PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 World Cup Thread

Gnnr
06-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Anybody watching? ;)

No 240.. No id
06-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Yesssss. Yess yess haha.. Btw, i'm glad spain won't be making it this year lol.

vJilly
06-14-2014, 10:58 AM
RVP's header anyone?

Gnnr
06-14-2014, 08:16 PM
RVP's header anyone?

The header today by Oscar Duarte, nasty!

BossHogg
06-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Jimmy Fallon said it best.

"Millions of people will be watching. Dozens of them Americans."

vJilly
06-14-2014, 10:09 PM
The header today by Oscar Duarte, nasty!

yes! Sterling's goal today was amazing too as well as Balo's. But goal of the Cup for me so far has to be Honda's. His power never ceases to amaze me.

vJilly
06-15-2014, 10:29 AM
wait I forgot about Marchisio's goal... also just such an amazing goal.

tricky_ab
06-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Jimmy Fallon said it best.

"Millions of people will be watching. Dozens of them Americans."

Football (or soccer in America) is getting rather popular actually.

And yes, I'm watching as well. I even took some days off to watch matches :)

dsastr_clan
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
hell yes!! i have watched most of the games, did you guys hear about the Japanese fans? after their match the Japanese soccer team apologize to their fans for their lost, the Japanese fans got up and cleaned their trash in the stadium and left,,,, WHOA! thats awesome!

nathanong87
06-16-2014, 10:07 AM
today will be dempsey's day

vJilly
06-16-2014, 11:45 AM
i cant stand watching usa play man...

nathanong87
06-16-2014, 12:08 PM
i cant stand watching usa play man...

sometimes i can't either.... but

ManoNegra
06-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Germany being Germany... Portugal being Portugal
US may have a good chance to advance out of the group depending on today's results.

tricky_ab
06-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I don't think anyone is expecting the US to do much against Germany. Your only chance at anything other than a multiple goal loss there, is if Germany just lays back and gives no damn due them already having 6 points by that game, which is obviously likely (the 6 points, not necessarily the lax play). Though...Stranger things have happened.

If the US plays against Portugal like it did today, they will certainly lose. The man to man defense couldn't hang with most of the Ghana players who made offensive runs, they sure as hell won't be able to do handle Ronaldo.

stevenrapids
06-17-2014, 06:42 AM
US played like garbage. Luckily Ghana couldnt put shots on target last night.

nathanong87
06-17-2014, 07:54 AM

at the 55 minute mark, i was like... 'ok when is ghana scoring'. USA looked TIREEDDDDD but i was going crazy for zusi's cross (went to same college, and i watched him play all years) for the W. SO GOOD!!! portugal looked bad against germany....

ManoNegra
06-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Agree with what's being said, US 'win' did not inspire confidence at all.

Kaifd3s
06-17-2014, 08:36 AM

^THIS

I still "Believe".

nathanong87
06-17-2014, 09:34 AM
^THIS

I still "Believe".

i think....we can make it through 1-1-1 , and goal difference could help us.germany will go 3-0 (i think)and if we can tie portugal or better, we are in!

stevenrapids
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
With Altidore questionable it will be tough to pull a win/draw against either portugal or germany. Definitely sucks losing your main striker who puts pressure on the defense and opens up opportunities for the team. Hopefully they can keep their goal differential low as well. Overall though i really havent been impressed by the big name countries. Brazil and Spain have yet to show me anything great. Definitely gonna be some ggod games throughout.

nathanong87
06-17-2014, 12:24 PM
With Altidore questionable it will be tough to pull a win/draw against either portugal or germany. Definitely sucks losing your main striker who puts pressure on the defense and opens up opportunities for the team. Hopefully they can keep their goal differential low as well. Overall though i really havent been impressed by the big name countries. Brazil and Spain have yet to show me anything great. Definitely gonna be some ggod games throughout.

holland? germany? jozy altidore?... in dempsey we trust!

ineedone
06-17-2014, 12:50 PM
I think everyone is putting WAY to much stock in Ghana's possession. They took loads of low percentage shots - Howard was tested (maybe) twice.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=usa%20vs%20ghana%20stats

Shots on Goal is almost identical. Saves are identical.

They had possession in our third, sure. But US did not want to be in a counter v. counter war with a super physical Ghana. Ghana was a mental victory, it did not need to be clean, it just needed to happen.

