PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Robin Williams

HyperTek
08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
=(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/08/11/robin-williams-is-dead/13925199/

The Marin County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of actor/comedian Robin Williams in Tiburon, Calif., north of San Francisco.

According to a press release issued by the coroner's division of the sheriff's office, Williams was found unconscious and not breathing inside his home in Tiburon around noon local time, and was pronounced dead shortly after.

The press release identified him by his full name, Robin McLaurin Williams, 63.

The coroner suspects the death was "a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made." A forensic examination is currently scheduled for Tuesday, the press release said.

Williams' rep confirmed the death to USA TODAY, E News, Entertainment Weeklyand others.

"Robin Williams passed away this morning," said Mara Buxbaum, president of his PR firm. "He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

His wife, Susan Schneider, issued a brief statement: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken," she said.

The news of his death sent shock waves through Hollywood, and prompted an outpouring of grieving tweets, including from the Sesame Street gang. "We mourn the loss of our friend Robin Williams, who always made us laugh and smile," their tweet read.

Williams' last tweet and Instagram was on July 31, when he wished his daughter, Zelda Rae, a happy 25th birthday and posted a picture of himself with her. "Quarter of a century old today but always my baby girl," he captioned the photo.

Williams will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third Night at the Museum film. Fox issued a statement, according to EW.

"There really are no words to describe the loss of Robin Williams. He was immensely talented, a cherished member of our community, and part of the Fox family. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. He will be deeply missed."

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, also recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus, according to EW.

theronin
08-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Guess this makes "What Dreams May Come" a documentary.

BOROSUN
08-11-2014, 06:08 PM
man, can't believe he's gone. RIP.

one of my fav actor/comedian.

deolio
08-11-2014, 06:18 PM
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/resan18/jumanji3.jpg

simmode1
08-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Terrible and sad stuff here. A co-worker just mentioned this to me and some young chick popped up and said "Who's Robin Williams?" Containing my ire was very difficult. R.I.P Robin.

tricky_ab
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuzBGItIMAANIzP.jpg

I just can't believe it. So fucking sad.

RIP

theronin
08-11-2014, 06:27 PM
So sad that he killed himself?

S14DB
08-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Yes ...

theronin
08-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Cowards way out

zooopreme
08-11-2014, 08:27 PM

Cowards way out

You are incredibly ignorant. He wasn't just "so sad". Depression is a much more real thing.

Questions like the one you posted are one of the reasons why mental health awareness needs to be taught more in education. In America alone, we've had way too many incidents (like the mass shootings) and this disease affects more than just normal people.

Robin had a family that loved him, money, career achievements and yet still decided to ultimately take his life. It really is a powerful demon.

RIP Robin Williams

Sumslapper
08-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Permanent solution to a temporary problem. Everyone gets down, you just need to remember their is light at the end of the tunnel! Rip Robin Williams :(

theronin
08-11-2014, 09:02 PM
You are incredibly ignorant. He wasn't just "so sad". Depression is a much more real thing.

Questions like the one you posted are one of the reasons why mental health awareness needs to be taught more in education. In America alone, we've had way too many incidents (like the mass shootings) and this disease affects more than just normal people.

Robin had a family that loved him, money, career achievements and yet still decided to ultimately take his life. It really is a powerful demon.

RIP Robin Williams
That's not what I meant when I said so sad. I do not have that much sympathy for people who are so selfish they take their own lives, and leave their families to pick up the pieces and wonder what they did wrong/miss. He was a favorite of mine, and I enjoy many of his movies, but to go out like this just puts a sour taste in my mouth about him.

HyperTek
08-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I could only assume alot of stand up comedians probably drug up to get over stage fright early in their careers, and just keep at it. Im only assuming, but that way they can loosen and just straight up say whatever when performing etc.

