PDA

View Full Version : sr20det blacktop doesnt stay running

SidewaysS13ka
08-04-2014, 05:24 AM
hey zilvia hopefully you guys can help me out, because i spent three hours on the side of the road trying to figure out why my buddies car just lost power.

well heres the deal. we were driving along the road and he ripped on it from 1st and missed third and then immediately pushed the clutch in to avoid any trans damage, but then coming up the hill we lost power it was like the car was holding back and killing itself out. i glanced at the afrs and they were 11.1 and 10.0- when he was trying to give it gas going up the hill and it was just not going anywhere.

he is running a jk tuning 3bar map sensor tune and we had a spare map sensor in the car :angel: plugged that in and still didnt want to fire back up, there are a bunch of fail safes on his tune also, so maybe his ecu went into to some kind of fail safe so he didnt over boost it. so i figured i would get on the phone with some of my sr friends and see if they can help, but no go :down:, so i decided to start looking around and try not to get smoked by a mad mom in a minivan while doing this. i found a loose positive cable on the battery and the clip on the back of the firewall for the block ground was off. all the grounds and connectors seem to be in tact. the fuel pump is flowing and all fuses, and ic piping are in tact.

spark plugs are good and its not flooded. all the ignition fuses and 75a alt fuse are good, so now this leaves me stumped on the side of the road.:rant2: what the hell couldve came loose after we hit the dip in the bridge and why did the car start to hold back after he missed third?

whats really throwing me for a loop is it wants to start, but not stay running it just dies right out after you give it gas to rev it up to keep it running. also the car is maf less, maybe the ecu dropped the tune and is looking for a maf again or some electrical gremlins got to it. idk what to do to help my buddy out. any input from some sr people would help get this car back n the road.

JKTUNING
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I am pretty sure I know this car, Damian's?

If you guys get a chance, shoot me an email and we can do a remote session and see what is going on!