PDA

View Full Version : The "Destiny" Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

One_love_silvia
08-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Alright guys, I don't see one of these up, so I'm making it. All things Destiny related go here. I'll start off my introducing myself and what I'll be playing.

My names Matt, and my GT is S14zenkiLove on xbox 360. I'll be playing an Awoken Warlock, and probably an Exo Hunter as well. Super stoked for this game.

I also have made a video that can be used on PC's as a screen saver.
The music wasnt really necessary for the screensaver, but it still makes the video cool :D
Wg6r0AzY9Pk

Download the video using 4K Video Downloader, and make sure to save it as an MP4. Then open it with Windows Movie Maker and save as a WMV. Following that, go into your screen saver settings, choose the Photo Gallery in the scroll down menu. Click settings, and browse for the folder file is in that you saved as a WMV. NOTE: THIS MUST BE THE ONLY VIDEO IN THE FOLDER, OR IT WILL PLAY ALL VISUAL MEDIA IN THE FOLDER. Change the theme to fade, and call it a day.

You can also use this one someone else made (I slowed it down, and enhanced it) if you want this one instead.
sNQESlRA1EE

OR you can put both in a folder, and your screen saver will run both!

here's a pic of my Warlock and Titan from beta:

Warlock
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/deathsreaper200/Screenshot_2014-07-29-01-46-58_zpsv8nkfimx.png (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/deathsreaper200/media/Screenshot_2014-07-29-01-46-58_zpsv8nkfimx.png.html)

Titan
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/deathsreaper200/Screenshot_2014-07-29-01-47-33_zpse2gqjepa.png (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/deathsreaper200/media/Screenshot_2014-07-29-01-47-33_zpse2gqjepa.png.html)

theronin
08-27-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm on xbox one, rolling Hunter. Xbl name ronine

So stoked for this played the hell outta the beta. Got a pretty lock down stray for taking out that damn spider tank too

tricky_ab
08-27-2014, 06:16 PM
I didn't play the beta, but I've got this pre-ordered for the PS4...

One_love_silvia
08-27-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm on xbox one, rolling Hunter. Xbl name ronine

So stoked for this played the hell outta the beta. Got a pretty lock down stray for taking out that damn spider tank too

you talkin about the random event one in old russia? or the one in the spiders lair?

the one in the lair took forEVER to kill. and when my buddy and i did that mission, the freakin 3rd guy who joined us left, so we had to duo it. i think the spider part took like 40 minutes alone. we had to play hella careful in order to not die. went out of ammo quite a few times.

and the other room where the enemies just keep on spawning.... that took like 6 tries at least. freakin hard as shit with 2 people man.

EnemyS15
08-27-2014, 07:25 PM
xbone1 = napalmiscandy

I will be running a hunter

theronin
08-27-2014, 07:36 PM
you talkin about the random event one in old russia? or the one in the spiders lair?

the one in the lair took forEVER to kill. and when my buddy and i did that mission, the freakin 3rd guy who joined us left, so we had to duo it. i think the spider part took like 40 minutes alone. we had to play hella careful in order to not die. went out of ammo quite a few times.

and the other room where the enemies just keep on spawning.... that took like 6 tries at least. freakin hard as shit with 2 people man.
The one in the lair. Cleared multiple times 2 and 3 man. There is a "hallway" on each side of him. 1 guy goes in each, his pattern is fairly predictable you just need to clear his huge blast radius shot thing. He takes so much time to acquire a target between the 2 of you on each side, just keep unloading on his legs which are his crit spots. Then when u shatter a leg n he goes down, throw a nade whip out ur Heavy weapon or use ur special and unload on his neck. If ya run out of ammo you have 2 choices, either make the run into the middle of the map to kill the elites, which usually doesn't fair to well, or just go down and immediately respawn. You respawn with ammo and get right back to your spot. You can time when each of you goes down to maximize damage on him. Just make sure 1 is always in a safe spot so u won't have to restart the event. He's a bitch to take down and this method still takes some time, but we had a very high success rate once we all got on the same page. I hope they design bosses different than this, both him and the eye thing after aren't tough perse, they are just tedious. Massive hit points and predictable patterns are meh.

One_love_silvia
08-27-2014, 10:39 PM
The one in the lair. Cleared multiple times 2 and 3 man. There is a "hallway" on each side of him. 1 guy goes in each, his pattern is fairly predictable you just need to clear his huge blast radius shot thing. He takes so much time to acquire a target between the 2 of you on each side, just keep unloading on his legs which are his crit spots. Then when u shatter a leg n he goes down, throw a nade whip out ur Heavy weapon or use ur special and unload on his neck. If ya run out of ammo you have 2 choices, either make the run into the middle of the map to kill the elites, which usually doesn't fair to well, or just go down and immediately respawn. You respawn with ammo and get right back to your spot. You can time when each of you goes down to maximize damage on him. Just make sure 1 is always in a safe spot so u won't have to restart the event. He's a bitch to take down and this method still takes some time, but we had a very high success rate once we all got on the same page. I hope they design bosses different than this, both him and the eye thing after aren't tough perse, they are just tedious. Massive hit points and predictable patterns are meh.

100% agree. i was just thinking about that earlier too. he wasn't exactly tough. just took FOREVER to kill. needed a serious hp reduction. the eye wasn't so bad because you could actually deal a lot of dmg to it, but it seemed like the spider took reduced dmg as well.

JDMB0iKT
08-27-2014, 11:18 PM
I'll be getting it for PS4.

PSN: kevtronzero

gazingelec
08-31-2014, 09:49 AM
the spider part took like 40 minutes alone. we had to play hella careful in order to not die. went out of ammo quite a few times.http://goo.gl/0AtosF

One_love_silvia
09-03-2014, 01:00 AM
check out this drawing I made of a warlock! :D
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/deathsreaper200/IMG_20140902_205751_zpsml85cbe7.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/deathsreaper200/media/IMG_20140902_205751_zpsml85cbe7.jpg.html)

Future240
09-03-2014, 06:42 AM
I'm intrigued about this game. I really hope it comes to PC.

One_love_silvia
09-04-2014, 11:14 PM
here's another drawing I did
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/deathsreaper200/CAM00932_zpseckov4z_edit_1409892689507_zps3fxlf0ls .jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/deathsreaper200/media/CAM00932_zpseckov4z_edit_1409892689507_zps3fxlf0ls .jpg.html)

86is300
09-05-2014, 01:39 PM
ill be on xbox360, since everyone else i know isnt build streetslayers, they are on xbox one and ill be looking for people to play with... hit me up! slammeddrifter, yea name sucks but it was 3am and i wasnt very creative

LoneStarSilvia
09-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Pre-ordered the special edition Destiny bundled PS4. I'll be LoneStarS30Z

dpak
09-10-2014, 11:41 PM
sooo.. now that the game is out.. who is actually playing?
I got the bundle pack at midnight and have been playing on and off.
Level 11 so far, but I'm fucking terrible (I am NOT a gamer at all)

I dislike the fact that you can't talk to your teammates when you're playing a Control match...
Especially because I have no friends on psn..
I'm a noob, but if you want to carry me on your team, my psn : moarpowerr

theronin
09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
It's fun. Heard level cap is 20, not too happy about that. I'm 18, last night did one of the 3 man strike missions. Took us 3 hours.... think the spider tank, with 5 times the hitpoints. Then after you get through him, another dude with heat seeking misses with prob 8 times the hitpoints. Ammo consumption I'd a huge issue in this game, in a shooter where bosses have a metric fuckton of HP, having to time when someone is gonna die to get back ammo is straight up bad design. That needs to be addressed.

Weapon variety is ok, I don't really know why anyone would run a secondary that isn't a Fusion rifle, it's ability to drop Wizards and Knights shields just shits all over any sniper or shotty imo. It's a Bungie game, so following in Halos footsteps, melee is INCREDIBLY over powered.

Weapon diversity is meh. Billing this as a Borderlands esq game is laughable. You have the same vanilla gun categories; single shot scout head shot machines. Full auto gun, 3 round burst gun, and the pistol. No real game changer yet...

2 biggest wtf gripes my friends and I have.... why can't I reload when sprinting???? Like seriously why? What is the purpose behind this archaic mechanic that really slows down the action. So dumb.
Next, why did they not just map weapon switching to the D pad, and ditch the retarded emoticons? 3 weapons on 1 button? Who thought this was a good idea? Like really who? Hold down Y for ur Heavy? Just copy how Borderlands does it. The ability to map each gun to up, down, left/right. The action would work soooo much better.

That's my quick rundown of bitches about the game. I'll still play the shit out of it, but goddammit I'll complain about the straight up boneheadedness all the while.

Cheers Guardians

ZenkiKid
09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
For those who havent picked up a copy yet for PS4 heres a kick ass deal for it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879221283

Comes with a free headset. I hopped on this deal.

acslater9
09-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Any other quickie reviews? I'm thinking of getting this game, was it worth it?

az_240
09-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Been playing this at a friends house on his xbox 1. It's pretty badass. If you're into first person shooter games... especially halo, then it's worth it. My only issue is the lack of maps available but I imagine more will be released soon.

Future240
09-13-2014, 11:19 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/destiny/

ZenkiKid
09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
MMO + Halo = Destiny.

Anybody wanna help me level up on ps4?

PSN: KidKato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One_love_silvia
09-15-2014, 05:53 PM

just find a place to rent the game and try it for yourself. most of the reviews on this game are coming from idiots expecting way more than they should be. not only that, but they're acting like this is all the content this game is gunna have. content is going to be continually released through free patches every so often. the game just came out and its already getting more content added on sometime this month. the first raid opens tomorrow.

sure it has it's problems, but its way better than any other fps game out there atm. it's the first fucking fps since black hawk down that actually has spawn armor, and it's one of the only ones (if not the only one) to have zero spawn camping. sure, a spawn kill happens very rarely, but it's impossible to camp a specific spawn point.

AFSil80
09-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Stupid question...should I buy this game for Xbox 360? Or just hold out until I decide to buy a PS4?

stevenrapids
09-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Game is badass!! think of Halo on steriods. Im playing as a titan. I'm only a level 13 but I have been playing with my buddies who are 20 and up and it is hard as shit. I've been told you can level up past level 20, but you don't level up by experience, you level up by armor. Almost done with Venus about to move onto Mars. This game is so addicting.

dpak
09-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Game is badass!! think of Halo on steriods. Im playing as a titan. I'm only a level 13 but I have been playing with my buddies who are 20 and up and it is hard as shit. I've been told you can level up past level 20, but you don't level up by experience, you level up by armor. Almost done with Venus about to move onto Mars. This game is so addicting.

I'm a Level 21 Titan right now, and it's true about not leveling up with experience after level 20.
You level up solely based on the amount of light in your armor.
Do those bounties!! I was dumb and kept playing at the crucible when I could've been getting extra experience and reputation while doing so!
(Even if you have enough crucible/vanguard marks, you have to be a rank 2 to get any items! so start your bounties now)

Also, anyone have any exotic gear yet?
I only have one legendary gun so far, and it's a machine gun.. lol

ZenkiKid
09-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Currently level 16 Hunter

Who wants to help me boost through Mars?

Campaign is freaking tough if youre alone or with idiots who dont know how to work as a team.

theronin
09-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Currently level 16 Hunter

Who wants to help me boost through Mars?

Campaign is freaking tough if youre alone or with idiots who dont know how to work as a team.