K_style
08-11-2014, 11:07 PM
R.i.p .

drift freaq
08-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Permanent solution to a temporary problem. Everyone gets down, you just need to remember their is light at the end of the tunnel! Rip Robin Williams :(

It's not that simple. Oh and if you don't understand then you can either seek out an education about mental health . Or learn to have sympathy for things even if you don't understand
Depression can be and is a disease. Clinical depression is real . It's not as simple as you try to make it out to be. Much like the person that does not understand the disease of addiction and alcoholism. Oh and sober and clean addicts and alcoholics can suffer from clinical depression as well.

R.I.P. Robin I hope you have escaped your inner demons.

That's not what I meant when I said so sad. I do not have that much sympathy for people who are so selfish they take their own lives, and leave their families to pick up the pieces and wonder what they did wrong/miss. He was a favorite of mine, and I enjoy many of his movies, but to go out like this just puts a sour taste in my mouth about him.

Read what I wrote above man. Man some of you guys just don't understand. He was suffering from a disease of sorts. He was depressed for months. Having personally known people,who were clean and sober, yet still depressed and understanding their disease... I can tell you it's not as black and white as you would have yourself believe.
You should be saying I am grateful I did not have to suffer like he did. Instead you judge him with derision .

Yes people a lot of people in the entertainment business suffer from the disease of addiction and alcoholism. Musicians,actors, comedians etc... Something about being creative just seems to go hand in hand.
It can also lead to clinical depression.

TheRealSy90
08-12-2014, 01:38 AM
"reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire"

Noooooooo!!!!!!

Man, I would have loved a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel, just happened to watch it again the other day. This really sucks.

J3123MY
08-12-2014, 02:57 AM

No one cares about the sour taste in your mouth but you. How would you like him to die?

ManoNegra
08-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Marc Maron interviewed him a few years back on his podcast.
It is a very good interview and one of the few where he put down the facade and addressed his demons candidly.
I wasn't a huge fan of his but understand and appreciate his work impact on comedy. RIP

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams

S14DB
08-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Hr1fFMp0MqU

Sumslapper
08-13-2014, 02:07 AM
It's not that simple. Oh and if you don't understand then you can either seek out an education about mental health . Or learn to have sympathy for things even if you don't understand
Depression can be and is a disease. Clinical depression is real . It's not as simple as you try to make it out to be. Much like the person that does not understand the disease of addiction and alcoholism. Oh and sober and clean addicts and alcoholics can suffer from clinical depression as well.

Maybe you should get some real world experience and put down the books. I have dealt with sudden death, addiction and suicide within my own family. Suicide has a whole other feeling to it than a natural death and I am very sympathetic to anyone who has had to go through this sort of tragedy. Its a feeling of no closure and unanswered questions. You can try and help someone who is depressed or suicidal but in the end, it is ultimately their choice to get better, get help or pull the trigger.

To see tears on the ink of a suicide letter is a memory I wish on no one.

theronin
08-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Maybe you should get some real world experience and put down the books. I have dealt with sudden death, addiction and suicide within my own family. Suicide has a whole other feeling to it than a natural death and I am very sympathetic to anyone who has had to go through this sort of tragedy. Its a feeling of no closure and unanswered questions. You can try and help someone who is depressed or suicidal but in the end, it is ultimately their choice to get better, get help or pull the trigger.

Thank you for putting it into words for me/us

Gnnr
08-13-2014, 03:49 AM
What I always remember is seeing in class what a brain with depression looks like

http://www.wwu.edu/healthyliving/education/Depression/images/causesMRI.jpg

A flood of hormones are released, you will not function like normal when that happens.

RIP Robin Williams

Frank_Jaeger
08-13-2014, 06:33 PM
What I always remember is seeing in class what a brain with depression looks like

http://www.wwu.edu/healthyliving/education/Depression/images/causesMRI.jpg

A flood of hormones are released, you will not function like normal when that happens.

RIP Robin Williams
Antidepressants can be worse than actual depression too. Our rudimentary approach to solving mental conditions with pharmaceuticals almost always introduces severe side effects. I got off antidepressants a couple years ago and I'm never going back on.

zooopreme
08-13-2014, 08:23 PM

This is absolute crap. Why? Because you've experienced all of those things and your outlook on depression/suicide is still "permanent solution for a temporary problem" You are right about "the choice being theirs, ultimately" but the rest and your previous post are just crap.