Sucks for Altidore, but after his first missed shot he needed to be off the field. He has no confidence and wont produce for us. Johannsen is a better scorer and will work better with Dempsey/Bradley when we play more open (look at the last 10 mins of the Ghana game, we went right through them when we decided to remember how to play the damn game).

Portugal is in shambles, Pepe was the only one trying to hold that team together and he is out. Ronaldo is physically trashed - he hasnt had a solid performance in over a month and is probably still battling some bad tendinitis.

Germany will have a tough time against Ghana - Ghana is no slouch and can hurt you if you try to play open with them. Hopefully, by the time US meets Germany we will have both had our trips to the next round wrapped up so we can coast to a comfortable 0-0 tie.

I have never seen a US team able to respond at will - which is what we did to Ghana.

chato de shamrock
06-17-2014, 02:06 PM
if brasil doesn't come into the second half scoring within minutes, Mexico might have a chance to earn a point today, even win if they can get any offense going.

stevenrapids
06-17-2014, 02:41 PM
I think everyone is putting WAY to much stock in Ghana's possession. They took loads of low percentage shots - Howard was tested (maybe) twice.

The only reason Howard was only tested a few times was due soley to the fact Ghana couldn't put a shot on target. Regardless, If US plays the way they did last night against a team like portugal or Germany, they will have a very hard time. If Dempsey doesnt score that goal(great goal and praise to Dempsey, what a beast) US would have been in a world of hurt. Other than a few good possessions in which they took full advantage of their opportunities, the US played the whole game on their heels protecting their lead. When you let your opponent get off 21 shots, odds are not in your favor. Granted some of the shots were low percentage shots, quite a few were inside the 18.

nathanong87
06-18-2014, 09:29 AM
mexico brazil was exciting, but both teams lacked the final ball i think

ochoa was epic for mexico

vJilly
06-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Ochoa was nothing but amazing. I'm surprised mexico didnt pull it out because they challenged Julio Cesar sooo much at the beginning of the 2nd half.

K_style
06-19-2014, 01:17 AM
F**king Spain..... Done for now..

ManoNegra
06-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Couldn't watch the match live because of work but I caught the BBC broadcast later on.
Hearing the roar of the pro-Chile crowd and the singing of their anthem shake the stadium was chilling.
I think Spain was doomed before the kick-off.

chato de shamrock
06-19-2014, 08:18 PM
I still havent caught the Spain match but ESPN watch has all the games on their repeat section. Brasil and Argentina have yet to proven themselves. To this point they look very much beatable.

I just heard something on the news about FIFA fines due from fan behavior. Found this article on it. What do you folks think? Will it be effective at all in a world cup tournament?
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/19/fifa-investigates-homophobic-racist-behavior-from-4-world-cup-nations-including-mexico/

I heard the Brasilian fanbase do it but I thought they were giving Mexico a taste of their own medicine. Before that match i never caught their fans, as 1, chant vulgar things.

ManoNegra
06-20-2014, 11:13 AM
This isn't news, derogatory insulting chants are common in many leagues.
Doesn't mean I condone it but it's odd that only its making headlines.

Costa Rica ahead of Italy at half time.... wtf!!!

vJilly
06-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Costa Rica played amazing but we're spent at about the 60 minute mark and Italy had good chances but just threw them away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gnnr
06-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Fuck, I'm going to be on the edge of my seat for USA vs. Portugal tomorrow!

vJilly
06-21-2014, 12:00 PM
MESSI.

that is all.

Matej
06-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Germany or Netherlands.

mrfyzv
06-22-2014, 08:55 AM
How not to see this tournament the same match the best of the best. I am a fan of Germany and Holland

mrfyzv
06-22-2014, 09:00 AM
I have a question: how do you think those who play the final? My version of Germany and the Netherlands (add your opinion)

SimpleS14
06-22-2014, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see France vs. Netherlands

Matej
06-22-2014, 06:03 PM
US getting scored on twenty seconds before they could have advanced. What an upset.

Gnnr
06-22-2014, 06:17 PM
US getting scored on twenty seconds before they could have advanced. What an upset.