Um no offense, the game is easier solo. don't have to worry about keeping teammates alive, and the enemies aren't scaled to accommodate multiple players. But yes with randoms who don't talk I can imagine that would be eye gougingly frustrating. HIGH END CONTENT NEEDS GOOD COMMUNICATION, make some friends online asap or you will get left in the dust.

I've seen 1 guy with 2 exotic pieces of armor/weapons, only ignited my desire to play more. That shit looked so rad. They patching in the first raid today and I couldn't be happier. Finally can have a fire team of more than 3 so I can accommodate all my real life friends who play.

stevenrapids
09-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Um no offense, the game is easier solo. don't have to worry about keeping teammates alive, and the enemies aren't scaled to accommodate multiple players. But yes with randoms who don't talk I can imagine that would be eye gougingly frustrating. HIGH END CONTENT NEEDS GOOD COMMUNICATION, make some friends online asap or you will get left in the dust.

I've seen 1 guy with 2 exotic pieces of armor/weapons, only ignited my desire to play more. That shit looked so rad. They patching in the first raid today and I couldn't be happier. Finally can have a fire team of more than 3 so I can accommodate all my real life friends who play.

You can now have a fireteam of more than 3? that would be badass considering we always have to leave one of our friends out. I do not have any legendary items but ive seen a few friends with them. Some of the bounties are rough though. I've been trying to get the melee one for awhile now.

One question. Do you get different engrams while using different primary weapons? I use an auto rifle and always get green engrams, but my buddies use hand cannons and get blue engrams and a few have gotten purple engrmas(legendary stuff).

stevenrapids
09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Or do engrams have to do with your level and i get the green ones due to being a lower level? Any insight?

ZenkiKid
09-16-2014, 01:43 PM

You think so? I find the game tougher and not as fun if I am alone. Its a pretty awesome game when you fireteam with a bunch of buddies.

me and a friend kept getting paired up with an idiot during strikes and he literally didnt do shit except constantly get killed.

deolio
09-16-2014, 03:31 PM
i'm level 16 and have been playing alone. it's all been easy as hell. it gets intense at times, but i just run/jetpack away like a little bitch until my shield and grenade recharges and then go fuck shit up.

i've put all my shit to as much armor as possible. i hardly use storm fist or whatever so idgaf about recharge time for melee.

the story bothers me. it's always the same shit; fight your way into some place, hack in with the ghost, fend off a couple waves of enemies, kill a boss, the end. and the no respawn points bother me. it just seems like they're trying to troll people. there's nothing that pisses me off more than to get far in a mission, accidentally fall off a cliff while dicking around and have to start all the way over for no damn reason. it hasn't happened yet, but i know when it does i'll probably stop playing for a few days lol

it is a lot of fun though and i never play fps games. i'm sure once i get a couple friends playing and they add more content it will become even more amazing.

stevenrapids
09-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Definitely 10x better when playing with friends.

One_love_silvia
09-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm a Level 21 Titan right now, and it's true about not leveling up with experience after level 20.
You level up solely based on the amount of light in your armor.
Do those bounties!! I was dumb and kept playing at the crucible when I could've been getting extra experience and reputation while doing so!
(Even if you have enough crucible/vanguard marks, you have to be a rank 2 to get any items! so start your bounties now)

Also, anyone have any exotic gear yet?
I only have one legendary gun so far, and it's a machine gun.. lol
i got the SUROS Regime from my first legendary engram from PVP
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/deathsreaper200/PhotoGrid_1410507993874_zpsjyqqwdir.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/deathsreaper200/media/PhotoGrid_1410507993874_zpsjyqqwdir.jpg.html)

http://www.destinypedia.com/images/4/44/Suros_Regime.jpg
Or do engrams have to do with your level and i get the green ones due to being a lower level? Any insight?
its completely random, but there does seem to be a point where they start dropping more often. legendary engrams are very seldom

You think so? I find the game tougher and not as fun if I am alone. Its a pretty awesome game when you fireteam with a bunch of buddies.

me and a friend kept getting paired up with an idiot during strikes and he literally didnt do shit except constantly get killed.

its definitely more fun with friends. i wont even do strikes without at least one buddy. pvp is typically better solo imo though because my friends suck ass at it hahaha

theronin
09-16-2014, 08:47 PM
You can now have a fireteam of more than 3? that would be badass considering we always have to leave one of our friends out. I do not have any legendary items but ive seen a few friends with them. Some of the bounties are rough though. I've been trying to get the melee one for awhile now.

One question. Do you get different engrams while using different primary weapons? I use an auto rifle and always get green engrams, but my buddies use hand cannons and get blue engrams and a few have gotten purple engrmas(legendary stuff).
You will be able to have a bigger fire team for the Raids that are coming out. Nothing else. If you are familiar with MMO's, raids are typically much harder than other content and require advanced strategies and superb communication. Will be interesting to see how Destiny pulls off a decent raid. For example, in WoW a raid such as Onyxias Lair, when it first came out, took many high end guilds multiple tries and wipes to figure out how to beat it. Generally they took 60 people, all on the same page and 1 mess up meant 3 hours of wasted time for everyone. Just youtube Raid Rage and you will get some quality stuff on there of people wigging the fuck out on someone. Hell, the famous Leroy Jenkins is a prime example of this.

ZenkiKid, yes the game is easier, although you simply cannot do somethings without a fireteam, but it is definitely more fun with friends. The mandatory dance party after clearing the Boss in any level always brings some laughs. If you were on xbox one I would say u can add me and all my friends, all super chill and always up for a laugh.

Feel free to ask away about the game, if we keep an open discussion going we can all learn and help each other succeed.

Hunter for life!

tricky_ab
09-16-2014, 09:02 PM
The race to defeat Destiny's toughest challenge begins (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-16-the-race-to-defeat-destiny-toughest-challenge-begins)

The raid is called Vault of Glass and is only available to characters level 26 or higher. It also requires six players, and remember: all must be friends; there's no matchmaking for the raid.

Bungie has described the Raid as the hardest challenge available in the online first-person shooter so far, but the rewards are tantalising: there's a raid set of gear up for grabs, as well as high level materials.

"Not everyone will qualify," Bungie said. "Among those who do, not everyone will succeed. To even approach this trial of teamwork and combat, the Guardians in your Fireteam will need to be Level 26.

"Bring with you a team that has made the commitment to work together. Configure your loadouts so that you are powerful together in a variety of ways. Communicate with each other. The Raid will demand that you operate as a team. Cooperation is the key to your success."

Bungie added that it is unlikely players will finish the raid in one sitting. Your progress will be saved for one week, but to resume your mission where you left off, you need to follow the same Fireteam leader.

stevenrapids
09-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Anyone wanna give some insight on the different ways to obtain legendary weapons/armor? There are so many aspects to the game that I have no idea about at this point.

theronin
09-16-2014, 09:29 PM
The race to defeat Destiny's toughest challenge begins (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-16-the-race-to-defeat-destiny-toughest-challenge-begins)
Yup, sounds about right. Can't wait for the frustration.

ZenkiKid
09-17-2014, 01:52 PM
HOLY CRAP. It took that team almost 11 hours

This must be how they looked like:

http://it-lex.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/southparkwarcraft.png

"MOM! MORE HOT POCKETS!"

theronin
09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
It's grueling doing end tier content. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. 11 hours is insane. Someone will figure out how to beat it faster and that will permeate the Internet then it will be the norm. Then the next raid will drop, wash, rinse, repeat

ZenkiKid
09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
I should be lvl 20 by Friday night. Cant wait to upgrade to light

theronin
09-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Been delving into the Crucible more, so far I've got 2 purples and about 8 blues from about 2 hours of play, not to mention the rep. You don't have to do well to get gear, just play. Slowly getting my team up to 26 in prep for the raid.

LoneStarSilvia
09-19-2014, 07:53 AM
What class and subclass are you guys liking so far?

Still waiting for my pre-order to show up here in Japan, I watched the class break downs, but still can't decide what I like. Thinking Warlock and VoidWalker

ZenkiKid
09-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Been delving into the Crucible more, so far I've got 2 purples and about 8 blues from about 2 hours of play, not to mention the rep. You don't have to do well to get gear, just play. Slowly getting my team up to 26 in prep for the raid.

Crucible is tough for the hunter class. Titans have the advantage due to their shield

theronin
09-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Crucible is tough for the hunter class. Titans have the advantage due to their shield

Just no. I can wipe an entire team with my Arc Blade spec Hunter. Seen 2 Titans with shield in all my playtime in crucible, we just avoid him until it's gone. I'd rather a shield spec Titan than that ridiculous stomp they always use. The cooldown on specials is so big they are hardly the deciding factor in Crucible, it's map knowledge, and how well you can shoot/maneuver. If you haven't adjusted your sensitivity on your sticks yet, you may want to look into that. big difference in who gets the kill by being able to turn faster. If there was a setting higher than 10 I'd be all over it.

dpak
09-19-2014, 07:29 PM
FINALLY! LEVEL 24! Anyone else level 24 or higher?
I want to attempt a raid.. but I don't have enough friends that are level 24 yet..

Also, I was super confused when they gave me a bounty to complete Salvage matches,
and we can't even do them anymore.. :facepalm:
I hope they work that out soon, I heard they're really fun.

theronin
09-19-2014, 10:15 PM
I want to attempt a raid.. but I don't have enough friends that are level 24 yet..

Also, I was super confused when they gave me a bounty to complete Salvage matches,
Salvage matches don't exist yet. I'm lvl 25 and I got 4 real life friends, all 24+ you on xbox or ps?

JDMB0iKT
09-19-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm a level 25 Hunter

I would be down to do a raid with you, just gotta find more people for the fireteam.

I'm on PS4 btw.

theronin
09-19-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm a level 25 Hunter

I would be down to do a raid with you, just gotta find more people for the fireteam.

I'm on PS4 btw.
I'm on xboxone. Anyone who wants to add me feel free gamertag: ronine

One_love_silvia
09-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Salvage matches don't exist yet. I'm lvl 25 and I got 4 real life friends, all 24+ you on xbox or ps?
they exist, theyre just an event weekend thing on certain weekends.

im lvl 26

riiiight...while i agree titans are broken, so are bladedancers.
Just no. I can wipe an entire team with my Arc Blade spec Hunter. Seen 2 Titans with shield in all my playtime in crucible, we just avoid him until it's gone. I'd rather a shield spec Titan than that ridiculous stomp they always use. The cooldown on specials is so big they are hardly the deciding factor in Crucible, it's map knowledge, and how well you can shoot/maneuver. If you haven't adjusted your sensitivity on your sticks yet, you may want to look into that. big difference in who gets the kill by being able to turn faster. If there was a setting higher than 10 I'd be all over it.

yes shoulder charge is broken as fuck. my titan buddy said it has no cd...

One_love_silvia
09-20-2014, 03:51 PM
What class and subclass are you guys liking so far?

Still waiting for my pre-order to show up here in Japan, I watched the class break downs, but still can't decide what I like. Thinking Warlock and VoidWalker

voidwalker sucks. either go sunsinger or a diff class. atm with hunters and titans being op as hell, even though warlocks are balanced, theyre very underpowered compared to the other two

theronin
09-20-2014, 10:32 PM
voidwalker sucks. either go sunsinger or a diff class. atm with hunters and titans being op as hell, even though warlocks are balanced, theyre very underpowered compared to the other two

PvP isn't that reliant on supers. They account for maybe 30% of deaths I'd say. It's all in the hands of the player and their gun/melee play. I've seen warlocks take out 4-5 guys in control in 1 hit many a times. I can't stress enough how important upping your sensitivity is guys. You can really tell who has it upped and who doesn't pretty quickly. if I can do a 180 half a second before you, guess who's getting sent to respawn? It takes some adjustment, but once you get used to it you will wish you could crank it past 10

O$mo
09-21-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm level 8, and so far been killing it on my own, but i can tell im going to need a squad when its going to get real

ZenkiKid
09-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I spent my whole day farming yesterday for the first time and I didnt get any legedary engrams.

But it was able to boost me up to level 20 quickly. Besides rare engrams farming is a sure fire way to level up fast

I learned yesterday when I fireteamed with somebody that you are the only one who can see the engrams if you get the kill. I thought this whole time everybody sees them.

EnemyS15
09-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Im stuck at level 28... need those damn ascendent shards and powers to level my gear past 28.

Started a warlock to get shards and powers easier. That way i can feed them to my main hunter

theronin
09-21-2014, 09:50 PM
I spent my whole day farming yesterday for the first time and I didnt get any legedary engrams.

But it was able to boost me up to level 20 quickly. Besides rare engrams farming is a sure fire way to level up fast

I learned yesterday when I fireteamed with somebody that you are the only one who can see the engrams if you get the kill. I thought this whole time everybody sees them.
Yeah, if u can see it, it's yours. Eliminates ninja looters. Took my friends and I a whole to get used to it.

AlexG
09-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Honestly I was expecting more with the pvp.... there needs to be big teams with vehicles and capture the flag... bungee is not sticking to their roots on this one IMO

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

theronin
09-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Honestly I was expecting more with the pvp.... there needs to be big teams with vehicles and capture the flag... bungee is not sticking to their roots on this one IMO

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
There are 6v6 arenas with vehicles. There's a whole separate play list for it, you may have to rank up to unlock it though.

ZenkiKid
09-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Currently level 23.

Ive only gotten 2 legendary engrams during my play time (including farming) and they both ended up being either just rare coins or some shit that it isnt for my class. Frustrating.

theronin
09-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Currently level 23.

Ive only gotten 2 legendary engrams during my play time (including farming) and they both ended up being either just rare coins or some shit that it isnt for my class. Frustrating.
When you say farming what exactly do you mean? Oh and strange coins are very valuable, there is a vendor that shows up on weekends only that sells exotics for strange coins. Armor - 13 coins, weapons - 23 coins. Do your daily and weekly strikes and save up those bad boys!!

ZenkiKid
09-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah I know about that weekend vendor.

I go to certain missions/strikes and constantly spam particular areas where there is a high amount of npcs that spawn in hopes of engram drops.

ZenkiKid
09-25-2014, 05:36 PM
RIP to the treasure cave. It didnt work for me anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-treasure-cave-shut-down-by-bungie/1100-6422563/

theronin
09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
RIP to the treasure cave. It didnt work for me anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-treasure-cave-shut-down-by-bungie/1100-6422563/
So glad they fixed this. Now some people on my friends list will actually get back to playing with me, and not be a liability due to not being able to shoot for complete shit.

LoneStarSilvia
09-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Alrighty, finally got the game in hand.

ZenkiKid
09-26-2014, 09:51 AM
So glad they fixed this. Now some people on my friends list will actually get back to playing with me, and not be a liability due to not being able to shoot for complete shit.

LMAO Theres too many of these in the game. Play a crucible match and see, once they get shot they start spraying like an idiot.

The thing I hate about the update is that they made the missions easier, I also noticed that if you leave an NPC alive for too long theyll just disappear. What kind of shit is this?!

sw20g
09-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Really enjoying the game, I just need to get with a good fireteam so I can do some of the harder strike missions, queen's wrath missions, raids, etc.. I'm on the PS4 playing a voidwalker warlock level 23 at the moment. GT is Rpatton_

One_love_silvia
09-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Really enjoying the game, I just need to get with a good fireteam so I can do some of the harder strike missions, queen's wrath missions, raids, etc.. I'm on the PS4 playing a voidwalker warlock level 23 at the moment. GT is Rpatton_

have u tried sunsinger? if not, try it.

LoneStarSilvia
09-28-2014, 05:57 AM
I tried searching but I couldn't an answer, but what's that number that's under the character level? It looks like it's next to a stack of cards or something.

1slowlance
09-28-2014, 09:10 AM
I tried searching but I couldn't an answer, but what's that number that's under the character level? It looks like it's next to a stack of cards or something.

I believe the number you're talking about is the grimoire score. Something to do with achievements you do in-game, from what I've seen.

Level 21 Exo Hunter on xb1. GT:im1slowlance
I'm enjoying the game thus far. It was really short, and I keep getting the same raids over and over, I'm probably doing something wrong though, so there's that... Still fairly enjoyable just playing through them though, would be more fun with a couple friends you know to run through it with.

theronin
09-28-2014, 10:25 AM
I believe the number you're talking about is the grimoire score. Something to do with achievements you do in-game, from what I've seen.

Level 21 Exo Hunter on xb1. GT:im1slowlance
I'm enjoying the game thus far. It was really short, and I keep getting the same raids over and over, I'm probably doing something wrong though, so there's that... Still fairly enjoyable just playing through them though, would be more fun with a couple friends you know to run through it with.
Ill.add ya up later today. Got a solid group of friends who I'll introduce ya too so you can always have peeps to play with. GT: ronine

sw20g
09-29-2014, 07:38 AM
have u tried sunsinger? if not, try it.

Haven't yet, but do plan on it... also kind of wanted to possibly start a titan as well

ZenkiKid
09-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Man the engram drops in general have noticeably gone down eversince the latest patch.

I have been stuck at 24 and a half the entire weekend.

stevenrapids
09-29-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm a level 21 on Xbox 1. Add me FLSHE10AZZDRAGN. I normally play with a few buddies that are all mid 20's. Anyone have any insight on the different factions you can join? I know you can use crucible marks to buy stuff from the different factions, just don't know if there is any difference between them at all.

1slowlance
09-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm a level 21 on Xbox 1. Add me FLSHE10AZZDRAGN. I normally play with a few buddies that are all mid 20's. Anyone have any insight on the different factions you can join? I know you can use crucible marks to buy stuff from the different factions, just don't know if there is any difference between them at all.
See, I haven't really gotten that far into it. I was wondering how everyone is getting these special shaders and emblems and such.

theronin
09-29-2014, 02:13 PM
The factions depend on what u like to do. I like to melee and use my special, so int and str appeal to me so I'm going with New Monarchy. If you like ur nade more you go with discipline and whatever other stat u like. Just equip the class armor for the faction and all rep/ exp you earn goes to them.
You get shaders from the merchant near the Speaker. And if you Google Destiny codes there may still be some for.free. add me on xbone ronine. I can show ya some stuff. I'll be on tonight after 6 pm pst

stevenrapids
09-29-2014, 09:02 PM
So has anyone else realized if you do one of the reef bounties it unlocks the queen mission. The mission is a level 24 mission, but you get a legendary piece of armor upon completion. The mission was hard as fuck and took almost an hour for me and a buddy to complete, but we both got legendary helmets. He did it earlier in the day and got legendary boots as well.

theronin
09-30-2014, 03:33 AM
So has anyone else realized if you do one of the reef bounties it unlocks the queen mission. The mission is a level 24 mission, but you get a legendary piece of armor upon completion. The mission was hard as fuck and took almost an hour for me and a buddy to complete, but we both got legendary helmets. He did it earlier in the day and got legendary boots as well.
You get a legendary item for every Queens bounty you have completed. It's in ur inventory.

stevenrapids
09-30-2014, 06:27 AM
You get a legendary item for every Queens bounty you have completed. It's in ur inventory.

I was unaware that those missions gave you legendary items, that was the first one I had completed. The mission was not easy, especially since im a level 21 and it was a level 24 mission. Most of the enemies have shields that my auto rifle did not penetrate, so i was basically using my secondary and heavy weapons the whole time.

1slowlance
09-30-2014, 06:29 AM
That's rough. I haven't even attempted those seeing as how I was only 21. Guess it might be helpful if I try it a couple times to get something nice. I'm still rocking the pulse rifle you get when you beat the game.

stevenrapids
09-30-2014, 08:17 AM
That pulse rifle isn't too great. I think my auto rifle has like 220 damage or something and it was useless. My friend is a level 26 and he even said it was the hardest mission he has ever done. BUT, it gave us the final mission of the game to do on level 24 so the part where you have to defeat the 3 statues was hard as shit. On the 3rd statue like 6 Minotaurs spawn'd and we were both out of heavy ammo to kill them. The missions are random i think though, because my friend said he did the a queen mission by himself and it was on earth. (he said it wasnt nearly as bad as the one we did together)

1slowlance
09-30-2014, 08:21 AM
I've noticed, but I haven't found a better one yet. It does minimal damage to enemies on the level 22 missions and I'm just chilling like.....alrighty

ZenkiKid
09-30-2014, 10:44 AM
That pulse rifle isn't too great. I think my auto rifle has like 220 damage or something and it was useless. My friend is a level 26 and he even said it was the hardest mission he has ever done. BUT, it gave us the final mission of the game to do on level 24 so the part where you have to defeat the 3 statues was hard as shit. On the 3rd statue like 6 Minotaurs spawn'd and we were both out of heavy ammo to kill them. The missions are random i think though, because my friend said he did the a queen mission by himself and it was on earth. (he said it wasnt nearly as bad as the one we did together)

The 3 statues are the easiest bosses in the entire game.

All you need are high power fusion rifles and all 3 of them will be dead in 5 min tops.

stevenrapids
09-30-2014, 10:51 AM
I was unaware that different guns were better on different enemy types. I don't read into games online, i just learn from playing. The fact that we were both using auto rifles/snipers probably made it way harder than it should have been. I did hear somewhere that some enemies have shields that are easir to kill with certain weapons though?

1slowlance
09-30-2014, 10:57 AM
I've heard the same. Like pulse rifles destroy wizards shields or something like that.

stevenrapids
09-30-2014, 11:05 AM
The 3 statues are the easiest bosses in the entire game.

All you need are high power pulse rifles and all 3 of them will be dead in 5 min tops.

This was a level 24 mission Queen bounty, not the regular last mission. When i first played the 3 statues i killed them with 4 sniper shots. This Queen bounty was 10x harder than the normal mission, but we got legendary gear so it was worth it.

ZenkiKid
09-30-2014, 11:09 AM
This was a level 24 mission Queen bounty, not the regular last mission. When i first played the 3 statues i killed them with 4 sniper shots. This Queen bounty was 10x harder than the normal mission, but we got legendary gear so it was worth it.

I know, thats what I meant. Dont you mean Queens Wrath missions?

They were still easy. The NPCs before it were harder though. I got the chest piece.

Fusion rifles and they will die fast. I did it again last night with a fusion rifle that causes Void damage. All 3 dead in about 5 min.

theronin
09-30-2014, 11:10 AM
http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Damage+Types

For those who haven't figured it out yet

LoneStarSilvia
09-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Well that's helpful. This game does a shit job at explaining, or even hinting some of it's mechanics.

BTW, I'm lvl 20 now, it's like a whole new world opened up.

theronin
09-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Well that's helpful. This game does a shit job at explaining, or even hinting some of it's mechanics.

