PDA

View Full Version : 240sx bucks when maintaining speed

tylerjdahle
06-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Anybody know whats wrong with her, 93 S13, when i feather gas to maintain speed and keep it that way i can feel the car give like a miss or clutch slipping or something like that and also when i have my hand on the shift know while i feather it in the top gears i can feel it jerk a bit, its not a big deal but i would like to know what it is, any ideas?

tylerjdahle
06-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Top Gears as in 1st, 3rd, and 5th

dallasc
06-25-2014, 06:58 PM
every manual car ive owned has done a little jerk on the shift knob when you give it gas nothing to worry about

RubyS14
06-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Anybody know whats wrong with her, 93 S13, when i feather gas to maintain speed and keep it that way i can feel the car give like a miss or clutch slipping or something like that and also when i have my hand on the shift know while i feather it in the top gears i can feel it jerk a bit, its not a big deal but i would like to know what it is, any ideas?

I just had the same basic experience literally two or three days ago. My car is a 96 S14 but it sounds similar enough to reply. My car was bucking quite a bit which baffled me as I just replaced the rear subframe and diff bushings. Torqued to spec and what-not. Crack open your hood with your S13 running and tap on top of the MAF sensor. I tapped on mine and the car died. I replaced the MAF and she's running like a top again. No bucking. Hopefully a Nissan noob passing along advice/help will help a bit.

Best of luck!

anti tyler
06-25-2014, 08:33 PM
The shift knob moving around is torque transferring through the drive line. "bucking" could be a list of things causing this.

Your first simple checks should be to make sure wires and connector clips are secure to your sensors. Pull each spark plug and check them. You may want to volt test your MAFs to make sure it's not toast.

Also depending on what you have, see if you can swap ECU's to narrow down what's going wrong.

Have you tried checking the ECU codes to see if there is anything obvious it may be trying to tell you?

g14novak
06-30-2014, 05:55 AM
My s13 coupe was having issues bucking at highway speeds just cruising. Ended up being a dirty in bay fuel filter