Fucking A! :mad:

stevenrapids
06-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I must say they played very well though and looked 10x better than the Ghana game. Other than a few lapses it was a great game. Great ball movement paired with great runs from multiple players. I think Bradley needs to pick up his play in the midfield a bit though. It'll be quite interesting to see how the group pans out. Overall the US is in great shape though.

vJilly
06-22-2014, 08:23 PM
i agree. watching USA was a lot easier to do. that early goal gave them a kick in the butt to get it in gear. and does it need to be said? FUCKING JERMAINE JONES

Gamma
06-22-2014, 09:31 PM
USA played a solid game, except for a few spots.. I really wish they could have pulled out the win, lol I can't believe they let Portugal score in the last 30sec... Other than that I think they advance, with a tie game against Germany.... Mexico advances too with a win over Croatia... And for all u Brazilian fans, I think they are over rated this time around. They should have lost against Croatia but they got so much help from the refs it wasn't even funny. I guess cause they are the home team.. And best goal so far Van fuckin Percey's header.!!!!.

vJilly
06-22-2014, 10:48 PM
goal of the tourney for me is either Marchisio's out side the box rip, or RVP's... can't decide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManoNegra
06-23-2014, 07:20 AM

Disappointed at the squandered opportunity maybe but not an upset.

I must say they played very well though and looked 10x better than the Ghana game. Other than a few lapses it was a great game. Great ball movement paired with great runs from multiple players. I think Bradley needs to pick up his play in the midfield a bit though. It'll be quite interesting to see how the group pans out. Overall the US is in great shape though.

Agree.
I wish US defenders would have been more physical with Ronaldo.
Why give a player of that level any room to think is beyond me.

nathanong87
06-23-2014, 08:46 AM
goal of the tourney is CAHILL's full volley on his 'wrong' peg. forreal!

also USA let in two terrible goalsbut the saving grace is that we scored two really good goals. The second was off dempsey's nuts, but that was a well worked goal. We dismantled portugal with thatdisappointed with that result, ESPECIALLY how we gave up our goals. Bradley blew it... i couldn't believe he gave it up in the middle of the park.

Personally he should have played way stronger on that play. We gave ronaldo alot of space to cross too. There were a few errors on that play. Altohugh the numbers are in our favor, we could have clinched a berth. I would have preferred that, over all these heart attacks i've been having lol

blueshark123
06-24-2014, 12:25 PM
BYE BYE Italy. Arriba mi CELESTA Uruguay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManoNegra
06-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Too bad Suarez' World Cup may be done depending on how FIFA decides to address his latest biting incident.

Costa Rica winning the group though...

blueshark123
06-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Im costa rican also so im fine with that lol.

As far as bite he hungry for the win lol..... But in the angles they have on camera it doesnt clearly show bite for them to suspend him i hope.

Such a great player but he does anything to win and thats not always good clearly. The italians were playing very dirty the entire game and chiellini stayed faking fouls so who knows how bad it was.

Juantwo3
06-24-2014, 01:42 PM
mexico!!!! netherlands!!! should be a great game!

Gamma
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Damn the teams of the America's (North&South) are handling business..
Yup Juantwo3 that should be a very good game, I can't wait. The Netherlands on the other hand are a though opponent, but I wouldn't be surprise if Mexico can come out with the win.. They have shown they have a strong squad and the same goes for the Netherlands.. Ohhh yah this World Cup officiating has been the worse since game 1, they can't get any freakin calls right...
Let's go U.S.A!!!! We got this

Highway Riding
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
LMFAO @ the vampire Saurez today.. Most def will be suspended now!

nathanong87
06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Let's go U.S.A!!!! We got this

ManoNegra
06-25-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't know what is worse, Suarez third biting incident or the vehement
denial of any wrong doing by teammates, coach and local medial against
insurmountable evidence to the contrary.

Shame on you Uruguay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/uruguay-fa-claim-luis-suarez-bite-pictures-were--photoshopped--171211241.html

Gamma
06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Damn the U.S played a terrible,terrible (Charles Barkleys vocie)game.. But none the less we advance, lol thanks to Portugal..

ineedone
06-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Damn the U.S played a terrible,terrible (Charles Barkleys vocie)game.. But none the less we advance, lol thanks to Portugal..

I dont know about all that... having traveled as much, playing against a fresher, ridiculous German side, after a brutal manaus game (which no team has won a game after playing there)... I think it was ok.

After the first 15-20 mins, we started looking dangerous and having loads of possesion and getting chances.

Second half - they definitely saw the ghana scoreline and decided to ride out the game - zusi should have scored, dempsey should have scored, and bedoya too.

Lamm decided to show Beckerman how not to chill in any game bro.