I realize my earlier post could come off as rude, that was not my intention. I merely want to spread info as it becomes available to me. I rather enjoy the fact that they don't explain much, nowadays games are too easy on players and spoon feed them everything. Makes it all that much better when the community can come together and discover the nuances of the game. Just my .02

anyone else find anything tasty?

stevenrapids
09-30-2014, 02:10 PM
I literally learn something new everyday i play. Really keeps me interested in the game. This game has so much room to keep adding and the potential to last a long time.

LoneStarSilvia
09-30-2014, 08:36 PM
I realize my earlier post could come off as rude, that was not my intention. I merely want to spread info as it becomes available to me. I rather enjoy the fact that they don't explain much, nowadays games are too easy on players and spoon feed them everything. Makes it all that much better when the community can come together and discover the nuances of the game. Just my .02

anyone else find anything tasty?

Sorry if I came off as rude also, wasn't my intention. While I can agree with you that it doesn't spoon feed info, it also comes off a bit as half-assed IMO. I enjoy the game immensely, but I find it a bit silly it takes collective minds to find info on things as basic as elemental match ups like you posted above.

I'm all for making quests and loot secretive and making people work to find it. But I found myself Google-ing a lot when I first started.

Anyone else have periodic connection issues? I don't know it's Japanese servers or my PS4, but I've rebooted it like 5 different times and still can't get a connection to the servers when I played all last night with no issues.

theronin
09-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Sorry if I came off as rude also, wasn't my intention. While I can agree with you that it doesn't spoon feed info, it also comes off a bit as half-assed IMO. I enjoy the game immensely, but I find it a bit silly it takes collective minds to find info on things as basic as elemental match ups like you posted above.

I'm all for making quests and loot secretive and making people work to find it. But I found myself Google-ing a lot when I first started.

Anyone else have periodic connection issues? I don't know it's Japanese servers or my PS4, but I've rebooted it like 5 different times and still can't get a connection to the servers when I played all last night with no issues.
Roomie told me there's been a group of hackers attempting to DDoS the servers and that's why u are having connection issues. You didn't come off rude man, I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to be an ass.

LoneStarSilvia
09-30-2014, 09:54 PM
I've heard of that in my searches, some people really suck...

I think my issue is something else though, I've noticed when my friends list doesn't load, Destiny won't either. Updated my router firmware and everything, no luck yet.

LoneStarSilvia
10-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Have you guys seen some of these emblem banner things that other players have with a "subtitle" right underneath their main name?

I did a strike with a guy that had that first green emblem you start off with, but under his name is said "TWIN TURBO CHARGING".

I became instantly jealous.

stevenrapids
10-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Anybody have the "suros regime" exotic auto rifle? or any exotic weapons for that matter?

ZenkiKid
10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Have you guys seen some of these emblem banner things that other players have with a "subtitle" right underneath their main name?

I did a strike with a guy that had that first green emblem you start off with, but under his name is said "TWIN TURBO CHARGING".

I became instantly jealous.

Its a clan tag.

I play with a girl from zilvia who her clan tag is the restaurant she works at. Hah.

I have both the queens head and chest piece and am now 25 and a half. Hopefully Ill reach 26 by tonight. Gotta stack up them spirit blooms and helium filaments.

ZenkiKid
10-01-2014, 09:10 AM

Yup, ive been experiences lag spikes and the "Connecting" freezes during game. I assume its because of the amount of people who are playing now.

EnemyS15
10-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Anybody have the "suros regime" exotic auto rifle? or any exotic weapons for that matter?

I'm rocking an exotic from every weapon class but shotty and snipe.

Surgos has been the best balanced pvp and pve weapon so far.

Currently working on my exotic bounty for the exotic fusion rifle. The thing fires in full auto mode!!!

theronin
10-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm rocking an exotic from every weapon class but shotty and snipe.

Surgos has been the best balanced pvp and pve weapon so far.

Currently working on my exotic bounty for the exotic fusion rifle. The thing fires in full auto mode!!!
Don't get too attached to your weapons, big changes are coming to balance out PVP.

LoneStarSilvia
10-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I just got the exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn. I haven't used rocker launchers until now, but wow this thing is insane. When maxed out, it'll have 5 separate damage upgrades. Would love to get an exotic rifle or sniper.

theronin
10-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I just got the exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn. I haven't used rocker launchers until now, but wow this thing is insane. When maxed out, it'll have 5 separate damage upgrades. Would love to get an exotic rifle or sniper.
Start collecting mats to upgrade it now. I didn't realize that upgrading armor also upgraded light, so I've been stuck at 25 1/2 for like a week. Apparently I've been sitting on almost 4 levels of Un upgraded armor. Now I have a fuckton of mats I have to go farm to level. Not fun.

ZenkiKid
10-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Don't get too attached to your weapons, big changes are coming to balance out PVP.

as what girls would say, "YAAASSS"

PVP is so mismatched its fucking ridiculous.

LoneStarSilvia
10-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Just had to share this.

EHVtZsCZ1TA

LoneStarSilvia
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
And this is an incredibly awesome website for tracking public events.

http://destinypublicevents.com

theronin
10-03-2014, 05:42 PM
isxuratthetower.com

LoneStarSilvia
10-03-2014, 09:40 PM
As far as I know he's always there Friday til Sunday. That being said, I need get lucky and find 2 more coins.

theronin
10-03-2014, 10:16 PM
As far as I know he's always there Friday til Sunday. That being said, I need get lucky and find 2 more coins.
Lol did u click on the link??? And for coins do the daily n weekly strikes. Easy way to get em.

gearhead55
10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
as what girls would say, "YAAASSS"

PVP is so mismatched its fucking ridiculous.

I just started this game for PS4. I'm to level 14 I think. PvP is zero fun because everyone is 25+ and i just get owned non stop. Was it like this for everybody?

also, it seems like everyone else has a shield on top of their health but I don't. is that the case?

ZenkiKid
10-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I just started this game for PS4. I'm to level 14 I think. PvP is zero fun because everyone is 25+ and i just get owned non stop. Was it like this for everybody?

Level doesnt matter but supposedly weapon and shield upgrades do.

gearhead55
10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Level doesnt matter but supposedly weapon and shield upgrades do.

I don't think I have a shield at all?

ZenkiKid
10-06-2014, 05:53 PM
If you are a titan you do.

Titans need to get nerfed.

The blade dancer class needs to get nerfed. The blade dancer special is practically god mode with aimbot. Although I did nail someone with my fusion rifle when they were auto fixed towards me with blade dancer activated.

gearhead55
10-06-2014, 06:23 PM

The blade dancer class needs to get nerfed. The blade dancer special is practically god mode with aimbot. Although I did nail someone with my fusion rifle when they were auto fixed towards me with blade dancer activated.

Im a hunter. Wth is nerfed? I feel so lost in this game...

LoneStarSilvia
10-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm lvl 26 and I suck horribly at PvP, I avoid that ish with respect to my controller's lifespan.

az_240
10-06-2014, 08:21 PM

also, it seems like everyone else has a shield on top of their health but I don't. is that the case?

I play on a friends account (lvl 27 titan w/ exotic assault rifle) and pvp is a complete joke. To put it simply, I take 1 round and I'm toast.... meanwhile, I'm putting damn near full clips in people(headshots included) and get lucky if I get the kill. Seems the people that play pvp figured something out...

theronin
10-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Level does not matter in PvP. Map knowledge, and shooter skills are all that matter. Melee is super powerful so get used to it. You will only get better by playing it, so get to it. The random rewards in PvP are pretty dope. I've got quite a few purples from just playing. pvp makes you a better shot, so get to it!

One_love_silvia
10-07-2014, 12:12 AM

finally someone who has the exact same sentiments as me. titans need a fuckin nerf, and so do blade dancers. badly. i was using radiance, used scorch AND a regular melee attack against a arc blading hunter, and it only took his shield down half way. meanwhile, he just two shots me, WITH my overshield active.

like, what teh fuck was bungie thinking when they made this subclass?

Im a hunter. Wth is nerfed? I feel so lost in this game...
it comes from the nerf balls and whatnot. nerf balls are soft, so its used as a term to mean they class needs to be made softer aka weaker.

I play on a friends account (lvl 27 titan w/ exotic assault rifle) and pvp is a complete joke. To put it simply, I take 1 round and I'm toast.... meanwhile, I'm putting damn near full clips in people(headshots included) and get lucky if I get the kill. Seems the people that play pvp figured something out... depends on the gun you use. as a titan u should just be shoulder charging and nading everyone. both of those are one shots. the rest your kills should probably be an up close shotgun kill. titans are great at a distance, and they have no right to be.

Level does not matter in PvP. Map knowledge, and shooter skills are all that matter. Melee is super powerful so get used to it. You will only get better by playing it, so get to it. The random rewards in PvP are pretty dope. I've got quite a few purples from just playing. pvp makes you a better shot, so get to it!

and class/subclass matter. see first comment in regards to that.

az_240
10-07-2014, 02:04 AM
depends on the gun you use. as a titan u should just be shoulder charging and nading everyone. both of those are one shots. the rest your kills should probably be an up close shotgun kill. titans are great at a distance, and they have no right to be.

Bad juju...bird gun with green smoke that gets in the way of seeing anything.:-/ It's his only primary exotic weapon. Been trying to get better weapons but just no luck so far. I'm a decent shot as I've been playing fps for as long as I can remember.... pretty much the only kills I get on pvp are with a in the face shotty blast and shoulder charge/special which IMO just isn't fun. Some of the guns others use are out of control though. Golden guns and rockets for example. Maybe I need to just start up a hunter class.

gearhead55
10-07-2014, 10:15 AM
it comes from the nerf balls and whatnot. nerf balls are soft, so its used as a term to mean they class needs to be made softer aka weaker.

ohhhhh gotcha. that makes sense.

gearhead55
10-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I went back and re-read some of your guy's older posts. I guess this is what I have been a little frustrated at with this game:

I do agree players shouldn't be spoon fed, but I think this game leaves a little too much unsaid. I get bounties or whatever that are like "kill this many fallen ultras or majors", and i have no idea what the fuck an ultra or major is and just guess that it means big dudes. A little more explanation would be nice. For example weapon type vs type of enemy information should be given. Leave side missions and tactics hidden though I guess.

ZenkiKid
10-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Iron Banner? I wont even bother.

Crucible matches with level/stats enabled.

Titans and blade dancer hunters are going to decimate those matches even more with stats enabled.

theronin
10-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I went back and re-read some of your guy's older posts. I guess this is what I have been a little frustrated at with this game:

I do agree players shouldn't be spoon fed, but I think this game leaves a little too much unsaid. I get bounties or whatever that are like "kill this many fallen ultras or majors", and i have no idea what the fuck an ultra or major is and just guess that it means big dudes. A little more explanation would be nice. For example weapon type vs type of enemy information should be given. Leave side missions and tactics hidden though I guess.
Ultras and Majors are the enemies with yellow hp bars.

gearhead55
10-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Ultras and Majors are the enemies with yellow hp bars.

haha thank you

stevenrapids
10-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Kinda sucks that you don't get ascendant shards from dismantling legendary items you receive for the queen's missions. Gotta level up my armor and need ascendant shards bad.

gearhead55
10-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Iron Banner? I wont even bother.

Crucible matches with level/stats enabled.

Titans and blade dancer hunters are going to decimate those matches even more with stats enabled.

