PDA

View Full Version : S13 rear end repair.

xkirex
07-02-2014, 08:52 PM

Got rear ended. No insurance involved.

Any ideas or tips to get the center part of the rear end frame to be shaped back in place using hand tools.

I cannot afford to take it to a body shop.

xkirex
07-02-2014, 08:54 PM

I got this far by kicking the shit out of it from behind.

Im going to replace the tail lights and rear garnish. I just want the trunk key hole to align the best it can.

They trunk latch assembly is keeping me from hammering it away

MJH240SX
07-03-2014, 06:16 AM
I bought a cheap sheet metal/body repair kit from OReillys for like $40 to use on a friend's car that got a small fender bender. It has all the hammers and dolly's. It was not perfect by any means /I am not a body guy, but I was able to get things straight. In your case, I would think it would be great since you can "cover up" the small imperfections with the lights. Can you cut off the latch assembly and re weld it?
When I needed a new tail light center section, I found it on craigslist for pretty cheap.

Bert Spaid
07-20-2014, 03:07 PM
In most case's you can take the trim off the rear body panel and work it out with a block of wood and a hammer just dont get carried away with it.Iam a bodyman of 35 years you can pm me and we can talk on the phone if you would like to.I am new to this site doing a LS swap for my son.