Not the type of performance we saw against portugal, but still light years better than the ghana game.

chato de shamrock
06-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Netherlands
Brasil
Germany
Argentina
France

Who'll be the first upset?

stevenrapids
06-27-2014, 06:09 AM
Netherlands
Brasil
Germany
Argentina
France

I think brasil will fall rather quick.

ManoNegra
06-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Brazil v Germany should be a good one.

1 88 U
06-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Germany or Netherlands.

Netherlands is going to take this thing straight wins no draws.

Gnnr
06-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Netherlands
Brasil
Germany
Argentina
France

Pains me to say it, but Argentina. They have not been playing to the level expected. Brasil also not a strong team, even though Neymar is good.

Gamma
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Yup Gnnr I think ur right Brasil,Argintina and France we'll be the first to loss

Akito86
06-27-2014, 04:02 PM
i think France might be the 1st out too they struggle a bit, not showing much promise
or Costa rica although, have been quietly winning their games.

too bad about Suarez such good player! still thou Nom nom Nom nom....

the US its showing a lot of heart. i like that, win or lose i am proud of them

the Brazil and Argentina Goal keepers in my opinion are not so good they could of went with a different choice.

i say Holland or Germany might just win it. i have to say thou since last world cups Holland always plays good and looses at the peak. they might go all the way this time
plus they have cool nickname (mechanical orange XD) but its too early to say.

how are the games looking for the next phase

chato de shamrock
06-27-2014, 11:31 PM
I hate to say it but Netherlands is going to take care of Mexico without breaking a sweat, and if i'm wrong this match will be the biggest upset in the tournament.

Chile's probably got the best chance for an upset in this upcoming round, but Brasil stepped it up in the last game. I'd say the first upset could come in the Switzerland - Argentina match unless they can find someone else to score besides Messi. I hope not, it might just be the Brasilian humidity but their coach has this creepy, sleazy Doug Hutchison/Hannibal Lecter vibe going. Brings chills down my spine when he gets air time.

Gamma
06-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Brazil wins in penalties 3-2 against Chili

Gnnr
06-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Colombia will destroy Brazil. That team is in beast mode.

nathanong87
06-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Colombia will destroy Brazil. That team is in beast mode.

x1 million.... colombia is playing from another planet compared to brazil.

chato de shamrock
06-28-2014, 09:19 PM
I dont know. I see Colombia and Chile about as equally talented. Colombia looks to have the edge but their group was weaker then Chile's and they faced Uruguay without the player that scored half that team's goals. Brasil will be the team that's going to have to show up and prove themselves, but I think they'll muster up a win. I think Chile had the better chance to beat Brasil instead of Colombia.

Gamma
06-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Is Netherlands consider one of the favorites to win the World Cup, cause they kick ass in every game... Good game so far Mexico V.s Netherlands halftime 0-0

Gamma
06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Mexico played a great game they should have won, but they gave the game away the last 12 min...

SimpleS14
06-29-2014, 01:05 PM
The Dutch turned it up towards the end of the game. They were bound to score with how they were attacking on the pitch.

Robben has some amazing footwork IMO.

chato de shamrock
06-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Mexico gave away the game after their goal. The ball control, the tempo, Netherlands dictated everything from that point on and went into Mexico's 1/3 and even 1/4 of the field with total ease. When they took the ball away from the Netherlands there was little movement forward cause most just stayed back. A total fuck up cause the Mexico goal came very early in the second half and it was a no brainer that the Netherlands would raise the attacking, pressure and search for the tying goal and had over 40 minutes to find it. With a team that ESPN ranks as the favorite you know 40 minutes is enough to at least get a single goal and go from there. If pulling back and playing an entire half of defense was the plan then there was no point in Chicharo entering the game. Herrera should have thrown another defender in the back, maybe even two if they had that many substitutions remaining. My thoughts, they should have sought a second goal. That attempt would have put some pressure on the Netherlands to defend and perhaps pushed them back off Mexico's 1/3. Instead it was all attack by Netherlands and all defense by Mexico, and I don't believe soccer is like the NFL where it's a given that the best defense wins the super bowl.

tricky_ab
06-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Mexico were happy with the one goal lead, and that bit them in the ass.

I hate how the overall quality of football is lower then usual for the UEFA teams because of the heat and humidity. For the love of God, schedule the matches later in the day or the evening so that we get some quality play.

The Dutch turned it up towards the end of the game. They were bound to score with how they were attacking on the pitch.

Robben has some amazing footwork IMO.

Yeah for sure, it was a matter of "is there enough time for them to score"

And they pulled through with the win!

And he has some of the best ball control in the world. That plus his speed make him super dangerous in the box.

theronin
06-29-2014, 08:34 PM
The amount of flopping in every game is infuriating.

chato de shamrock
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
QUOTE=tricky_ab;5668049]And he has some of the best ball control in the world. That plus his speed make him super dangerous in the box.[/QUOTE]

not to knock on the guy's talent but marquez is an old man. the game announcers spotted the mismatch on one of rubbens first attacks in the first half and Mexico never adjusted.

If they schedule games to a time when temperatures are cooler they'd be playing the tournament after 11p.m. When I was there we were out at 1 a.m. and it felt like high 70 degree shorts and sandals weather and the humidity was still felt. im not sure they can predict a good time.

tricky_ab
06-29-2014, 11:01 PM
France and Nigeria tomorrow should be very interesting. Both teams play a bit loose defensively, so it should be an entertaining game and if there's going to be an African surprise this tournament, it's probably going to come from this game.

If they schedule games to a time when temperatures are cooler they'd be playing the tournament after 11p.m. When I was there we were out at 1 a.m. and it felt like high 70 degree shorts and sandals weather and the humidity was still felt. im not sure they can predict a good time.

Playing matches after 6PM is a lot better for the players, then playing mid day when the sun is right overhead.

Gnnr
06-29-2014, 11:35 PM
2uEpcfonkt4

stevenrapids
06-30-2014, 02:03 PM
As said before the amount of flopping is ruining this great game. I am a huge soccer fan and played for a quite a few years, and it is hard to watch all these Lebron flops out there. I can't believe Greece didn't capitalize on the costa rica red card.

Gamma
06-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Lmao flopping is contagious what do u expect.. The funny thing is even FIFA has come out and said that robbens penalty against Mexico was the wrong call... The refs have sucked so bad, in this World Cup..
LMAO robbens has even come out and said he sorry for diving to try and get the penalty. Chumps they should kick Netherlands out and award Mexico with advancing

Gamma
06-30-2014, 02:15 PM
I believe that we can win, I believe that we can win, I believe that we can win.... Woo Hooo let's go U.S.A we got this next game... U.S.A all day baby

chato de shamrock
07-01-2014, 12:06 AM
France and Nigeria tomorrow should be very interesting. Both teams play a bit loose defensively, so it should be an entertaining game and if there's going to be an African surprise this tournament, it's probably going to come from this game.

Playing matches after 6PM is a lot better for the players, then playing mid day when the sun is right overhead.
6 would be good but they are giving 4 hours between starts. the next game would start at 10PM. I dont know. Perhaps starting games at 4 and 8. the weather out there is crazy. one day you got bright sun and dry air. the next day its grey skies and super muggy. It can feel warm in the morning, then a thunderstorm and humidity can catch you in the middle of the street with sandals and shorts.

Gnnr
07-01-2014, 01:53 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/311v2tv.png

'merica! Lets do this!

chato de shamrock
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
in that second half it seems the u.s. is quick to give up the ball each time they get possession. that and the constant playing on the u.s. 1/4 of the field reminds me of Mexico.

LoneStarSilvia
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Extra time. I almost had kittens during stoppage time.

theronin
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
We put up a helluvafight but now down 2, I think USA is done. So proud of them and how hard they played

tricky_ab
07-01-2014, 06:12 PM
If I was a US fan (Watching this WC) I would be really pissed at the performances the team had the entire tournament. They never looked like the better team in any of their matches in the group stage, and got results from random moments of individual skill and set pieces rather than good structured play. The Defense was awful in every game they played, they just didn't get punished very often, or Howard kept them in it.

They showed great spirit at the end of the match today, but not much else. They absolutely deserved their spot in the second round based on their results, but they never looked convincing in getting them.

ManoNegra
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
That'll be all Howard... that'll be all.

"Beaten at the end, Howard summoned the energy for a postgame lap around the field to wave and thank the American fans who trekked here. As he finished, he ran into the Belgians themselves, exhausted but exhilarated, and what unfolded was a scene of honor among warriors.

Howard had tested the Belgian's will, and they wanted him to know it. So Marouane Fellaini came and gave him a hug and some words of respect. Eden Hazard put an arm on the goalkeeper's shoulder. Kevin Mirallas just patted him on the back. A small group of other Belgium players stood and clapped in his direction."

