PDA

View Full Version : Deceleration vibration issues..

solo_ryder
08-07-2014, 07:56 PM
I have had this issue for some time.. When I am cruising in 3rd or 5th at about 2.5-3.5k rpms (usually highway around 70-80mph in 5th) and I let off the gas completely to decel the rear end vibrates. Its really annoying.. 1st, 2nd and 4th have no issue at any speed or RPM.. I am not sure what it is and want to know if others have had this issue. Here are some factors that I think may cause the issue:

I have stock mounts that have 3m window weld on the outside ribs

Stock trans mount that was just changed, helped a very small amount, OEM.

Recent clutch (white bunny flyhweel and clutch assembly from comp clutch, organic disk)

stock VSLD which Im pretty sure is not locking up anymore

I did notice when I pull the ebrake up almost 90% of the vibration goes away in the back end goes away?? If im accelerating everything is OK.

Any ideas? I tried swapping the driveshaft around 180deg did nothing. Carrier bearing seems to be ok, its not broken or anything..

kota2240
08-21-2014, 04:55 AM
If you have a spare diff swap it out real quick...My problem was the pinion bearing in the diff. Easier to just swap the pumpkins. Mine would do it at various gears and rpms too.

fliprayzin240sx
08-21-2014, 06:45 AM
You double checked all the driveshaft bolts are tight?

solo_ryder
10-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Yup all bolts are tight and dont seem to have excess play in the carrier bearing.. diff or mounts?