PDA

View Full Version : Phone service, how much are you paying??

No 240.. No id
08-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Hello everyone, i'm posting this because i need a little help with a cell phone carriers/plan.

I currently have t-mobile, and i have Unlimited talk, txt and "data" which is crappy after 5 days of paying my bill.

I'm very sick and tierd of their charges. I'm paying $155 for two lines (mine and dads). Last 2 months it was $137.00 and it just keep going up and up. I tried to call and have someone explain, but everything they say is full of crap.

I don't have a contract and its a simple android service. All i need is a android service with a sim cards ( so we don't have to change the phones).

Can someone share their decent plan and carrier with me. Thank you

simmode1
08-13-2014, 05:37 PM
T-Mobile here too. Got 1 line and I'm paying about $75 for unlimited everything after being a loyal customer for 10 years. I'm about to tell them to go fuck themselves and head to www.Ting.com. Same network as Sprint & Verizon? Average monthly bill is $21 with no overage fees?!?! Yes please. Service can't possibly be worse than T-Mobile's...

ManoNegra
08-13-2014, 06:58 PM
$35 on Virgin month to month service. Perfect for me since I hardly ever talk on the phone.

Juantwo3
08-13-2014, 07:17 PM
i pay 98.

unlimited txt with like 600min. and data

No 240.. No id
08-13-2014, 09:22 PM
T-Mobile here too. Got 1 line and I'm paying about $75 for unlimited everything after being a loyal customer for 10 years. I'm about to tell them to go fuck themselves and head to www.Ting.com. Same network as Sprint & Verizon? Average monthly bill is $21 with no overage fees?!?! Yes please. Service can't possibly be worse than T-Mobile's...

I know right? Total BS. What does that $21.00 cover?
$35 on Virgin month to month service. Perfect for me since I hardly ever talk on the phone.

$35.00 unlimited data and txt? I don't talk much on the phone either.

ManoNegra
08-13-2014, 10:17 PM

$35.00 unlimited data and txt? I don't talk much on the phone either.

unlimited text, 2gb data which is fine since there's Wifi at work and home where I'm most of the time.

No 240.. No id
08-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Awesome. I'll look into them, thanks a lot

fliprayzin240sx
08-14-2014, 08:36 AM
I have ATT, they just changed their plans where you're just paying for the data plan and everything else is free. Unlimited calling and text, pick how many lines and how much data you think you'd go thru. I'm paying about $130 for 2 lines with 6g of data.

NISR20MO
08-14-2014, 09:01 AM
I use wal-mart straight-talk service with an AT&T iPhone 4 I bought secondhand. I have been using straight talk for close to 4 years. My phone service refills automatically every 6 months. I use the unlimited plan which runs ~$250 per 6 months and I use it whenever and however I need to, and haven't noticed it limiting me so far. The 411 service cucks sock but you got unlimited web right, so who needs it?

Gnnr
08-14-2014, 02:44 PM
I carry 2 phones (1 for work). I only use GSM phones.

T-Mobile has the best customer service. Unfortunately I have poor reception and this is on a Galaxy Relay 4G. Internet is great. Wifi calling is great which they will enable at no cost if you have poor reception.

The work phone is AT&T and has pretty reliable signal, but I don't use it for much internet since its an abused hand-me-down IPhone 4 thats annoying to use.

Edit: To answer your question T-Mo is $60 unlimited everything and 3GB high speed.

simmode1
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Click on the link in my first post & check out their rate chart. Their services are ala carte, so you pick what you think you'll need.

So, for example... They charge $6/mo to service your phone. If you wanted the absolute cheapest package they offer, that would be $3 for 100 minutes of talk time, $3 for 100 texts & $3 for 100 mb of data. Add that all up & you've got $21 before taxes.

But if you go over those allowances, they don't charge you overages fees... They just bump you up to the level of service that you used for the one feature that you exceeded your limit.

If you barely talk on the phone, you could get the $3 talk plan but match it with the higher $8 text plan & the $12 data plan for a total of $29 after the $6 service fee. It's all up to you.

You just need a Sprint capable phone, which they sell new or used & you can also trade them your existing phone. They'll pay 25% of your ETF's to help get you out of a contract too.

Kaifd3s
08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I have ATT, they just changed their plans where you're just paying for the data plan and everything else is free. Unlimited calling and text, pick how many lines and how much data you think you'd go thru. I'm paying about $130 for 2 lines with 6g of data.

Pretty much the same thing, except 3 lines unlimited talk and text with 10g of data for around $180-140 a month. My moms likes to call Trinidad and it varies. She just can't get the hang of Google voice yet.