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/feeds/Associated%20Press/2014/07/01/876/493/f1d7ecd0a5c0ae19580f6a7067006a5e.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Juantwo3
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
tim howard was stone wall he's the henrick lunquist of soccer. we set up a tv at the shop to watch all the games i was really hoping the U.S would pull threw but playing to much defense and a ton of small mistakes just killed it but Howard. but man the last second half things got real emotional at the shop lol

i cant wait for the brazil vs Colombia game colombia should be a great game

stevenrapids
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM
as Tricky stated, the US didnt look good all tournament. aside from the Portugal game, all they did was give the ball away and play defense for 90 minutes. Mad respect for Tim Howard and his great performance though.

nathanong87
07-03-2014, 10:18 AM
as Tricky stated, the US didnt look good all tournament. aside from the Portugal game, all they did was give the ball away and play defense for 90 minutes. Mad respect for Tim Howard and his great performance though.

x2

i was happy they made it as far as they did, but we (USA) didn't play well in the group stages or against belgium.

i think it looked like a lack of fitness. We never looked like we could go the distance. Also i dont really consider any outfield player on USA 'worldclass', when most other teams have at least one.

Gnnr
07-03-2014, 11:05 PM
i think it looked like a lack of fitness. We never looked like we could go the distance.

They were tired. That's not an excuse, its a fact. The US team traveled 9,000+ miles during the cup going between stadiums, more than any other team. When you take that into account, I say we did pretty good. I would also say not traveling that many miles we could have gone at least 1 more game so their result is respectable.

Matej
07-04-2014, 03:02 AM
Really wished the US would get further. Not that I thought they had a chance at winning the Cup, but it has been really cool to see people get excited about the sport. Apparently each US match drew more TV viewers than the most recent NBA and MLB final games, which is shocking awesome.

Gnnr
07-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Surprisingly, Colombia played their weakest game and Brasil their best so far. Sucks about Neymar's injury though.

ManoNegra
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Surprisingly, Colombia played their weakest game and Brasil their best so far. Sucks about Neymar's injury though.

I'm not condoning it but I think it's Karma.
Brazil came out with a clear plan to be physical with James and it clearly took Colombia out of the game in the first half.
A few of those tackles should have been yellow cards.
Colombia simply came out to do the same in the second half.

Matej
07-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Wow, Germany is slaying Brazil right now.

chato de shamrock
07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
my girlfriend is super annoyed. keeps telling me to turn off the t.v. looks like I won't be getting lucky anytime in the near future :-p good thing we arent out there. the streets are probably going to be full of rioters.

Jsal32
07-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Better now than in the final.

I'm surprised Brazil has made it this far. I thought, for sure, that Colombia was going to knock them out. They've been playing horrible defense the whole tournament.

Argentina better win tomorrow. Who wants to see an all-euro final? Not me.

-Jose

No 240.. No id
07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
For sale: Brazil jersey... Or trade for Hub caps

chato de shamrock
07-08-2014, 03:31 PM
brazil and argentina have played similar. theyve both underachieved and just did enough to get the wins. nothing dominating from either and it was only a matter of time they'd be exposed to those who still believe any of those two would win. my t.v.'s getting turn off now. I want to live to see another day.

nathanong87
07-08-2014, 05:45 PM
heat map of the game
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10518696_811752398858459_6816701829248567886_n.jpg

1 88 U
07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Netherlands all the way!

KiLLeR2001
07-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Das boot. ...

ManoNegra
07-09-2014, 09:12 AM
After US and Concacaf teams, Argentina is my team and I'm anxious because
as has been mentioned, they haven't been playing all that well and relying on a
few individual plays to get them through....
and we all know how that worked out for Brazil.

nathanong87
07-09-2014, 01:11 PM
After US and Concacaf teams, Argentina is my team and I'm anxious because
as has been mentioned, they haven't been playing all that well and relying on a
few individual plays to get them through....
and we all know how that worked out for Brazil.

i think holland will beat them.... then i think germany v holland will be epic...

blueshark123
07-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Like mentioned earlier, I completely agree Brazil and Argentina have both been lucky to not have played against a harder opponent earlier in the worldcup. They both would have been eliminated already. They both have suffered against a lot easier teams to barely win.

Hopefully argentina gets exposed today like brazil has.