I tried it. It was actually more fun than other PvP, mostly because the maps are bigger.

theronin
10-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Kinda sucks that you don't get ascendant shards from dismantling legendary items you receive for the queen's missions. Gotta level up my armor and need ascendant shards bad.
Well considering that one of the missions for queens can be done in under 10 min, I'd say it's ok. At one point I had 8 chest pieces and 5 helmets from her....

stevenrapids
10-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Well considering that one of the missions for queens can be done in under 10 min, I'd say it's ok. At one point I had 8 chest pieces and 5 helmets from her....

ya the warped drive mission on earth was stupid easy. I had like 6 helmets and 3 chest pieces so i can't complain. Now I have my items maxed till I can get ascendand shards so im at a stand still. I still have yet to get anything worth a shit in PvP.

theronin
10-07-2014, 01:31 PM
ya the warped drive mission on earth was stupid easy. I had like 6 helmets and 3 chest pieces so i can't complain. Now I have my items maxed till I can get ascendand shards so im at a stand still. I still have yet to get anything worth a shit in PvP.
If you inspect an item then hover over materials you can see what it will disassemble into. I've had a few friends buy vanguard gear only to disassemble for the shards. Glass vault is a good way for shards too. A couple chests give those bad boys out!

stevenrapids
10-07-2014, 02:24 PM
If you inspect an item then hover over materials you can see what it will disassemble into. I've had a few friends buy vanguard gear only to disassemble for the shards. Glass vault is a good way for shards too. A couple chests give those bad boys out!

Have you done the raid yet? I watched a video of it and it looks pretty tough. I think my buddies and I are just gonna continue to prepare for it till we have a break over thanksgiving to actually all sit down at the same time and complete it.

theronin
10-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Have you done the raid yet? I watched a video of it and it looks pretty tough. I think my buddies and I are just gonna continue to prepare for it till we have a break over thanksgiving to actually all sit down at the same time and complete it.
Did the first part last night. Took.us about 2.5 hours. Now that we understand how to do it we could prob shave an hour off of it. We also had a guy who has done it 2 times, he showed us the ropes and explained everything. Dunno how the hell we woulda done it without his tips. Takes alot of coordination and communication.

sw20g
10-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Iron Banner is definitely interesting to see the difference in time to kill for all the different weapons. Definitely a bit of a struggle for me with my best auto rifle only having 211 damage and 21 rounds per mag. That being said I do enjoy it more than the vanilla PvP, I just wish I could play Iron Banner Skirmish or Iron Banner Clash instead of only Control being available.

On a side note finally got my first exotic! Got the Sunbreaker warlock gloves from a legendary engram. And not too long after that I got an exotic weapon bounty which I'm still working on fulfilling.

stevenrapids
10-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah I definitely wish they had iron banner clash. I just started playing skirmish tonight and it takes a pretty well rounded team to do well. Every team I played all camped in the same room and we had to really get a game plan together to win. Pretty fucking fun I must say.

theronin
10-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Iron Banner is definitely interesting to see the difference in time to kill for all the different weapons. Definitely a bit of a struggle for me with my best auto rifle only having 211 damage and 21 rounds per mag. That being said I do enjoy it more than the vanilla PvP, I just wish I could play Iron Banner Skirmish or Iron Banner Clash instead of only Control being available.

On a side note finally got my first exotic! Got the Sunbreaker warlock gloves from a legendary engram. And not too long after that I got an exotic weapon bounty which I'm still working on fulfilling.
What bounty did you get?!?!?

sw20g
10-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah I definitely wish they had iron banner clash. I just started playing skirmish tonight and it takes a pretty well rounded team to do well. Every team I played all camped in the same room and we had to really get a game plan together to win. Pretty fucking fun I must say.
Skirmish is my favorite PvP mode... it can also easily be the most frustrating lol

What bounty did you get?!?!?

I chose the one titled "Toland's legacy" which rewards you with bad juju. The other choices were Thorn and invective. Thorn didn't really have any cool attributes IMO, 6 shots and a painfully slow reload didn't help it either. Invective seems like it could be a beast in PvP being a fully auto shotgun but I'm more of a sniper than a cqc player so bad juju seemed the best fit at the time.

These exotic bounties are no joke though, I solo'd the weekly heroic strike for the first portion, now I have to do 25 strikes, of which I've only done 7... Then there's two more steps until I get the gun.

LoneStarSilvia
10-08-2014, 01:10 AM
Exotic bounties?

I have not seen this....guess I need to get back on it.

LoneStarSilvia
10-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Ok, I see EXACTLY why people are pissed about the Hunter class in PvP.

theronin
10-08-2014, 02:58 AM
Skirmish is my favorite PvP mode... it can also easily be the most frustrating lol

I chose the one titled "Toland's legacy" which rewards you with bad juju. The other choices were Thorn and invective. Thorn didn't really have any cool attributes IMO, 6 shots and a painfully slow reload didn't help it either. Invective seems like it could be a beast in PvP being a fully auto shotgun but I'm more of a sniper than a cqc player so bad juju seemed the best fit at the time.

These exotic bounties are no joke though, I solo'd the weekly heroic strike for the first portion, now I have to do 25 strikes, of which I've only done 7... Then there's two more steps until I get the gun.
Thorn is apparently a beast in PvP due to its perk of poison on the target. Doesn't allow shields to recharge. I have both Bad Juju and Invective, Juju is ok at best, maybe after they rebalance guns for Pvp it will be better, but as of right now it's meh. Invective is good in PvP, but it's monster recoil and super long reload time kills it. Firing it in full auto means you are looking at the ceiling when you are done firing. No shotgun should ever be fired in full auto in PvP. 1 shot and melee is all you need. I laugh when people say hunters are OP in PvP. We are the definition of glass cannon who get the opportunity to shine every few minutes. Just know, when a Blade Dancer hunter is in his special, you can kill him. When a titan or a warlock are doing their damage special they are invincible. I've been killed MULTIPLE times when I'm in my special and I go to melee them, only for them to laugh it off, and 1 hit KO me.

Want something to bitch about in PVP? Try the Suros Regime auto rifle, or the Vex Mythoclast. Specials are dick compared to what those rifles do.

stevenrapids
10-08-2014, 06:20 AM
I read something about that vex mythocast and it being a huge OP weapon in PvP. Isnt the only way to get that gun by beating the raid on hard or something?? Is there a way to get exotic bounties or are they just all luck?

sw20g
10-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Thorn is apparently a beast in PvP due to its perk of poison on the target. Doesn't allow shields to recharge. I have both Bad Juju and Invective, Juju is ok at best, maybe after they rebalance guns for Pvp it will be better, but as of right now it's meh. Invective is good in PvP, but it's monster recoil and super long reload time kills it. Firing it in full auto means you are looking at the ceiling when you are done firing. No shotgun should ever be fired in full auto in PvP. 1 shot and melee is all you need. I laugh when people say hunters are OP in PvP. We are the definition of glass cannon who get the opportunity to shine every few minutes. Just know, when a Blade Dancer hunter is in his special, you can kill him. When a titan or a warlock are doing their damage special they are invincible. I've been killed MULTIPLE times when I'm in my special and I go to melee them, only for them to laugh it off, and 1 hit KO me.

Want something to bitch about in PVP? Try the Suros Regime auto rifle, or the Vex Mythoclast. Specials are dick compared to what those rifles do.
I picked bad juju more for PvE than PvP where i prefer an auto rifle to a pulse rifle. Invective was certainly my last choice of the 3 seems more novelty than anything, but I didn't realize Thorn was that good. I hear both Thorn and Bad Juju are going to get buffed soon so we'll see how they turn out.

Really hoping for the Patience and Time Sniper Rifle and or the Suros Regime

Edit: Just saw someone call the Iron Banner "The Suros Regime Aiming Contest" LOL:rofl:

I read something about that vex mythocast and it being a huge OP weapon in PvP. Isnt the only way to get that gun by beating the raid on hard or something?? Is there a way to get exotic bounties or are they just all luck?
Exotic bounties?

Yeah best way to get them is just do as many bounties as possible. It's pretty much random as far as I can tell. I know alot of other people think turning in multiple bounties at once raises your chances but I got it from only turning one in so idk if that makes a difference.

ZenkiKid
10-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Ok, I see EXACTLY why people are pissed about the Hunter class in PvP.

With the blade dancer subclass yes.

The special = God mode + aimbot. Just need to spam the melee button and its an almost guaranteed frag.

O$mo
10-08-2014, 02:37 PM
With the blade dancer subclass yes.

The special = God mode + aimbot. Just need to spam the melee button and its an almost guaranteed frag.

Nah, Nova bomb is the devil, it REALLY is.

LoneStarSilvia
10-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Yeeup, fuck PvP, got a firsthand encounter with that bullshit Vex rifle. I'll stick to the other stuff until I get bored.

theronin
10-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeeup, fuck PvP, got a firsthand encounter with that bullshit Vex rifle. I'll stick to the other stuff until I get bored.
Lol told ya. Suros Regime and Vex Mythoclast are God in PvP for the moment. that's why I think it's funny yall are complaining about Ulties.

gearhead55
10-09-2014, 10:04 AM
is there a way to use the mic? or hear other players?

i feel so n00b

ZenkiKid
10-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I cleared VOG in 2:22 with 5 other experienced players.

Its extremely easy if you are patient and if you are with people who have done it before.

Disappearing rocks area is easy if youre a hunter with triple jump. I damn near jumped all the way across without using any of the disappearing portions.

LoneStarSilvia
10-09-2014, 10:40 AM
is there a way to use the mic? or hear other players?

i feel so n00b

PS4 right?

Plug the jack into the controller right under the PS button, then hold the PS button until you get the home menu. Go to "Adjust Devices" and change your headphone output to chat only.

Or if you have a wife like me who complains that I have the TV too loud, you can change it to output all game audio if you've got good headphones.

Also as far as I know, I think you can only hear the people that are in your party? Not totally sure about that one, but I've never heard anyone else besides the guys in my party.

gearhead55
10-09-2014, 11:29 AM
PS4 right?

Plug the jack into the controller right under the PS button, then hold the PS button until you get the home menu. Go to "Adjust Devices" and change your headphone output to chat only.

Or if you have a wife like me who complains that I have the TV too loud, you can change it to output all game audio if you've got good headphones.

Also as far as I know, I think you can only hear the people that are in your party? Not totally sure about that one, but I've never heard anyone else besides the guys in my party.

cool thanks. makes sense you can only hear people in your party

theronin
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I cleared VOG in 2:22 with 5 other experienced players.

Its extremely easy if you are patient and if you are with people who have done it before.

Disappearing rocks area is easy if youre a hunter with triple jump. I damn near jumped all the way across without using any of the disappearing portions.
My group is stuck on the final boss. We keep having issues with the portal spitting people either back to where you came from, or into a different area all together. Very frustrating.

Glad to hear you cleared it, did you get to all 5 chests??? Any loot to brag about?

ZenkiKid
10-09-2014, 12:27 PM
My group is stuck on the final boss. We keep having issues with the portal spitting people either back to where you came from, or into a different area all together. Very frustrating.

Glad to hear you cleared it, did you get to all 5 chests??? Any loot to brag about?

The portal issue:

Dont sprint and dont go through the portal at the same time. just go through it one by one without sprinting. That will prevent the glitch.

Only thing that I got to really brag about was that I scored a Monte Carlo exotic auto rifle from one of the chests. We only went to 3 chests.

theronin
10-09-2014, 01:52 PM
The portal issue:

Dont sprint and dont go through the portal at the same time. just go through it one by one without sprinting. That will prevent the glitch.

