PDA

View Full Version : *** VarrsToen Wheels - ES8 Pre-Order!!! - NEW WHEEL DESIGN - ETA July 25 ***

Sonic Motor
06-24-2014, 07:42 PM
VARRSTOEN WHEELS - ES8 PRE-ORDER - NEW WHEEL DESIGN

VARRSTOEN ES8
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/05cabf6ce53f1e04cfd4e3e11/images/556e3b40-0c60-46a5-8258-3dc79ad3d72f.jpg

ES8 18x9.5 +35 5x100 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP
ES8 18x9.5 +12 5X114.3 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP
ES8 18x9.5 +22 5X114.3 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP
ES8 18x9.5 +30 5X114.3 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP

ES8 18x10.5 +15 5X114.3 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP
ES8 18x10.5 +22 5X114.3 73.1 SILVER W/ MACHINED FACE+LIP

17" & 19" COMING SOON!

TO PLACE AN ORDER:

PM: SONICMOTOR
EMAIL: [email protected]
CALL/TEXT: 626-214-8214
AIM: KarlWasabi

Wheels are scheduled to arrive July 25

Payments:
Local pickup
Cash (CASH IS KING!)
Money order/Cashiers Check
Paypal (for out of town people only)
Credit card (VISA, MASTER, AMEX, DISC)
9.00% CA tax will apply

Paypal email address: [email protected]

Our Address:
Sonic Motor - Power and Performance
315 Cloverleaf DR STE C
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
626-214-8214

Email: [email protected]
AIM: KarlWasabi

Regular Business Hours
Mon-Friday
10am-6pm
Sat 10am-3pm

wowitsaboy
06-24-2014, 09:56 PM
will the same width and offsets be available in the 17s

GeneStarWindGSW
06-24-2014, 10:04 PM
had to be a matter of time till someone made reps of WORK Equips, atleast it was Varrstoenhttp://my350z.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif. They look nice even with the step lip. Any possibilty to get these w/o step lip on the outter barrel and lower offsets? i'll keep my eye on these

*edit*
I was on my350z browsing varrostoen wheels when i came across this post, good laugh.
http://my350z.com/forum/10068018-post53.html

HipHopHippo
06-24-2014, 10:07 PM
wow that's bullshit

teh smithers
06-24-2014, 10:54 PM
This is sacrilege.

serah31500
06-25-2014, 03:36 AM
Entire made in china replica 240sx cars are soon to follow

DertyDan
06-25-2014, 04:10 AM
the title actually says new wheel design

hardest240owner
06-25-2014, 05:06 AM
wowwwww….Varrstoen has hit a new low. Didn't think it was actually possible.

LEG1T
06-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Damn son. I deff feel some type of way, Equips are too legendary for this.

QuickSpoolSR
06-25-2014, 08:15 AM
It sucks but..... god damn... decent offsets and good price for new wheels

delado
06-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Man, I quit.

hobbs
06-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah... I'm not ok with this either, this is just depressing...

Standard
06-25-2014, 11:49 AM
lame! if someone tries putting equip centercaps on these they should be sentenced to life in prison with no parole

dudermagee
06-25-2014, 11:53 AM
They could have at least made it a non-fake three piece wheel.

dOMEmE
06-25-2014, 12:59 PM
You guys act like you were gunna fucking buy $4000 rims anyway! Yes they are replicas, and so what. Stop acting like 98% of us haven't rocked replicas in the past. If your worried about them "breaking" then you shouldn't have bought a 240. simple. Varrstoen is doing us a favor buy helping us low income people have a nice looking set of wheels for our low budget cars. Relax

dudermagee
06-25-2014, 01:44 PM
You guys act like you were gunna fucking buy $4000 rims anyway! Yes they are replicas, and so what. Stop acting like 98% of us haven't rocked replicas in the past. If your worried about them "breaking" then you shouldn't have bought a 240. simple. Varrstoen is doing us a favor buy helping us low income people have a nice looking set of wheels for our low budget cars. Relax

Wtf are you talking about?

