PDA

View Full Version : Need help car stranded. Not obvious no start issue.

Payableondeath6
08-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm fine, I have another vehicle and the car is only 2 miles away from my house, but it's a pain running back and forth. I have an interesting no start issue currently making me scratch my head, any help is appreciated. I have never had any starting troubles with the car, but over the last week or so I have caught the alarm going off for no reason twice. Yesterday morning I went out and started my car, drove to PT, and after PT when I went to start it to drive to work I got one click and no cranking, then everything went dark. No chimes, no lights on dash, no cranking, no clicking with the key in any position. I suspected the battery was low since the alarm has likely drained it and my short commute doesn't recharge it fully, so I tried jump starting it and bringing the battery home to charge overnight both to no avail, no changes at all. This morning I checked all the fuses and found the 7.5A "EGI" fuse blown. I replaced this and the car started just fine, I let it run for 10 mins but I could not drive it home because I had both of our vehicles with me. When I returned 10 mins later it acted the exact same as before and the "EGI" fuse was fine?! It acts the exact same now. As a note the ignition switch was changed about a month ago and I have had no problems with starting at all. Only things I can think of is the new ignition switch failing or the battery chassis ground (I noticed this was not screwed down when I removed the battery, but that hasn't changed recently). I'm going to fix the battery ground and hopefully that fixes it, but any ideas are greatly appreciated.

anti tyler
08-23-2014, 03:38 PM
before I read all this tow it home. Even if your other vehicle is a small car. throw a tow rope on it and get it home.

First of all are you still getting no lights? Or are the lights coming on but no cranking still

Payableondeath6
08-23-2014, 03:49 PM
No lights at all. Tried zip tying the battery ground down and it made no difference.

Payableondeath6
08-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Got the car up and running now. Ended up being the ground and probably a bad cable end. Cleared off a new ground and bolted it down and I replaced the negative battery cable end and it started right up.