Only thing that I got to really brag about was that I scored a Monte Carlo exotic auto rifle from one of the chests. We only went to 3 chests.
Oooooohh daaaammmmnnnn! Just googled ur rifle and I wants. First off I love the simplistic look of it. Second I'm a heavy melee user and that gun would be a dream pvp gun for me. Great find!

Thanks for the advice on the portals, I'll let my team know. Also did you guys cheese the first boss by using the floating platform, or did you fight him straight up?

ZenkiKid
10-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Oooooohh daaaammmmnnnn! Just googled ur rifle and I wants. First off I love the simplistic look of it. Second I'm a heavy melee user and that gun would be a dream pvp gun for me. Great find!

Thanks for the advice on the portals, I'll let my team know. Also did you guys cheese the first boss by using the floating platform, or did you fight him straight up?

We fought him straight up.

I was with 5 players who have done the raid numerous times and know what works and what doesnt.

theronin
10-09-2014, 02:48 PM
We fought him straight up.

I was with 5 players who have done the raid numerous times and know what works and what doesnt.
Very nice. Just finished my exotic bounty for Pocket Infinity. Holy shit does this thing rock.

Ur on ps4 aren't you man? Too bad, you seem pretty chill and we could have a fun time playing together. No homo

ultimateirving
10-09-2014, 06:07 PM
I been loving this game. Doing lots of chest runs and public event farming for shards.

theronin
10-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I been loving this game. Doing lots of chest runs and public event farming for shards.
Yeah I didn't realize that shards were needed until it was too late. now I have all my gear ready to be upgraded and I need like 50+ shards....

LoneStarSilvia
10-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Ditto. I still really need to cop a legendary primary weapon and helmet, then I'm set.

One_love_silvia
10-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Exotic bounties?

i dont get how people havent seen them....ive gotten so many ive had to start abandoning them because i keep getting the same ones over and over again that i've already done...
i just got the legendary hand cannon Timur's Lash from Iron Banner :D

And yesterday in the Iron Banner I got the Exotic machinegun Thunderlord.
Plus my first Exotic the SUROS i got from a legendary engram the first week the game came out lol. This is the luckiest account ive ever had for anything ever.

yes thats the only way to get vex mytho. The gun is stupid broken in pvp. It's a primary semi auto one round fusion rifle that deals solar damage. Probably designed by the same guy who designed bladedancers. It's beyond broken. It's only 3-4 shots to kill someone, not including headshots.

and juust keep doing bounties and im sure youll get an exotic one eventually. careful on which ones you pick though because a couple of them are extremely hard. (looking at you, thorn and bad juju bounty)

LoneStarSilvia
10-10-2014, 03:08 AM
i dont get how people havent seen them....ive gotten so many ive had to start abandoning them because i keep getting the same ones over and over again that i've already done...

This is the luckiest account ive ever had for anything ever.

I seriously have not come across a single one, and all I do is bounties now aside from a little PvP with friends and the occasional daily/weekly strike.

Xur's in the house, just spent 23 motes of light for an exotic engram. Decoded into a exotic helmet.....for a different class. Kick in the nuts = complete.

LoneStarSilvia
10-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Speak of the devil, it seems getting level 3 rep with the Vanguard gives you 3 exotic bounties to choose from. Nice!

theronin
10-10-2014, 11:05 AM

i just got the legendary hand cannon Timur's Lash from Iron Banner :D

And yesterday in the Iron Banner I got the Exotic machinegun Thunderlord.
Plus my first Exotic the SUROS i got from a legendary engram the first week the game came out lol. This is the luckiest account ive ever had for anything ever.

yes thats the only way to get vex mytho. The gun is stupid broken in pvp. It's a primary semi auto one round fusion rifle that deals solar damage. Probably designed by the same guy who designed bladedancers. It's beyond broken. It's only 3-4 shots to kill someone, not including headshots.

and juust keep doing bounties and im sure youll get an exotic one eventually. careful on which ones you pick though because a couple of them are extremely hard. (looking at you, thorn and bad juju bounty)
I completed Bad Juju, and am on the last step of Thorn, what's so hard about them?

theronin
10-10-2014, 05:17 PM
I seriously have not come across a single one, and all I do is bounties now aside from a little PvP with friends and the occasional daily/weekly strike.

Xur's in the house, just spent 23 motes of light for an exotic engram. Decoded into a exotic helmet.....for a different class. Kick in the nuts = complete.
Disassemble it and use the shards!

LoneStarSilvia
10-11-2014, 01:08 AM
Disassemble it and use the shards!

Already done did it!

The game must've heard my bitchin' about exotic bounties, I just picked up another one. I'm going after the Invective simply because I think the Crucible task for the Thorn is going to be impossible with my skills, or lack thereof.

gearhead55
10-11-2014, 02:45 AM
I still feel extremely confused by this game. I'm level 20 now though. Iron Banner is pretty fun actually, now that i have some semi decent guns i have a 1/1 ish k/d ratio.

LoneStarSilvia
10-11-2014, 03:29 AM
It definitely requires quite a bit a of research to figure out what's what. I'm interested to see what DLC's are going to add, I saw the leaked map photos already.

gearhead55
10-11-2014, 04:31 AM
It definitely requires quite a bit a of research to figure out what's what. I'm interested to see what DLC's are going to add, I saw the leaked map photos already.

more maps would be cool. where do you guys go to research stuff?

LoneStarSilvia
10-11-2014, 04:48 AM
I just use the ol' Google, especially if I'm trying to compare legendary and exotic guns/equipment. Also if I'm trying to figure out how to get shards/easy way to complete bounties/where to farm, etc.

theronin
10-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Already done did it!

The game must've heard my bitchin' about exotic bounties, I just picked up another one. I'm going after the Invective simply because I think the Crucible task for the Thorn is going to be impossible with my skills, or lack thereof.
Yeah Thorn pvp step was a biiiitch. Basically required me to run around with a void shotgun for what seemed like a ton of matches. Really not looking forward to the special Phogarth strike I gotta do. Keep him alive through 3 waves of the ship dropping in dudes. Last wave has a named Elite on it and I gotta kill him. Grrrrr

sw20g
10-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Just got my second exotic weapon bounty for leveling up my crucible rank to rank 3. And I still haven't even completed my bad juju bounty haha.

Had the choice between super good advice and pocket infinity... chose pocket infinity

theronin
10-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Just got my second exotic weapon bounty for leveling up my crucible rank to rank 3. And I still haven't even completed my bad juju bounty haha.

Had the choice between super good advice and pocket infinity... chose pocket infinity
You have chosen... wisely. Both are awesome, but infinity is more awesomer.

sw20g
10-13-2014, 11:54 AM
You have chosen... wisely. Both are awesome, but infinity is more awesomer.

Haha yup, I found myself really torn between the two. It honestly came down to small things like the weapons looks, I thought the "coilpacks" on the side of pocket infinity looked awesome and that swayed my choice enough in its favor LOL. Really not looking forward to having to do the weekly nightfall to get it though.

theronin
10-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Haha yup, I found myself really torn between the two. It honestly came down to small things like the weapons looks, I thought the "coilpacks" on the side of pocket infinity looked awesome and that swayed my choice enough in its favor LOL. Really not looking forward to having to do the weekly nightfall to get it though.
Oh the 200 kills with a fusion? U don't have to complete it man. Just get the kills. What I did was just start the strike solo and take my time. Buy some ammo synthesis. I averaged about 30 kills a run. The key is solo, when you got people with you the mobs are super tough, and teammates can "killsteal"

Highly suggest doing this week's nightfall due to the first part is actually pretty easy and has lots of places for cover while in the cave. Never know what the next strike is gonna be, and if it's on Mars u can forget about it. The Cabal are nasty and tough as shit.

theronin
10-14-2014, 10:06 PM
New gun balance patch is live. Let's see how this goes...

LoneStarSilvia
10-15-2014, 03:24 AM
Finally has enough marks and rep to buy a legendary Vanguard auto rilfe. Bungie nerfs auto rifles.

http://i61.tinypic.com/k55xzp.jpg

The Shadow Price is still one mean mother, but now I definitely wish I went with a Scout Rifle.

theronin
10-15-2014, 04:15 AM
Finally has enough marks and rep to buy a legendary Vanguard auto rilfe. Bungie nerfs auto rifles.

http://i61.tinypic.com/k55xzp.jpg

The Shadow Price is still one mean mother, but now I definitely wish I went with a Scout Rifle.
Shadow Price is still a great auto rifle man.

stevenrapids
10-15-2014, 06:19 AM
I was getting my shit rocked in PvP last night after the patch.

ZenkiKid
10-15-2014, 01:32 PM
New gun balance patch is live. Let's see how this goes...

Didnt really notice a difference with the performance of my auto rifles. :: Shrug::

theronin
10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Didnt really notice a difference with the performance of my auto rifles. :: Shrug::
Same, but I think the nerf was for looong range shooting. Like when I'm sniping with my sexy Ice Breaker and a dude across the map 2 hits me with a fucking Galahad E.

JKutz
10-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey guys, feel free to add me on XB1.
GT: JKutzo
Level: 26
Skirmish K/D: 1.75

One_love_silvia
10-15-2014, 06:16 PM
I completed Bad Juju, and am on the last step of Thorn, what's so hard about them?

well i was only lvl 26 when i tried doing the xyor bounty, which made it impossible. on the other hand, bad juju isnt reall hard i just hate strikes

theronin
10-15-2014, 07:27 PM
well i was only lvl 26 when i tried doing the xyor bounty, which made it impossible. on the other hand, bad juju isnt reall hard i just hate strikes
Yeah I'm stuck on Xyor. That shits impossible

gearhead55
10-16-2014, 02:44 PM
PSN is down. lame

bosstown617
10-16-2014, 04:37 PM
they seem to be making all the weapons weaker as of lately

az_240
10-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Finally purchased a xb1 just for this game... had it three days.... already level 24.

So much for having a life anymore.

theronin
10-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Finally purchased a xb1 just for this game... had it three days.... already level 24.

So much for having a life anymore.
Feel free to add me : ronine

ZenkiKid
10-17-2014, 07:59 AM
I hope you guys did the Daily heroic yesterday. It was one of the easiest missions to date.

sw20g
10-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Finally completed the bad juju bounty lol, the 25 strike part took me forever. Probably because I was running them all at lvl 24 with the hopes of getting something decent (I didn't). Still need to dismantle 3 more rare or higher quality fusion rifles for the pocket infinity bounty. And also bought an exotic chest piece engram from xur which turned into the exotic titan crest of alpha lupi.

Between getting that chest and my friend picking up the game I finally started a titan class so I can run through the story mode with him and then have an exotic piece of armor waiting for me once I hit 20.

Anyone else planning on getting the dlc?

theronin
10-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Finally completed the bad juju bounty lol, the 25 strike part took me forever. Probably because I was running them all at lvl 24 with the hopes of getting something decent (I didn't). Still need to dismantle 3 more rare or higher quality fusion rifles for the pocket infinity bounty. And also bought an exotic chest piece engram from xur which turned into the exotic titan crest of alpha lupi.

Between getting that chest and my friend picking up the game I finally started a titan class so I can run through the story mode with him and then have an exotic piece of armor waiting for me once I hit 20.

Anyone else planning on getting the dlc?
I was gonna get the dlc automatically, but now after seeing how they are changing the game and what not, I'm hesitant.

LoneStarSilvia
10-18-2014, 09:50 PM
I was gonna get the dlc automatically, but now after seeing how they are changing the game and what not, I'm hesitant.

Why's that?