I paid 1200 bucks for my last set of equips w/ tires.

And what does breaking a cheap replica have to do with owning a 240?

BiG MiKE86
06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
i WANTS a set!

Sonic Motor
06-25-2014, 02:18 PM

I couldn't have said this any better myself!

teh smithers
06-25-2014, 02:23 PM

Ah, now I understand. Because I own a 240, I shouldn't care at all about a part that is absolutely imperative for my safety.

G240
06-25-2014, 03:30 PM
The likely hood that a knock off wheel is going to implode on you is rare. All that you have seen online is because someone hit something that was far denser than that wheel itself. So in that case even if the wheel was forged you'll have damage or you'll be dead regardless. I've seen people drift on Varrstoens and Rotas with zero issues.

So stop being a Zilvia Lemming.

teh smithers
06-25-2014, 04:29 PM
The likely hood that a knock off wheel is going to implode on you is rare. All that you have seen online is because someone hit something that was far denser than that wheel itself. So in that case even if the wheel was forged you'll have damage or you'll be dead regardless. I've seen people drift on Varrstoens and Rotas with zero issues.

So stop being a Zilvia Lemming.

I was referring more to the likelihood of failure under normal circumstances, as it pertains to manufacturing quality.

But hell, what do I know

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h9aNcwrLncU/UX-SDMWov-I/AAAAAAAAAoQ/x8RkD4v6VQo/s400/Lemmus+norvegicus+-+Naica+animales+salvajes+-+Lemming.jpg

JDMBart
06-25-2014, 05:28 PM
are these actually 3 piece? Or are those just fake bolts lol

dOMEmE
06-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Well please do tell us all the place you got them at, either the guy was a crack head or the equips you bought were 16x8.5 +45 all around. Maybe you did get the right sizes at that cost but we both know that's rare.

Ah, now I understand. Because I own a 240, I shouldn't care at all about a part that is absolutely imperative for my safety.

Just saying maybe only 8%-9% of 240 owners actually spend real money on their 240s and buy expensive parts. (show cars, Track cars, etc etc) The rest of us just like to look good while we DAILY DRIVE our cars. most of us want the look but don't want to put 4k rims on a 2k car.

"imperative for your safety"? you drive a 240! its a 20 year old car!!! the fucking things airbags might not even go off anymore!! hahaha. if you drive like a normal human being there is no god damn reason why the wheel should break. Do you drift? do you road race? do you auto X? if so then obviously you have money and you could afford a better wheel.

ive owned rotas, XXR, varrstoen and guess what, the only time I broke a rim was when I was being a dumb ass and slid into a curb, other than that ive hit plenty of pot holes in them, and hit plenty of lifted sewer caps...no a damn break in any....you are your own safety precaution.

if your worried about safety, buy some Advan Gts, role cage your car, Install onstar, and wear a life alert around your neck.

Sonic Motor
06-25-2014, 07:10 PM
are these actually 3 piece? Or are those just fake bolts lol

They are one piece wheels. The rivets push into the wheel.

wear a life alert around your neck.

LOL!!!

eclipse_spyder
06-25-2014, 08:01 PM
What wrong with replica wheels? Looks nice to me. I am very interested in what the sizes are for 17's. What's the price on (2)18x9.5+12 and (2)18x10.5+15?

yomisiu
06-25-2014, 08:58 PM

this. sub $2k range or close, all fucking day.

Well please do tell us all the place you got them at, either the guy was a crack head or the equips you bought were 16x8.5 +45 all around. Maybe you did get the right sizes at that cost but we both know that's rare.

