PDA

View Full Version : NY Testing waters. Just finished the build. 1995 240sx s14 se series 2 rb25det

redjet
07-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I WAS ON FACEBOOK AND SOME DUDE SAW A PIC OF MY CAR SAYING ITS WORTH 12K ON THE WEST COAST. I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

Copied this from my build thread:
I built myself this car to continuously enjoy, constantly modify and on occasion surprise the life out of my neighborhood's local "fast cars." All this was done by the incredible team at C&S Motorsports who are responsible for #dirtybuilt. I thank them greatly for their patience with me as I insist on overnight parts everytime there is a snag. Big thanks to Wiring Specialities, Raw Brokerage, FRSport, Turn14 and countless other vendors for dealing with my questions and allowing me to open accounts to get great discounts on all the parts I have needed along the way.

I bought this car from a local guy who had big dreams. He got the chassis, stripped it, bought an enitre r33 front clip and rear subframe, stripped that and then couldn't take the next step for several years until I showed up with my pickup truck and a trailer.

When I got the car it was two tone, previous owner sold the front end when he wanted to go R33 but then got the replacement stock front end as plans changed. The car is currently three tone because on the first test drive I was so excited that I forgot to bolt down the hood and it went flying into the air.

This is stage 1. I have included pricing on most things not to show off but to inform those who are looking to do this type of swap of what costs will be involved.

Chassis:
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
Original 5 Speed, Original 5 Lug, Original White Cluster, Original Spoiler
111,xxx miles on Dash

Body:
Front Turn signals and side markers deleted
Relative straight
Some minor surface rust, not on the rocker panels, from sitting around for years.

Engine:
1996 Skyline GTS-T Type M Series 2 RB25det $1,250
Mileage on motor: 133,231 km (82,786 miles) I KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CLUSTER
Brand New OEM Full Engine Gasket Set $170
Brand New Wiring Specialities Engine/Trans/Coilpack Harness and Subharnesses $520
Brand New OEM Timing Belt $40
Brand New OEM Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley $42
Brand New OEM Timing Belt Tensioner Spring $42
Brand New OEM Timing Belt Idler Pulley $3
Brand New Gates Alternator Belt $10
Brand New Gates A/C Belt $10
Brand New Gates Power Steering Belt $10
Brand New Fuel Filter $10
Brand New Oil Filter $10
Brand New NGK Spark Plugs $20
ISIS Chrome Intake Manifold $400
1993 Q45 Throttle Body with TPS $100
Brand New OEM Timing Backing Plate $75
EXHAUST ELBOW FROM SYKO SKYLINE RB25DET ENGINE INTO 240SX SWAP KIT $585
JDM SR20det Downpipe bolted to SYKO Elbow $70
Stock E60 MAF
Brand New Brass Fittings for all hoses
ALL BRAND NEW HOSES
ALL FLUIDS CHANGED
Custom Throttle Cable Bracket
S14 TEST PIPE $40
eBay exhaust with brand new Exhaust hangers $100
ARP Head Studs $140
Head was milled, decked and checked for any possible issues
All lifters replaced by DNJ Lifters LIF630 $300
All new valve seals $100
Custom bracket to mount intake cone to MAF
Intake cone

Cooling:
BIG ASS Front Mount Intercooler
Vibrant Performance Intercooler Piping and Elbows
2 12” Mishimoto Fans $120
Mishimoto Fan Mount Kits $20
KA Radiator
TurboSmart Dual Port BOV

Drivetrain:
RB25 5 Speed Transmission $800
1 piece driveshaft $450
Transmission Mount from McKinney Mounting Kit $500
SYKO engine mounts
R33 crossmember
Custom Power Steering System using S14 and R33 components
R33 VSLD Diff (Fluid was drained and refilled the right way, not opening the back)
Brand New Whiteline Traction Control Rear Front Support Differential Mount Bushings
Z32 NA Driver Side Axle on Passenger Side, J30 Driver Side Axle on Drive Side $150

Suspension and Brakes:
Brand New Megan Racing Coilovers Front and Rear $1,000
Skyline Rotors, Calipers and Pads on the Front
Stock S14 Rotors, calipers and pads on the Rear to preserve e-brake
Brand New Polyurethane Rack And Pinion Bushings $25

Wheels:
Stock 5 lug wheels
Brand New OEM Lug Nuts all around $25

Electronics:
Brand New AEM 30-4406 52mm Boost Digital Gauge $130
Brand New AEM 30-4100 6-in-1 UEGO Wideband O2 Gauge $160
Brand New ATI Dual Gauge Pod $50
Brand New Interstate Battery $80

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/smindsinc/SHESDONE14.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/smindsinc/SHESDONE9.jpg

Not in a rush to sell it. Not sure if I even want to sell it. TESTING WATERS

Danny
347-653-0876

corby_baby
07-30-2014, 12:05 PM
$12k? maybe $6-7k at most.

redjet
07-30-2014, 12:10 PM
$12k? maybe $6-7k at most.

That is what a dude from Oregon said based on 1 pic of my car. That's also not the asking price.