I also completed the Bad JuJu bounty, still waiting on that buff Bungie promised. I picked up a random drop for the Grim Citizen III that came with some great perks, much ass has been kicked with it. I ended up dismantling the Shadow Price.

Slightly off-topic, I think if the new Borderlands was on next-gen consoles, this game would be in trouble.

theronin
10-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Why's that?

I also completed the Bad JuJu bounty, still waiting on that buff Bungie promised. I picked up a random drop for the Grim Citizen III that came with some great perks, much ass has been kicked with it. I ended up dismantling the Shadow Price.

Slightly off-topic, I think if the new Borderlands was on next-gen consoles, this game would be in trouble.
Some of the changes they are making in the raid. The fact that they have now changed the Vex Mythoclast 2 times meanwhile ignoring the Bad Juju being outright terrible, and Thorn being underwhelming. The weekly events are meh, and the grind fest is just getting old. I seriously do the same things over and over again for what? The weapon vendor is a joke, and only useful for ammo synthesis. Why do we have a hard cap on glimmer and vanguard and crucible marks, I understand u can only earn so many in a week, but why is the total I can hold capped? What kind of game design is that? Why can't I see my rep level without having to walk to the specific vendor to see it? Can it be that hard to have it on my characters stat page?

Why is PvP so laggy? They put a post mordem bounty in place and it's so easy to get due to the shitty hit detection it's laughable. I shoot a guy point blank with Invective, melee, he shoots me, I kill him, then I die. about 80% of my deaths are after the other guy is dead. Know how infuriating that is? How could they go from making the definitive fps console game of our generation to this muddle up wad of garbage. Scouts, pulse, and hand cannons are still non viable, despite the recent buffs and nerf to auto rifles.

What about the random dropping? Kicked from game with a stupid error message. Or the fact that every time my friends and I want to get our raid group together all 6 of us have to hard reset our xboxs. In order for everyone to hear each other in party chat. Then on top of that they change the hardest boss in the game to now randomly choose 3 people to be teleported. They didn't fix the portal issue, they didn't fix the fact that sometimes he only tps 1-2. They instead removed the teamwork part of the encounter while completely ignoring the outright broken aspects of it. Fucking ridiculous. Yeah let's keep focusing on a gun that maybe 5% of all players have and give a big finger to everyone else. Don't even get me started on the loot tables for the raid...

ZenkiKid
10-21-2014, 07:44 AM
I saw on youtube that Hacking is a problem in ps3s/360s.

The game is sort of starting to get boring. Cant wait for the DLC.

Heard that the next event is "Salvage".

stevenrapids
10-22-2014, 06:21 AM
started the raid last night with a few friends. Holy Shit i've never been so frustrated. We have 3 lvl 27's(myself included) 2 lvl 26's and a lvl 25(really hurt us). If everyone in your fireteam isn't equipped with the right weapons/perks its almost impossible. Half our team knows what to do due to watching walkthroughs so its not like we don't know how to do stuff, its just so hard without all higher lvl experienced players.

ZenkiKid
10-22-2014, 09:43 AM
started the raid last night with a few friends. Holy Shit i've never been so frustrated. We have 3 lvl 27's(myself included) 2 lvl 26's and a lvl 25(really hurt us). If everyone in your fireteam isn't equipped with the right weapons/perks its almost impossible. Half our team knows what to do due to watching walkthroughs so its not like we don't know how to do stuff, its just so hard without all higher lvl experienced players.

Void damage Void Damage Void Damage.

Its mostly knowing what to do.

I did the raid once (when I was lvl 26. Im 27 now) and I was with a team of 5 who have done the raid numerous times with 1 of them acting like a point guard/quarterback. I didnt die once under his direction and we finished in 2:22.

stevenrapids
10-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Void damage Void Damage Void Damage.

Its mostly knowing what to do.

I did the raid once (when I was lvl 26. Im 27 now) and I was with a team of 5 who have done the raid numerous times with 1 of them acting like a point guard/quarterback. I didnt die once under his direction and we finished in 2:22.

I used all void weapons, I cant speak for my teammates though. The lvl 25 killed us. We couldn't get passed the templar, we would almost have him dead and he would go enraged everytime and all hell would break loose. Ended up giving up after 3 hours.

theronin
10-22-2014, 11:00 AM
I used all void weapons, I cant speak for my teammates though. The lvl 25 killed us. We couldn't get passed the templar, we would almost have him dead and he would go enraged everytime and all hell would break loose. Ended up giving up after 3 hours.
A level 25 has no business being in the raid that's your first problem. He does more harm than good.

stevenrapids
10-22-2014, 11:06 AM
A level 25 has no business being in the raid that's your first problem. He does more harm than good.

yes, thats what i said. But one of our friends couldnt man up and tell him no.

az_240
10-22-2014, 08:10 PM

Truth.... just finished the raid first time a few nights ago @ lvl 26 with 27-28ers and it was tough. Did it again the other night after leveling up to 27 and knowing what to do it wasn't so bad.

Gonna give the lvl 28 weekly nightfall and daily a shot tonight. Need dem shards and Suros Regime (can't stand having bad seed down, such a crappy gun, but my only legendary primary)

I hear the trick to getting full raid armor and lvl 29-30 is to have multiple characters and doing the raid several times a week so you keep getting gear and swap between characters. That shit's hardcore though!

ZenkiKid
10-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Truth.... just finished the raid first time a few nights ago @ lvl 26 with 27-28ers and it was tough. Did it again the other night after leveling up to 27 and knowing what to do it wasn't so bad.

Gonna give the lvl 28 weekly nightfall and daily a shot tonight. Need dem shards and Suros Regime (can't stand having bad seed down, such a crappy gun, but my only legendary primary)

I hear the trick to getting full raid armor and lvl 29-30 is to have multiple characters and doing the raid several times a week so you keep getting gear and swap between characters. That shit's hardcore though!

The daily/weekly on level 28 is much much easier than the weekly nightfall for some reason. The nightfall the enemies need to only shoot you twice and youre dead.

blockedwizard
10-24-2014, 12:56 PM
It's pretty sad that when I read this or play with friends or listen to them in a party that I have no fucking idea what any one is talking about. It seems like of your not playing every day then I can't play with friends because they all jump up 4-5 levels next time I'm on. All I hear is I need this armor that armor I'm fucking lost haha. I just wanna play the fucking game!!!!!!!

theronin
10-24-2014, 09:37 PM
If ya can't beat em, join em. Bought my Suros from Xur today. Time to hit the grind n level this bitch up.

sw20g
10-25-2014, 06:51 AM
If ya can't beat em, join em. Bought my Suros from Xur today. Time to hit the grind n level this bitch up.
I can't afford it :-/

ZenkiKid
10-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Was gonna get the suros but I just got a doctor nope from a random engram and got a Monte Carlo from the raid. Got the crest of alpha lupi instead

theronin
10-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Roomie has Doctor Nope, I'm not a fan of bullet hoses.

So a friend of mine had 2 people leave his hard mode raid last night, the roomie and I got to hop in literally as they are taking down atheon. We both got the legendary sparrow, the raid helmet, and atheons epilogue auto rifle. Talk about hitting the jackpot.....

LoneStarSilvia
10-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Trying to get my coins up before it's too late! The 6 coin weekly strike is proving a bit tough for me.

az_240
10-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Suros is the shit! I suggest obtaining if possible.

theronin
10-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Completely agree. Makes me wonder how nasty it was pre nerf

LoneStarSilvia
10-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Did your Regime's have that perk that the fire rate drops while zoomed, but deals more damage? I'm wondering if I should've skipped that perk, if at all possible.

theronin
10-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Did your Regime's have that perk that the fire rate drops while zoomed, but deals more damage? I'm wondering if I should've skipped that perk, if at all possible.
All exotics have the same perks. They don't randomized like purples. That perk is what makes the gun so good man. And it's not skippable.

ZenkiKid
10-26-2014, 10:29 AM

I just didn't see the need for it when I rely on my ice breaker so heavily. My Monte Carlo rarely sees any action. Might just store it in the vault for my further warlock

theronin
10-26-2014, 12:51 PM
I just didn't see the need for it when I rely on my ice breaker so heavily. My Monte Carlo rarely sees any action. Might just store it in the vault for my further warlock

Lol well man thats cause Ice Breaker is also equally amazeballs. Can't wait till we are allowed to run multiple exotics, so I can run these 2 beauties side by side

ZenkiKid
10-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Doubt that'll ever happen. It would be overkill.

theronin
10-26-2014, 01:00 PM

Don't harsh my vibe bro

ZenkiKid
10-27-2014, 03:56 AM
Got another ice breaker from a legendary engram!

Looks like both my hunter and warlock now both have their own piece of awesomeness

LoneStarSilvia
10-27-2014, 04:05 AM

Yea but they effin should be. I'm seriously not a fan of all the ceilings, if I want to outwork someone else then why can't I?

All exotics have the same perks. They don't randomized like purples. That perk is what makes the gun so good man. And it's not skippable.

Thanks. I can't wait to max out the stability.

sw20g
10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
I got that focused fire perk on some random uncommon auto rifle on my titan that I just started, I love it, makes me want a regime that much more

Lol well man thats cause Ice Breaker is also equally amazeballs. Can't wait till we are allowed to run multiple exotics, so I can run these 2 beauties side by side
If only!... but then people in PvP would complain about it and then all exotics would get nerfed.

Just did the raid for the first time yesterday... talk about having a ragtag group of people, bunch of young kids from the UK with terrible mics (a few of them didn't have any mics at all lol). Even opening the vault was difficult, but we managed to do the entire raid in just over 2 hours. I can't wait to do it again with a solid team with some good communication... I shouldn't complain though, got a Thunderlord exotic heavy machine gun (mf'er hits hard, captains go down in the blink of an eye), warlock raid gloves, fragment of the prime warlock bond, and the chatterwhite shader

theronin
10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
I got that focused fire perk on some random uncommon auto rifle on my titan that I just started, I love it, makes me want a regime that much more

If only!... but then people in PvP would complain about it and then all exotics would get nerfed.

Just did the raid for the first time yesterday... talk about having a ragtag group of people, bunch of young kids from the UK with terrible mics (a few of them didn't have any mics at all lol). Even opening the vault was difficult, but we managed to do the entire raid in just over 2 hours. I can't wait to do it again with a solid team with some good communication... I shouldn't complain though, got a Thunderlord exotic heavy machine gun (mf'er hits hard, captains go down in the blink of an eye), warlock raid gloves, fragment of the prime warlock bond, and the chatterwhite shader
Damn! Made out like a bandit on ur first go at it. And for a random group, sub 3 hours is a very respectable time. Congrats man!

stevenrapids
10-27-2014, 12:01 PM
shit, I made it all the way to Atheon before we had to stop and all i got was ascendant shards. I'm a level 27 and all by weapons are regular blue weapons, the only legendary weapon i have is a heavy machine gun. Hard to take down high level strikes and raid with shit weapons.

theronin
10-27-2014, 12:26 PM
shit, I made it all the way to Atheon before we had to stop and all i got was ascendant shards. I'm a level 27 and all by weapons are regular blue weapons, the only legendary weapon i have is a heavy machine gun. Hard to take down high level strikes and raid with shit weapons.
Suck it up and buy one from the vanguard man.

stevenrapids
10-27-2014, 01:32 PM
i would but the only vendor i can buy weapons from is future war cult. Im not level 3 crucible or vanguard yet. Should have never put the mark of the FWC on.