Just saying maybe only 8%-9% of 240 owners actually spend real money on their 240s and buy expensive parts. (show cars, Track cars, etc etc) The rest of us just like to look good while we DAILY DRIVE our cars. most of us want the look but don't want to put 4k rims on a 2k car.

no. its not fucking rare. where are you getting this $4k number? what the hell is wrong with you?

at least the XXR equip knock offs didnt put fake bolts on them. (no bolts at all)

these will probably sell like crazy. glad i got rid of mine.

adams 02rs
06-25-2014, 09:27 PM
wow that's bullshit

This is sacrilege.

Entire made in china replica 240sx cars are soon to follow

the title actually says new wheel design

wowwwww….Varrstoen has hit a new low. Didn't think it was actually possible.

Damn son. I deff feel some type of way, Equips are too legendary for this.

Man, I quit.

Yeah... I'm not ok with this either, this is just depressing...

lame! if someone tries putting equip centercaps on these they should be sentenced to life in prison with no parole

They could have at least made it a non-fake three piece wheel.

dammmmmmmmnnnnnnn soooooonnnnnnn! yuuu on fiiiiiiiyyyaaa!

teh smithers
06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
blah blah blah

My car might be old and unsafe, as you say, but regardless of that fact, I prefer to use quality parts. As others have pointed out, used Equips can be had for only a small premium over their knock-off counterparts. With that in mind, why wouldn't I go with the real thing?

Also: you're* roll*

wowitsaboy
06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
As others have pointed out, used Equips can be had for only a small premium over their knock-off counterparts. With that in mind, why wouldn't I go with the real thing?

Also: you're* roll*

possibly because the "real thing" isn't readily available: meaning one has to spend weeks searching forums, with no guarantee that the wheels are still for sale when you eventually do find a thread selling them. or the more likely scenario: when a set does become available you're financially unable to buy them. these knock offs solve both those problems. so that people can build their car to look the way they want it to.

dOMEmE
06-26-2014, 10:01 AM
possibly because the "real thing" isn't readily available: meaning one has to spend weeks searching forums, with no guarantee that the wheels are still for sale when you eventually do find a thread selling them. or the more likely scenario: when a set does become available you're financially unable to buy them. these knock offs solve both those problems. so that people can build their car to look the way they want it to.

:kiss: thank you

teh smithers
06-26-2014, 10:11 AM

While I understand that argument, I'm willing to be patient while I search for wheels. It's not like searching the forums is hard work. At the end of the day, some people are willing to settle for knockoffs, and I'm not one of them.

I'm going to avoid discussing the sticky subject of personal finance.

wowitsaboy
06-26-2014, 10:21 AM
As far as finance: the wheels themselves arn't very expensive. BUT some people just don't have 1500 - 2000 of disposable income just laying around just incase the wheels they want go on sale. "Life" gets in the way of the build more often than not. The availability of these wheels let's people save/budget with a 100% guarantee that they will achieve the look they want when they are ready. It's more of a convenience issue than a financial one. I'm all for quality parts, my stance is: if "legit" is still in production then buy legit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

eclipse_spyder
06-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Why are there so many whiny people in here? This thread meant for pre-order, not bashing. If you don't have any interest in these wheels then what's the point of posting? Go to real wheel sites if that's what you only buy....I'm definitely looking out when the 17's comes available.

vanish1
06-26-2014, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with the overwhelming majority here, those are quite sacrilegious.

and I find it funny how the vendor only quotes the one or two positive comments in the thread and acts like the 20+ other ones dont exist lawls

G240
06-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I have to agree with the overwhelming majority here, those are quite sacrilegious.

and I find it funny how the vendor only quotes the one or two positive comments in the thread and acts like the 20+ other ones dont exist lawls

You obviously have no concept of business and marketing. Silly guy.

With that said lets all keep our opinions to ourselves and stop pissing on the this vendors thread shall we.

wh1tecoop
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Thank you guys. Jesus I can't believe how stupid this shit has gotten. Buy the wheels or GTFO!!! Easy.