Gucci mane
07-30-2014, 12:43 PM
That dude from Oregon must be on crack^^^

redjet
07-30-2014, 12:44 PM
That dude from Oregon must be on crack^^^

lol thats why i put this thread up. i built the car for myself but for 12k ill sell it

redjet
08-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Just added:

ISIS Suspension kit:
Front Tension Rods
Rear Upper Control Arms
Rear Traction Links
Rear Toe Links

Hallman ES Black MBC

seagrasser
08-01-2014, 11:50 AM
What are you using to tune this thing? $12k would be a stretch on the west coast in this condition and level of customization. I think you could sell it for $7-9K as is with better pictures. Don't see mention of a water pump and N1 oil pump replacement (those can be deal breakers).

Still running stock MAF and boost. That means stock power, so you haven't encountered any of the problems of trying to augment here. Experienced buyers will try to knock you down here.

Just my $0.02

redjet
08-01-2014, 12:05 PM
What are you using to tune this thing? $12k would be a stretch on the west coast in this condition and level of customization. I think you could sell it for $7-9K as is with better pictures. Don't see mention of a water pump and N1 oil pump replacement (those can be deal breakers).

Still running stock MAF and boost. That means stock power, so you haven't encountered any of the problems of trying to augment here. Experienced buyers will try to knock you down here.

Just my $0.02

It is on the stock computer for now. Water pump was replaced. I believe oil pump is stock. There was an interesting debate I saw somewhere that the N1 oil pump is not needed for cars set up as daily drivers which this currently will be for me. It is the stock MAF. Experienced buyers will also know the costs of putting together this setup.

I do appreciate the input and feedback, that was in essence the reason for the thread. Like it says in the text I only posted it based on what a random person told me and I wanted to hear from fellow Zilvians what they thought.

tt20985
08-01-2014, 12:15 PM
It is on the stock computer for now. Water pump was replaced. I believe oil pump is stock. There was an interesting debate I saw somewhere that the N1 oil pump is not needed for cars set up as daily drivers which this currently will be for me. It is the stock MAF. Experienced buyers will also know the costs of putting together this setup.

I do appreciate the input and feedback, that was in essence the reason for the thread. Like it says in the text I only posted it based on what a random person told me and I wanted to hear from fellow Zilvians what they thought.

I agree with "seagrasser". 7-9k is the most you'll get here on Zilvia with this currant setup.
Follow this link to my thread http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=571968
The most a fellow Zilvian have offered to me is 9.5k cash. The least Ive been offered here on Zilvia is 8k.Hope that helped a bit.Good luck with sale.

redjet
08-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I agree with "seagrasser". 7-9k is the most you'll get here on Zilvia with this currant setup.
Follow this link to my thread http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=571968
The most a fellow Zilvian have offered to me is 9.5k cash. The least Ive been offered here on Zilvia is 8k.Hope that helped a bit.Good luck with sale.

Thanks for the input also. The car isnt for sale unless a bag of cash shows up.

Nice car btw we have some similar touches.

seagrasser
08-01-2014, 12:23 PM
I hear ya and agree.

If I take a step back and look at what I wrote.....I guess my point is that for $12k you would need to be in the realm of modified or partially modified power. Nothing wrong with the mods you have here. Should be a nice streetable car, and, with the gasket rebuild, pretty reliable.

Basing this on my experience with my RB swap. I picked up mine (as a started project with swap done) for about $5k and put another $5k into it. Had to correct some issues with the swap. Currently it is a bit further down the road than yours on upgrades, but I don't think I could get more than $10k for it in the Seattle area. Seattle is starving for straight s14's due to the thriving drift culture and the fact that they keep ending up in walls. So the market is pretty hot.

If I were you, keep it and make it your own. It is not an investment and will never be worth more than you put into it.

Enjoy

seagrasser
08-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Here is my photolog

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200697005735921.197141.1484635467&type=1&l=68369d32d6

redjet
08-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I hear ya and agree.

If I take a step back and look at what I wrote.....I guess my point is that for $12k you would need to be in the realm of modified or partially modified power. Nothing wrong with the mods you have here. Should be a nice streetable car, and, with the gasket rebuild, pretty reliable.

Basing this on my experience with my RB swap. I picked up mine (as a started project with swap done) for about $5k and put another $5k into it. Had to correct some issues with the swap. Currently it is a bit further down the road than yours on upgrades, but I don't think I could get more than $10k for it in the Seattle area. Seattle is starving for straight s14's due to the thriving drift culture and the fact that they keep ending up in walls. So the market is pretty hot.

If I were you, keep it and make it your own. It is not an investment and will never be worth more than you put into it.

Enjoy

your car looks good. definitely not an investment cars never are. its just for fun. im liking the rb so far much better than an sr i had before

tt20985
08-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the input also. The car isnt for sale unless a bag of cash shows up.

Nice car btw we have some similar touches.
No problem and Thanks! Work in progress.
I don't blame you.Money does talk.

nissanhoe4show
08-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Maybe put some wheels and paint it, tune it, clean up the engine bay, ad simple bolt ons to the engine, paint it, clean up the headlamps, maybe some interior work, paint it...My favorite part of it is the hard top. After all that maybe you can get 10K...people on zilvia are broke AF lol
...Your'e on the right path and have the right idea should look good when your'e done with it BUMP

redjet
08-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Added HID kit, oil catch can and finally got a wheel alignment. WOOOHOO

redjet
08-12-2014, 12:27 PM
replacing the isis intake manifold with greddy tonight :)))