Same can be said about Colombia. Not sure why so many people believed they can beat brazil or even make it to that final they didnt beat anyone good prior to that match. Greece, ivory coast, japan, and Uruguay without suarez. Come on people open your eyes.

Gnnr
07-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Same can be said about Colombia. Not sure why so many people believed they can beat brazil or even make it to that final they didnt beat anyone good prior to that match. Greece, ivory coast, japan, and Uruguay without suarez. Come on people open your eyes.

Did you see the Brazil/Colombia game? That shit was rigged as fuck. Someone payed the refs or threatened them or both.

Anyways, glad Argentina made it through. Looks like I'm winning my office pool, lol.

chato de shamrock
07-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Germany WILL win. Argentina will walk out of that match whipping the sweat off their foreheads cause they won't get the beating Brasil did, but they will lose by more then 1 goal and Maradona won't be in the stadium for them to make excuses about their performance.

nathanong87
07-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Did you see the Brazil/Colombia game? That shit was rigged as fuck. Someone payed the refs or threatened them or both.

Anyways, glad Argentina made it through. Looks like I'm winning my office pool, lol.

well whoever paid them, needs their money back because columbia knocked their talisman out of the match... zuniga didn't get a card for that either.

ManoNegra
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Well, that was a pleasant surprise
Argentina, while still not great, played their best game of the cup so far
Good thing I didn't make any bets before the game

nathanong87
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Well, that was a pleasant surprise
Argentina, while still not great, played their best game of the cup so far
Good thing I didn't make any bets before the game

i think neither argentina nor holland wanted to be embarassed like brazil was.... so they each played defense against each other.

robben look neutralized all game. Messi really didn't come into his own either....

it was a meh game.

ManoNegra
07-10-2014, 08:16 AM
It was a tactical game, which is something that is difficult to appreciate or like,
I also would have liked more attacking and goals.
They both went out (specially Argentina) to neutralize that other.
Has worked for Italy in the past.

greddy2die
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
i passed out on the couch watching the game during extra time =/ woke up just after the penalty kicks to Argentina celebrating. i was so pissed

nathanong87
07-12-2014, 04:57 PM
LOLOL brazil is terrible

Matej
07-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Neymar is probably glad to not be a part of the embarrassment.

Not sure who to root for tomorrow. I like Messi as a player and want him to have a World Cup win in his career, but I prefer Germany as a team.

theronin
07-12-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm fairly certain if Germany plays like the did VS Brazil, Argentina has no chance. The ball movement, formations, just razor like precision they play with is seriously amazing. Makes me wonder how we only lost by one goal. Dudes are disciplined, organized, and imo completely unstoppable. I will be very shocked if they don't win by multiple goals

Gnnr
07-13-2014, 04:13 PM
In all this Free Agency hoopla has anyone else noticed the MAJOR arms race happening between Mavs and Rockets? :eek3:

ManoNegra
07-14-2014, 07:26 AM
I don't what's worse, getting humiliated in a lopsided loss (Brazil) or
missing several scoring opportunities and end up losing by one goal.
All in all the better team, emphasis on the word team, won.
Congratulations Germany.

Gnnr
07-14-2014, 08:32 AM
I was rooting for Argentina, feel sorry for Messi, but you can't compare their loss to Brazil's. I thought it was a well played game between Germany and Argentina. My buddy called it and said this game would be a 1-0 win and I thought it was going to end up in penalties.

No 240.. No id
07-14-2014, 08:41 AM
I was hoping Argentina will win this, but honestlly Germany played way better, clean and worked so hard for this. At the end of the day, im glad they won.

nathanong87
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
ze germans deserved the victory.

messi winning golden ball is comedy hour.

blueshark123
07-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Seriously why they gave that shit to messi this is why I hate him so much unfortunately. He is a great player for sure, but not what they make him out to be at all. There is a handful of players that did more this cup then him. Honestly James Rod. or Muller should of got it.

I also didnt think the golden glove should of been the goalie for germany. I think Navas, howard or ochoa showed more skill since their defense was weak lol.

Gnnr
07-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Seriously why they gave that shit to messi this is why I hate him so much unfortunately. He is a great player for sure, but not what they make him out to be at all. There is a handful of players that did more this cup then him. Honestly James Rod. or Muller should of got it.

Did you see the guy's face when he received it? He didn't want it, it was a bullshit consolation prize.