ZenkiKid
10-28-2014, 09:51 AM
I got the raid ship for practically standing there last night.

Buddy of mine wanted to beat atheon on hard mode and was given a checkpoint to do it. Me and 4 other people just hid from atheon while he did all the work. 1 min later got the ship and 3 shards and 3 energies.

Another guy got the mythoclast

LoneStarSilvia
10-28-2014, 04:59 PM
I need some raid buddies, I'm finally exotic and legendary everything.

sw20g
10-28-2014, 05:11 PM
I need some raid buddies, I'm finally exotic and legendary everything.

If you're on ps4 feel free to add me, gt is: Rpatton_

stevenrapids
10-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Just got the found verdict in the raid last night. You get an assload of ascendant material from the raid. I have 40 shards, but im waiting to use them until I Replace my existing legendary armor for raid armor. Our fireteam ran through the whole raid till Atheon in like 2 hours then couldn't get our shit together for atheon. Any tips for beating him? We kept running into trouble due to lack of communication on who was gonna pick up the relic since they send 3 random people through the time flux now.

ZenkiKid
10-29-2014, 08:29 AM
What we did was everybody went on the center platform and had the cleanse shield up while we unloaded on his ass. (Pause ) Took like 4 rounds of doing this but this is the easiest non-cheese way of doing it.

theronin
10-29-2014, 11:20 AM
What we did was everybody went on the center platform and had the cleanse shield up while we unloaded on his ass. (Pause ) Took like 4 rounds of doing this but this is the easiest non-cheese way of doing it.

You do not have to gather. We used to do that until we realized that the moment the "away team" destroys the last Oracle everyone gets the damage buff. So all hunters should be in gunslinger and warlocks in voidwalker. Then spam nades and specials due to the super quick recharge on them for that 25 seconds.

stevenrapids
10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Beat it, thanks guys. Weapons of light(Titan defender) does wonders. Really wanted to get atheons epilogue auto rifle and all I got was the shader.

theronin
10-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Beat it, thanks guys. Weapons of light(Titan defender) does wonders. Really wanted to get atheons epilogue auto rifle and all I got was the shader.
Got our whole group up to speed to deal with the raid changes. Pretty much have normal on farm mode at this point. Now we just trying to get that raid gear so we can start to tackle hard. We tried it the other day and got Rofl stomped. Non rez in hard mode is no fucking joke.

stevenrapids
10-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Got our whole group up to speed to deal with the raid changes. Pretty much have normal on farm mode at this point. Now we just trying to get that raid gear so we can start to tackle hard. We tried it the other day and got Rofl stomped. Non rez in hard mode is no fucking joke.

The random time flux portal is annoying as shit. Literally everyone has to know what to do and how to use the relic. It gets easier everytime though. Still haven't gotten raid gear at all. Can you run the raid more than once a week and still get loot? Kinda sucks the raid didnt count as a strike on my exotic bounty though.

theronin
10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
The random time flux portal is annoying as shit. Literally everyone has to know what to do and how to use the relic. It gets easier everytime though. Still haven't gotten raid gear at all. Can you run the raid more than once a week and still get loot? Kinda sucks the raid didnt count as a strike on my exotic bounty though.
No, once a week only. And you really only need 3-4 people who know how to use the relic to be fine. Everyone just needs to learn to shoot the oracles. The relic is fairly easy to use, nade to cleanse, melee button for light hit, trigger for hard hit. Jump and trigger for aoe slam. Just like sword of crota. Both shoulders for the projectile blast.

Grab relic, run to mobs while the other 2 how a nade or rocket down there. They get to the oracles, cleanse walk out. Cleanse after portal, everyone spams nades and supers. Relic holder spams projectile shot. We've got it down to 6 teleports and he's dead. Don't even bother with using weapons on him. Well unless u a titan, but only cause u don't have a projectile super. He can just spam nades and shoot his hardest hitting gun.

gearhead55
10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Somehow i got an exotic weapon bounty, but it's for a warlock and i'm a hunter. WTF? will i still get an exotic for completing it?

i've done two and now i'm on the third one, which is "complete a weekly challenge activity". I've only been doing matchmaking stuff and i guess the weeklys can't use matchmaking. So who wants to add me and get the weekly done? my sn is GearHead555

theronin
10-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Somehow i got an exotic weapon bounty, but it's for a warlock and i'm a hunter. WTF? will i still get an exotic for completing it?

i've done two and now i'm on the third one, which is "complete a weekly challenge activity". I've only been doing matchmaking stuff and i guess the weeklys can't use matchmaking. So who wants to add me and get the weekly done? my sn is GearHead555
Are you on xbox? If so add me n I can help you. ronine

All exotic bounties are for weapons only, so class does not matter.

gearhead55
10-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Damn no I'm on PS4.

ok cool. i need some exotic stuffs

ZenkiKid
10-31-2014, 11:26 AM
Im on PS4 too..

Add me: Kidkato

sw20g
10-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Patience and time worth buying from xur this weekend?

ZenkiKid
10-31-2014, 12:47 PM
No IMO. seems tedious to upgrade it.

Ice Breaker is king.

theronin
10-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Patience and time worth buying from xur this weekend?
You pvp alot? That is a straight up pvp sniper if I've ever seen one.

LoneStarSilvia
10-31-2014, 05:16 PM
I got one in a random drop a while back, I've stopped upgrading my Regime to work on getting the active camo for the P&T. It's pretty potent.

dpak
11-25-2014, 12:16 PM
anyone want to pvp/raid right now?
ps4 : moarpowerr

stevenrapids
11-25-2014, 12:48 PM
me and a few buddies may need a few to raid tonight on xbox 1. we've done it a few times and want to get some more loot. gamertag: FLSHE10AZZDRAGN or you can text me 937-681-4516

theronin
11-25-2014, 01:51 PM
me and a few buddies may need a few to raid tonight on xbox 1. we've done it a few times and want to get some more loot. gamertag: FLSHE10AZZDRAGN or you can text me 937-681-4516
What level are all of you? I run the VoG with my normal group round 8-9 tonight but me and a few others may be down to hop on our alts and bust it out again.

stevenrapids
11-25-2014, 02:25 PM
What level are all of you? I run the VoG with my normal group round 8-9 tonight but me and a few others may be down to hop on our alts and bust it out again.

29's mostly, depending on which friends. My weapons are not the best and we normally just run it on lvl 26 hoping to get the rest of the raid armor and ascendant material.

ZenkiKid
11-25-2014, 02:33 PM
anyone want to pvp/raid right now?
ps4 : moarpowerr

Debby lets raid TONIGHT!!!

theronin
11-25-2014, 03:09 PM
29's mostly, depending on which friends. My weapons are not the best and we normally just run it on lvl 26 hoping to get the rest of the raid armor and ascendant material.
No prob. I generally won't run hard mode without 3 or more 30s. I'll hit ya up later tonight if I can field some more for ya.

ZenkiKid
12-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Im reading on the destiny reddit page that the game is pretty much dead unless you download the DLC. That sucks.

No access to the weekley and nightfall strikes and only the new strike playlist yields engrams and the lower ones no longer do.

theronin
12-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Im reading on the destiny reddit page that the game is pretty much dead unless you download the DLC. That sucks.

No access to the weekley and nightfall strikes and only the new strike playlist yields engrams and the lower ones no longer do.
It's just this week.

stevenrapids
12-09-2014, 02:28 PM
I've read also that all the new crucible armor has like 33 light? basically making all my old raid armor and exotic armor useless if i want to move past level 30.

az_240
12-09-2014, 03:25 PM
^Yep, all the guns too. Kinda frustrating.

theronin
12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
All gear in tower now is 33 light. Raid gear is 36 light. Exotics will be able to be upgraded to new damage values when Xur gets here this weekend. Temple of Crota was cleared in 6 hours this morning, and reports are that it's easier than VoG. I'll let ya know my thoughts after my crew n I take a crack at it tonight.

sw20g
12-09-2014, 05:17 PM
All gear in tower now is 33 light. Raid gear is 36 light. Exotics will be able to be upgraded to new damage values when Xur gets here this weekend. Temple of Crota was cleared in 6 hours this morning, and reports are that it's easier than VoG. I'll let ya know my thoughts after my crew n I take a crack at it tonight.

Myself, 3 of the guys I normally raid with and two randoms went into it at launch without any idea of what to expect... It's certainly not easy, took us about 5 hours to get to Crota, where we decided to take a break.

I'm sure now that we know most of the mechanics it will be a bit quicker the next time around. Compared to VoG I'd say it's harder but that may be because of the level (normal has alot of yellow health bar lvl 33 enemies) and the lack of knowledge of each phase.

I got the Raid chest for my Warlock, which I must say looks badass, and a few other guys got either boots, gloves or both.

ZenkiKid
12-10-2014, 08:06 AM
After seeing how much the light has been buffed I decided to stop upgrading what I already have (Im level 29) because its pretty much pointless and might as well get new armor.

me and 5 other buddies tried the raid. Its fucking hard. The first part if were lucky only 3 people survive and even then you need the titan shield to have a shot at having enough time to build the bridge. Its fun but its harder compared to VOG IMO.

All in all these new missions are challenging and fun. The NPCs are much much more aggressive even in normal mode.

stevenrapids
12-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Can you not be revived in the new raid till you hit a checkpoint? Gives us something new to do, but by the sounds of it, its gonna be hard for fireteams with people under 30.

sw20g
12-10-2014, 09:20 AM
After seeing how much the light has been buffed I decided to stop upgrading what I already have (Im level 29) because its pretty much pointless and might as well get new armor.

me and 5 other buddies tried the raid. Its fucking hard. The first part if were lucky only 3 people survive and even then you need the titan shield to have a shot at having enough time to build the bridge. Its fun but its harder compared to VOG IMO.

All in all these new missions are challenging and fun. The NPCs are much much more aggressive even in normal mode.
Yeah 4 pieces of tower armor gets you to lvl 31 so no point in leveling the pre-dlc stuff. Definitely agree with the fun/harder than VoG statement... This weeks nightfall was a fun but challenging one aswell.

Can you not be revived in the new raid till you hit a checkpoint? Gives us something new to do, but by the sounds of it, its gonna be hard for fireteams with people under 30.
You can be revived. Similar to normal mode VoG there is a timer if you die until you can be revived.

Yeah you pretty much want to have 5 30's and you NEED atleast one level 31 for the last boss.

theronin
12-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Myself, 3 of the guys I normally raid with and two randoms went into it at launch without any idea of what to expect... It's certainly not easy, took us about 5 hours to get to Crota, where we decided to take a break.

I'm sure now that we know most of the mechanics it will be a bit quicker the next time around. Compared to VoG I'd say it's harder but that may be because of the level (normal has alot of yellow health bar lvl 33 enemies) and the lack of knowledge of each phase.

I got the Raid chest for my Warlock, which I must say looks badass, and a few other guys got either boots, gloves or both.
My group and I wanted to try the Raid with no help from outside sources. The light run took us about 5 tries to get everyone to the end. Once we did the standoff was pretty easy due to multiple Gjallahorns and 2 bladedancers running around. We took our time on the bridge to figure out the mechanics and come up with an order of who would go across. we pretty much stopped there so we wouldn't get frustrated, we will continue tonight when I get home from work. I'll keep ya updated.

ZenkiKid
12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
but by the sounds of it, its gonna be hard for fireteams with people under 30.

Yeah definitely gotta be at least 31 to have an even playing field. 29-30 Youll get your ass kicked fast.