Dagostino480
06-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't get why people don't like them haha they look pretty cool. I have had a couple set of the es7 that have been beaten to shit on the track and are still running strong and were cheap. The people that hate on them are people who have never owned them and just read that they cracked because one of there hellaflush friends hit a pothole while driving fast on low pro 40 series tires.

chato de shamrock
06-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Looks mighty nice but why raise my hopes and ask about the specs on the upcoming 17s when I already know Varrstoen turned its back on the 4 lug community. Perhaps when I decide to swap to 5 lug......... i'll just get the legit stuff.

KOUKIboy
06-27-2014, 04:59 AM
I don't get why people don't like them haha they look pretty cool. I have had a couple set of the es7 that have been beaten to shit on the track and are still running strong and were cheap. The people that hate on them are people who have never owned them and just read that they cracked because one of there hellaflush friends hit a pothole while driving fast on low pro 40 series tires.

Its because Equips are the most Epic classic late 90's (I belieive) wheel that Work has made, next to Meisters. Holy grail of wheels if you would, Man Varrstoen what happened to making your own design??? don't have any ideas?? this is like copying the Monalisa :facepalm::facepalm: just my :2c:

BiG MiKE86
06-27-2014, 06:32 AM
What are these going to be selling for?

VNG704
06-27-2014, 07:44 AM
It's not that people don't like this wheel, it's that people don't like that this is a copy of a favorite wheel of many enthusiasts. Of course they look cool, they're Equip replicas. There's obviously a market for them. Good luck with your sale.

That said, keep the hate out this thread please. It's annoying when people bash on FS threads. Start a thread of your own if you want to start another rep wheel hate thread. Actually, don't.

simmode1
06-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Geezus Christ... way to shit all over a paid advertiser's thread! You guys are out of line.

TrustS13
06-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Dumb wheels that will cost 1000 shipped either way. Why not just save for a little longer and buy the real deal? Varrstoen makes a killing off fan boys who decide to spend 1000 on wheels they probably pay 180 for all 4 total, and brag about how they got a good deal... If their price was cheaper I think less people would care about the fact they're knock offs
.. Yet they are somehow coveted as "high end" knock offs?

Sonic Motor
06-27-2014, 12:31 PM

I find this all very entertaining. I'm not replying to the negative comments because what's the point? Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and I'm just agreeing with the more sensible people in here. Besides, anyone that posts a comment, positive or negative, is just giving me a free bump, which I actually really appreciate. Sonic Motor does not manufacture these wheels, we sell them for VarrsToen. Don't shoot the messenger!

And for those complaining about these wheels being knockoffs, we also carry any wheel available from Mackin Industries, SSR, Enkei, Work, etc. So if any of you want some real Work wheels, feel free to PM me for pricing.

azndan2
06-27-2014, 03:39 PM
These wheels look sick.

Ninjaman
06-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Equips are legendary. How can they not be copied. It a about time.

ZX88
06-28-2014, 07:19 PM
lol who cares that someone has made a replica of a wheel thats been out of production for years... its not like work/ssr is making any additional money off of existing sets..

xilovelsdx
06-28-2014, 07:27 PM
These and the XXR versions both look great. Would buy either if I was in the market.

angel mkiv
06-28-2014, 07:39 PM
I guess for us guys that actually buy these wheels for 4k or whatever have to see the next guy have a exact replica wheel for the fraction of the price and put work, volk,etc stickers and try to play it off as the original..obiously were gonna get mad when company's like varrostein make them..

2muchboost
06-30-2014, 09:02 AM
You guys have surely turned this forum into an entertainment hub for me. Knock offs of EVERYTHING you can pretty much think of have been around for ages....whats to stop a company from copying a popular style of wheel? I understand the value between "real" vs "knockoff" but to be honest if I was into sliding my car around I would rather buy and smash up a set of these versus paying extra for the real thing and smashing them up. Just my opinion.

wrh505
06-30-2014, 02:20 PM
18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +15 mm shipped to 87015!

