured I got a bad one. Just changed it out 2weeks ago amd now its out again. And this is all happening only in my last cylinder. Also I changed the spark plugs last Time I did the injector.

Fyi frist time it went out it was not putting fuel out second time amd third time its just dumping fuel. Also when I replaced them it was 2 used injectors but I dont think both should have went out.

Primo's Silvia
09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
I personally am not to familiar with this problem, but i heard the same issue with a guys g35 and it end up being a ground?
Check the harness plug when connected with a multi-meter i believe the FSM shows what Ohms it should be pulsating at.

Srjustin
09-04-2014, 06:40 PM
What if I swap that injector out and it runs fine again? Then what does that mean? Im starting to think a fuel map went out in the ecu from research but idk how to test that but swap ecu woth a friend.

Chaluska
09-04-2014, 07:28 PM
you went from a old injector, to a used injector, and wonder why it failed?

try getting a NEW injector...

Srjustin
09-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I went threw 2 used in a month from 2 different sr cars. So I dont think its the fact there used.

Srjustin
09-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Ok so a little update. I switched the bad injector with another one to make sure it was bad. So I started the car and it took a sec for it to start, but when it did it ran ok and you could not tell it was missing. So I drove it around the block. When I got home it was missing a little so I unplugged the injector that I though was bad and it ran about the same. When I unplugged the injector that I thought was good it ran worse . So that means that injector is leaking fuel? Could I really have gotten 2 bad injectors from 2 different friends? The o ring on bottom was ripped when I pulled it out. Or is my car some how killing injectors only in that one cylinder?

kruked
09-05-2014, 11:54 PM
This is all happening only in my last cylinder.
The first time it went out, it was not putting fuel out. Second time and third time, it's just dumping fuel. Also, when I replaced them, it was w/ 2 used injectors, but I don't think both should have went out.The bottom O-ring was ripped when I pulled it out. Or is my car some how killing injectors only in that one cylinder?

The answer lies right there, dude. You're apparently ripping the lower O-ring when installing the new-to-you injector.
Use some Vaseline, finesse and patience to HAND SEAT the injector first. When you finally get around to fastening the cap back on, don't fully tighten one side first. Do a couple/few turns per side at a time.

Srjustin
09-05-2014, 11:59 PM
I have been tightening evenly. I did not put Vaseline on I will try that this week. ! Thanx I have a few extra injectors.

kruked
09-06-2014, 11:15 AM
You don't have to be too cautious when lubing w/ Vaseline, it's petroleum based, so you'll be fine, just be careful not to clog the pintel cap area

Srjustin
09-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Ok and yeah I started thinking maybe the frist one did just happen to get bad. Then when I put the last one in I ripped the o ring setting.