Since you have had people in your own family go through addiction and even suicide, you of all people should show more empathy but instead, you're trying to brand people that suffer from depression as lesser people and taking away from depression as a disease by making in the same category as a mood. That's really shitty of you and others.

I'm sorry for your loss but your outlook has been tainted by the way that society today handles mental health.

HeyGirlHeyyy
08-14-2014, 10:24 AM
I'll just leave this here. It doesn't speak for everyone, but it does offer some insight on how damning depression is. Try not to marginalize someone who's really suffering as being "sad" or whatever. It's much more than that. Depression totally kills your motivation and warps your outlook on life, robbing you of the ability to see the good things life has to offer.

Author unknown.
http://i.imgur.com/ihTnzCw.jpg

WheelWhore
08-14-2014, 10:59 AM
^thats some rough shit.

I think anyone who passes judgement on the situation is ignorant.

OutlawLui
08-14-2014, 11:35 AM
My brother had hard times with depression as is barely getting a bit better

sucks..i know how it can affect you

he use to laugh make jokes, outgoing, and fun guy.

and after it hit him hard he started being really quiet, and always
had a blank stare on his face. He even started to hear things..i thought
it was schizophrenia at first but it wasn't .

for for a while was doing drugs to deal with it..really got bad and
he changed a lot. Sad part is that he is my younger brother. and no
matter what i did i felt i couldn't help him. He lost his job, home, cars
and friends.

He is living with a roommate at the moment and is getting a bit better, he
smiles more now and is looking for a job. So all the talking i did with him and family
actually did help a bit after all. At least i think so> Hope its not just a act to hide
his real emotions
.................................................. ..............................

idk what else to say. Other than that it makes me sad to see a person that
dedicated his life to making others laugh had to go through this and to see it
end how it did..

I also feel like if Robbin Williams would have bin able to see how much people likes
him and looked up to him it might have helped a bit.

blah blah...

my bad ..kinda killed the thread.

Rip R.W.

J3123MY
08-14-2014, 07:41 PM
have you guys seen World's Greatest Dad?

Super eerie, just saw it. His son in the movie is also killed by a belt, but as a result of an accident while masturbating while choking. The belt in the movie appears to be set up similar to how Robin Williams suicide was described.

az_240
08-14-2014, 08:41 PM
It's sad the word "depression" carries such a negative stigma in society. Most people don't want anything to do with the person once that word is dropped. Seems like most feel a depressed person is just dead weight by that point... like they should just flip a switch and be happy for what they have. Unfortunately, chemicals in the brain are likely out of whack and the person can't for the life of them think clearly or feel better. It really is tough for a depressed person to get help..... Most meds currently out there just make the condition worse.
I will say, probably the best thing for a depressed person is to stay busy. Looks like Robin Williams was out of work for a while, suffering from onset Parkinson's and going back to alcohol/drugs to help ease the pain and maybe even felt like his family/friends just didn't understand.
Really sucks to see him go out like this.... He's definitely one of a kind. Hook and Aladdin are easily two of my favorite childhood movies.

BOROSUN
08-15-2014, 06:16 PM
have you guys seen World's Greatest Dad?

Super eerie, just saw it. His son in the movie is also killed by a belt, but as a result of an accident while masturbating while choking. The belt in the movie appears to be set up similar to how Robin Williams suicide was described.
I have.

funny, I was telling my coworker this... that the police report left out. that he had a tube of sock in his hand, found masturbating.

he will be missed. he was a fellow gamer as well. I probably played against him on battlefield and didn't know.

Kaifd3s
08-15-2014, 10:51 PM
One of my favorite childhood actors. R.I.P Mr. Williams, Comedy has taken a big hit.

Favorite movie of his next to "Flubber"

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/[email protected]@._ V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg