PDA

View Full Version : RS Enthalpy ECU

NickS14
08-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Purchasing a used, but confirmed authentic Enthalpy ECU, I contacted Martin at RS Enthalpy and he has told me that I would not need a retune with the difference in setups ...

ECU - T25, N62, 370cc, 91 octane

Current setup - T3/T4, N62, 370cc, 93 octane

Ive reached out to Martin again but have not heard back, he said the difference in turbo size doesn't make a difference but I was unsure if the difference in octanes would make a difference in whether I have to send it to him for a retune or not, or if I should just run 91 octane. What do you guys think?

fliprayzin240sx
08-22-2014, 03:41 PM
How is a T25 and T3/T4 turbo not going to make a difference? Air flow between the isnt anywhere close to the same. 7 psi on a T25 gets you about 180whp, 7 psi on a T3/T4 will probably get you 230-250whp depending on the trim. I say get another tune.

NickS14
08-22-2014, 03:54 PM
How is a T25 and T3/T4 turbo not going to make a difference? Air flow between the isnt anywhere close to the same. 7 psi on a T25 gets you about 180whp, 7 psi on a T3/T4 will probably get you 230-250whp depending on the trim. I say get another tune.

And my reservations were exactly the same, but if it were untrue why would the man who tunes the ecu's say it to be so? He stands to make more money if he says it would need a retune, rather than not...

NickS14
08-22-2014, 10:53 PM
First off, I would like to say how great the customer service from Martin at RS Enthalpy has been. Highly recommended, nothing but highly informative and very timely with help.

But he has stated that I would not need a retune with the diff in turbos, but not to exceed 8psi.

Chaluska
08-22-2014, 11:53 PM
you can tune to 93, but then if you get out of the area, and can only find 91, then your screwed..

i ran into this same discussion with R.S.E when i get my tune from him. 93 and 91 are different tunes.but you can run 93 and 91 on the 91 octane fuel map...

safe > sorry

jr_ss
08-23-2014, 08:05 AM
If you can't exceed 8psi, what's the point of not retuning it? Based on your setup, 370cc's aren't going to get you much over 8psi anyway. So until you get injectors, I would run it AT NO MORE than 7psi. Once you get injectors, send it to Martin if you have the luxury of having the car down. Have him retune the ecu for your setup and then you'll be able to boost up to whatever your new fuel injectors can handle.

anti tyler
08-23-2014, 08:32 AM
If you can't exceed 8psi, what's the point of not retuning it? Based on your setup, 370cc's aren't going to get you much over 8psi anyway. So until you get injectors, I would run it AT NO MORE than 7psi. Once you get injectors, send it to Martin if you have the luxury of having the car down. Have him retune the ecu for your setup and then you'll be able to boost up to whatever your new fuel injectors can handle.

Listen to this, if you swapped turbo's, you have to understand he took into account the fact that you're running 370CC injectors.

He's not going to assume you're maxing out the injectors unless you tell him you are. Otherwise there should be no cause for a re-tune for 1+PSI variation.

Now if you dropped 550's in and that's what you told him you had, maybe he would have said otherwise.

NickS14
08-23-2014, 08:33 AM
you can tune to 93, but then if you get out of the area, and can only find 91, then your screwed..

i ran into this same discussion with R.S.E when i get my tune from him. 93 and 91 are different tunes.but you can run 93 and 91 on the 91 octane fuel map...

safe > sorry

That's exactly what he told me too, I could run either bc of the ECU being tuned for 91.

NickS14
08-23-2014, 08:40 AM

My waste gate spring is 8psi so that's what I run, once I upgrade injectors and up the boost I will most certainly send it back out to him to retune as I had this very basic set-up bc the car used to be my daily. Also, I got a great deal on the used ECU and, according to Martin, I didn't have to retune, so I jumped on it so I can get rid of running off of a crappy SAFC.

Ka-t in progress
08-23-2014, 10:14 AM
You will be fine. I trust martin since he does this for a living,he wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. When I ordered my tune from him he didn't necessarily need the turbo size I was running,just the set up. He's been spot on and I've had many issues(on my part) not the tune, he's put me right on the issue just by my explanations and findings.