I'll rock these, I have advan model 5s on my s14, and these will look nice on the s13 I am currently building. Most of these haters can't afford even the knockoffs!

Sonic Motor
06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I guess for us guys that actually buy these wheels for 4k or whatever have to see the next guy have a exact replica wheel for the fraction of the price and put work, volk,etc stickers and try to play it off as the original..obiously were gonna get mad when company's like varrostein make them..

Well these don't look EXACTLY like Equips. The ES8's have a step lip and real Equips have a smooth lip. That would be the easiest way to tell them apart. And I'm definitely not cool with people rocking Volk and Work stickers on these wheels. That's just taking it one step too far.

You guys have surely turned this forum into an entertainment hub for me. Knock offs of EVERYTHING you can pretty much think of have been around for ages....whats to stop a company from copying a popular style of wheel? I understand the value between "real" vs "knockoff" but to be honest if I was into sliding my car around I would rather buy and smash up a set of these versus paying extra for the real thing and smashing them up. Just my opinion.

I feel the same way. I would feel terrible destroying "real" wheels at the track.

18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +15 mm shipped to 87015!

I'll rock these, I have advan model 5s on my s14, and these will look nice on the s13 I am currently building. Most of these haters can't afford even the knockoffs!

I'll shoot you a PM right now!

SOAZ
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I would love a legit set of equips (one of my favorite wheels) but people want big bucks now. This gives me the look I want without going broke.

1gr8bar10der
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Will there be other finishes available besides silver? Shipped price to 33615 of...

2x--1895 +12
2x--18105 +15

tryingtobebest
07-01-2014, 09:52 PM
You guys keep talking about Equips?? This are Impul RS wheels

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/tryingtobebest/GTR/20140413_143416_RichtoneHDR.jpg

(Came on my car from Jap, 3 piece, dif front and back lip)

rj180sx
07-02-2014, 01:34 AM
had to be a matter of time till someone made reps of WORK Equips, atleast it was Varrstoenhttp://my350z.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif. They look nice even with the step lip. Any possibilty to get these w/o step lip on the outter barrel and lower offsets? i'll keep my eye on these

*edit*
I was on my350z browsing varrostoen wheels when i came across this post, good laugh.
http://my350z.com/forum/10068018-post53.html

Lol XXR beat em to it

Sonic Motor
07-02-2014, 05:54 PM
All PMs replied!

Sonic Motor
07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
All PMs replied!

Shimadorisanni
07-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Where I can see where people would get ticked off at the release of this wheel (me included) I dont really mind it all that much due to the original equips being discontinued and as a result a lot harder to get. It also kind of irks me that theres little to no originality here. I do however get really really ticked off when varrstoen made the te37 copies. Rays put probably millions of dollars in design, research, and development for the te37 line of wheels. They even created a whole new forging process with whole new equipment to produce the Te37. When you see a company just completely ignore that, and openly copy a wheel, especially one where the company still sells, thats where we have the problem. I just wish that Rays would do something and sue this dead beat company for screwing them that hard. I know I would. Sorry for the reply, but I have had a real burning desire to say this

Sonic Motor
07-07-2014, 07:29 PM
All PMs replied!

fliprayzin240sx
07-07-2014, 10:10 PM
What are these going to be selling for?

As much as a used set of decent sized Equips go for...

Sonic Motor
07-08-2014, 03:54 PM
As much as a used set of decent sized Equips go for...

Find me a set of 18x9.5 +12 / 18x10.5 +15 Work Equips for $1000 and I'll buy them right now!

BiG MiKE86
07-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Find me a set of 18x9.5 +12 / 18x10.5 +15 Work Equips for $1000 and I'll buy them right now!

This.... ^^^^^

Maiku240sxS14
07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Dayum....way to shit on a guy's thread?! Why shot the messenger? Everyone who is complaining, should be taking it out on Varrstoen.

If you don't like them, don't buy them.