PDA

View Full Version : 180sx front lighting difficulties!

xxSleepy562xx
06-23-2014, 07:12 AM
Hey guys I know this might sound noobie, but I'm having difficulty with wiring up the position lights and turn signals for the type x front. My problem is that I'm trying to get the turn signals to stay on and flash when needed. And to just keep the position lights on is all. Or how are you guys running yours?

DreamN
06-23-2014, 07:32 AM
pretty sure the turn signals use single filament bulbs. pretty much you'd have to swap to a dual filament bulb with the appropriate bulb socket and wiring.

in stock form, position lights are your daytime running lights. signals only turn on when activated. which is how folks typically run them.

xxSleepy562xx
06-23-2014, 10:09 AM
pretty sure the turn signals use single filament bulbs. pretty much you'd have to swap to a dual filament bulb with the appropriate bulb socket and wiring.

in stock form, position lights are your daytime running lights. signals only turn on when activated. which is how folks typically run them.

Read up about that changing to the appropriate bulb, I appreciate it brotha! Gonna give it a shot.

Edwin562
06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
In order to use the position lamp as a dual purpose ( position & turn signal) you will have to custom fabricate the position housing to accept a 1157 light fixture. I used a Dmax position lamps instead of the OEM...

I will take some pics of my set up once i get the chance.

DreamN
06-26-2014, 05:39 PM
^ He's keeping the position lights as is. It's the signal lights that he wants as a dual purpose light.

240sxTyler
06-27-2014, 05:50 AM
I ended up wiring mine so that the fogs stay on all the time but the position lights only flash with the signal. I want to figure out how to keep all 4 on though, and have the position lights flash when signaling. I don't want the fogs to flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk